Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 09:29 AM

17,638 posts, read 17,743,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Kicked out of a bar or hotel, though, is a different level of reaction from being evicted from your home.
A home with a signed lease agreement that included rules for the property which they were in violation of.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:30 AM

25,883 posts, read 18,904,112 times
I wonder if the idiot would have opened a bordello or strip club by the pool, and then got evicted, she would still whine?

Some people will try to excuse anything. And some of those folks will try to bring race into the picture to excuse the excuse. Which is completely counterproductive.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:34 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeZoned View Post
If you care so much, offer them a spot in yours.

You will earn points among your knitting circle.
I don't want that behavior here, I've made that pretty clear and there's no need to be rude or dismissive.

Just like aggressive behaviors in boys are tolerated better in schools than those exact behaviors in girls, misbehaviors of white people can also be better tolerated than misbehaviors of black people.

White people aren't told to disperse when they gather at the rate that black people are, just because they're gathered.

Don't know. Would love to see how this winds up.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's funny how the "their company, their rules" mantra only applies when one agrees with that rule.
I’ve lived in apartments and trailer parks that had similar rules for those renting. We had to sign a lease agreement and it came with rules for the property. They’re property, their rules. Residents who didn’t abide by those rules were generally given a warning, especially if their behavior was making things difficult for their neighbors or management. Those who became aggressive or acted in a criminal manner were evicted, regardless of skin color or ethnic origin. Eviction isn’t easy nor cheap for the property owner so it’s generally as last resort for a serious problem tenant. It was made more difficult to protect the resident from malicious intent on the part of the property owner. Now property owners have to have a valid reason and evidence before filing to evict an tenant.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeZoned View Post
I'm willing to entertain there is some truth in your statement around black people vs white people.

But not for a second will I entertain the idea that aggressive behaviors in boys is more tolerated than when done by girls.

Run an experiment: have a man slap his girlfriend, and see how quickly he's reported to the police. Now reverse that, have a girlfriend slap her boyfriend and see if anyone reports it.
I'm talking about boys and girls in school, not adults or teens.

I'll agree that adult male aggression to females is treated more harshly.

I'm talking about aggressive kindergartners. And yes, girls will be dinged on their conduct for the exact behaviors of the boys - grabbing shared supplies, shoving in lunch line, running in the halls, etc.

But that's a rabbit trail.

My overriding point is, behaviors of some groups are less tolerated than behaviors of other groups.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
A home with a signed lease agreement that included rules for the property which they were in violation of.
Since when is 'offending God' a violation of lease agreements? LOL

Who are these landlords?!!!

Old 05-10-2022, 09:48 AM

78,547 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Kicked out of a bar or hotel, though, is a different level of reaction from being evicted from your home.
It's *harder* to get evicted and costly to the landlord. Let that sink in.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

And where did I say anything about offending god?

Old 05-10-2022, 09:56 AM

78,547 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

IDK, you tell us considering you just made all that up out of straw.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:57 AM

1,069 posts, read 748,042 times
As I read the comments condoning Alanah Foster's behavior I ask myself "Would they want a neighbor like that?" I seriously doubt it! I lived in fairly upscale apartment complex for six years. I witnessed blacks and whites evicted for similar behavior. This included an NBA player who after being warned repeatedly got evicted for loud parties and the misdeeds of he and his guests. If a resident wants to lay by the pool and relax they have a right not to be disturbed by a neighbor and their guests acting like it's spring break. When you live in an apartment complex or condominium you have an obligation to respect your neighbors and comply with the rules that are established in your lease or association by laws. If not, then you can expect to get evicted.

Last edited by irishcopper; 05-10-2022 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies