Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 08:36 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Interesting that 'cursing, public acts of nudity' were mentioned...is this place ran by Puritans or what? LOL

I wonder how they felt about the swim suits worn by these young girls, (shows too much skin would be my guess), cannot allow the innocent little children to see midriffs, or thighs on a women, that would be dangerous territory.
Public nudity will get you kicked out of lots of places.

Their complex, their rules. Don't like it? Don't live there. *shrug*

Old 05-10-2022, 08:37 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It sounds like they have had multiple complaints about this young lady and this was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm no Puritan, but I hated when people cussed and used God's name in vain when my kids were young.
Agree. In my experience it’s almost never only about the offending incident. Its about a series of incidents that led to this one incident being the last straw.

Whether poor, middle class, or wealthy there’s no excuse for living like trash and using skin color or culture to justify such behavior is enabling bad behavior which leads to worse behavior later.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It sounds like they have had multiple complaints about this young lady and this was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm no Puritan, but I hated when people cussed and used God's name in vain when my kids were young.
Yes and there is a reason for that, we all have Puritan heritage, anything 'offensive to God' is frowned upon.

This is not a new thing, in fact its very old and antiquated. Gone are the days of going after and targeting witches and others who offend God, this is 2022 folks, not 1422.

We MUST get past these antiquated beliefs, they were not right centuries ago and not right today.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:43 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Yes and there is a reason for that, we all have Puritan heritage, anything 'offensive to God' is frowned upon.

This is not a new thing, in fact its very old and antiquated. Gone are the days of going after and targeting witches and others who offend God, this is 2022 folks, not 1422.

We MUST get past these antiquated beliefs, they were not right centuries ago and not right today.

So just let it all hang out? No public decency standards whatsoever?

Old 05-10-2022, 08:45 AM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Interesting that 'cursing, public acts of nudity' were mentioned...is this place ran by Puritans or what? LOL

I wonder how they felt about the swim suits worn by these young girls, (shows too much skin would be my guess), cannot allow the innocent little children to see midriffs, or thighs on a women, that would be dangerous territory.
She was wearing a string bikini. Might be a bit more skin than midriff and thighs. Probably inappropriate for a community pool with small kids.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:45 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

Nobody is being burned at the stake.

If a private place wants to set rules of behavior then that is their choice.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:46 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:

It’s a rental property which are allowed to set their own standards of proper behavior in the public areas of their property.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:49 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:

Born and bred as a Southern Baptist here, so I get it honest. My sisters and I joked that our mom, bless her soul, considered fart the f-word. For a Christian born in South Carolina where I have lived most of my life, I'm not your typical "Puritan." It's just that to me words matter.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:56 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
If you read the whole article, apparently there were MANY acts of lewd, aggressive behavior over a weekend that caused multiple residents to complain, and multiple videos (maybe taken by security cameras, don't know) that the management wouldn't release because they contained other minors who live in the complex.

The truth is in the middle here.

This is apparently fairly high end housing, and upper middle class white people don't behave this way.

I wonder if white males getting drunk and laughing and shoving each other in the hallways would have been met with the same reaction.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:57 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
This is a tough one because culture and genetics makes it so that girls are going to want to let loose in this manner and be kinky and sexual and I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that... if you tried to condition them to not behave this way they often end up rebelling ... men will often tell you that often the kinkiest women are the ones who were raised as Christians and Catholics they're just conditioned to be private about it and put on the good girl Persona in public.

Their true nature was oppressed for so long that when they finally get a taste of Freedom they can't control themselves. Then again this 21 year old clearly wasn't raised to be a Puritan and she can't control herself . I suspect if she wasn't overweight she wouldn't have gotten evicted the way she did. Also if she happened to be copping an attitude to the people who work there...
Well there is a time and place for everything. Apparently some of the behavior this girl and her friends were engaging in was a no no for public places at the complex and stated so in the signed lease.

Personally I dont give a spit if culture, genetics, or long time oppression makes you want to be rude, crude, naked, twerking, or fighting when it is explicitly or implied to be offensive and against the rules to do so in shared family areas. None of those things trump proper etiquette for particular venues.

And to act in such a manner and break the rules like they dont apply to you then cry racism when your called out on it.....That is getting really old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies