Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 11:30 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

Of course mummy dearest is trying to deflect everything; unsurprisingly she's hinting at racism being involved.

Reading of the alleged behaviors of the daughter, I don't fault the apartment in evicting them. Maybe that kind of repeated crass behavior is why they are being evicted as compared to other residents.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/daughter-...100000403.html

Quote:
A Charlotte woman said she was startled to learn she’s being evicted in the aftermath of her 21-year-old daughter and a friend twerking in the pool of their high-rise apartment complex last month, and the friend then cursing at a concierge.

Marshette Foster, who is Black, told The Charlotte Observer she believes what happened at the Element SouthPark outdoor pool across from SouthPark mall on April 30 was part of a pattern of a different concierge appearing when she and her fiance or her daughter, Alanah, and friends, go to relax in the pool.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:40 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
The Fosters need the rules or leave. And quit making black people look ignorant and obnoxious.

And thank you, Yahoo, for pointing out how ignorant and obnoxious some people can be. An occasional reminder is appreciated.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:54 AM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Nobody wants to see your fat daughter shake her ass, Marshette.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:59 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
No matter how high class the apartment you live in is, not everyone who lives there is high class. The apartment has video evidence. This is not a racial incident. The mother is just airing out her daughter's dirty laundry.

Quote:
“Resident statements and video show the resident and her guests performing acts of public nudity, fighting, and other extremely unacceptable behaviors for any of our residents to witness, but it is especially unacceptable due to the presence of small children,” Element SouthPark said.

“We are proud to be a diverse community with residents and team members from all backgrounds,” according to the statement. “Our community amenities are for the enjoyment of all residents.

“After several resident complaints regarding the actions that occurred in our amenity spaces, we were obligated to enforce the lease which each resident signs and agrees to when moving into our community.”
Quote is from the link in the OP

Old 05-10-2022, 08:06 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Okay, call me old-fashioned, but when my daughter was about 14 in about 2005, I didn't even know what twerking was, but when I went to pick her up from a junior high school dance, I went a few minutes early to observe -- and when I saw my daughter dancing in a VERY sexy and suggestive manner with a female friend -- she is not lesbian, btw, but they were doing it to show off to the boys -- I went up to her and said, "We are leaving now."

As that did not change her behavior toward boys in general, I am not sure that this was the correct response, but I just cannot believe those parents who see their young children acting in that way, and acting like that kind of behavior is perfectly okay. And I cannot believe those people who say it is wrong for anyone to try to inhibit a child's natural sexuality in any way.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Interesting that 'cursing, public acts of nudity' were mentioned...is this place ran by Puritans or what? LOL

I wonder how they felt about the swim suits worn by these young girls, (shows too much skin would be my guess), cannot allow the innocent little children to see midriffs, or thighs on a women, that would be dangerous territory.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:23 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Interesting that 'cursing, public acts of nudity' were mentioned...is this place ran by Puritans or what? LOL

I wonder how they felt about the swim suits worn by these young girls, (shows too much skin would be my guess), cannot allow the innocent little children to see midriffs, or thighs on a women, that would be dangerous territory.
It sounds like they have had multiple complaints about this young lady and this was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm no Puritan, but I hated when people cussed and used God's name in vain when my kids were young.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:24 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Okay, call me old-fashioned, but when my daughter was about 14 in about 2005, I didn't even know what twerking was, but when I went to pick her up from a junior high school dance, I went a few minutes early to observe -- and when I saw my daughter dancing in a VERY sexy and suggestive manner with a female friend -- she is not lesbian, btw, but they were doing it to show off to the boys -- I went up to her and said, "We are leaving now."

As that did not change her behavior toward boys in general, I am not sure that this was the correct response, but I just cannot believe those parents who see their young children acting in that way, and acting like that kind of behavior is perfectly okay. And I cannot believe those people who say it is wrong for anyone to try to inhibit a child's natural sexuality in any way.
The daughter was 21.
Not sure a mothers words will have the same effect as when she was 14.
Maybe is something more had been said 7 years prior, this situation could have been avoided.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:32 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The daughter was 21.
Not sure a mothers words will have the same effect as when she was 14.
Maybe is something more had been said 7 years prior, this situation could have been avoided.
Thanks! I missed that.

But it does make me wonder if she would have/should have been evicted if her daughter was 14, for example, and I also wonder what the laws are in that respect -- and/or if it would make a difference if the daughter was learning disabled and continued her behavior for that reason?

Old 05-10-2022, 08:35 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
This is a tough one because culture and genetics makes it so that girls are going to want to let loose in this manner and be kinky and sexual and I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that... if you tried to condition them to not behave this way they often end up rebelling ... men will often tell you that often the kinkiest women are the ones who were raised as Christians and Catholics they're just conditioned to be private about it and put on the good girl Persona in public.

Their true nature was oppressed for so long that when they finally get a taste of Freedom they can't control themselves. Then again this 21 year old clearly wasn't raised to be a Puritan and she can't control herself . I suspect if she wasn't overweight she wouldn't have gotten evicted the way she did. Also if she happened to be copping an attitude to the people who work there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies