Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 08:31 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile her city is a warzone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 08:31 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeZoned View Post
There is a huge difference between Lightfoot's "call to arms" and Trump's name calling.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:32 AM

29,519 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Who cares what Mayor Grady has to say.... She's is destroying this city with her policies. Worst mayor in Chicago history? Imo she's as bad or worse than Big Bill Thompson who was in Capone's pockets.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
She should be arrested and put on trial for making terroristic threats.
Uh, this is why we have the 2nd Amendment!!

I would love to hear anyone explain (another way), that intimidating Govt or agents of the govt, to discourage them from violating our rights, using firearms, can be done in a way that is socially acceptable today?

the intimidation comes from what the citizens COULD DO, if govt tries to violate our rights, its the basis for the 2nd Amendment, (so citizens can defend themselves from the govt), and firearms are needed to accomplish this. No way around it.

I will say, its very suspicious today, when 'exercising such an important right, is viewed as 'terroristic threatening'!! Hmm, what is that indicative of?

Old 05-10-2022, 08:35 AM

She is the same creature that refuses to answer questions about why downtown Chicago which was once safe is now full of violence to the point where people now call the Mag mile the fear mile!

Old 05-10-2022, 08:35 AM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I doubt any Democrats will condemn this.

Lightfoot tweeted Monday night, "To my friends in the LGBTQ+ community—the Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to arms."
Lightfoot added, "We will not surrender our rights without a fight—a fight to victory!"

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...campaign=64474
Nothing to see here. Anyone with shred of common sense can see that the leftists can utilize hate speech, intimidation, and violence to get their point across, because only their points are correct. It's how they roll.

As with anything, there are exceptions, not all leftists condone hate speech, intimidation, and violence.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:36 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:

Lightfoot tweeted Monday night, "To my friends in the LGBTQ+ community—the Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to arms."
Lightfoot added, "We will not surrender our rights without a fight—a fight to victory!"

remember when leftists lost their minds over trump using the word 'fight'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
She is the same creature that refuses to answer questions about why downtown Chicago which was once safe is now full of violence to the point where people now call the Mag mile the fear mile!
also the same creature who refuses to grant interviews to anyone who's not a 'person of color'

Old 05-10-2022, 08:39 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Uh, this is why we have the 2nd Amendment!!

I would love to hear anyone explain (another way), that intimidating Govt or agents of the govt, to discourage them from violating our rights, using firearms, can be done in a way that is socially acceptable today?

the intimidation comes from what the citizens COULD DO, if govt tries to violate our rights, its the basis for the 2nd Amendment, (so citizens can defend themselves from the govt), and firearms are needed to accomplish this. No way around it.

I will say, its very suspicious today, when 'exercising such an important right, is viewed as 'terroristic threatening'!! Hmm, what is that indicative of?
Whatever..... if Trump said it your tune would be entirely different.
You can't reason with the left, you have your playbook and you never deviate from it.
I'm logging off for a while.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
remember when leftists lost their minds over trump using the word 'fight'?

also the same creature who refuses to grant interviews to anyone who's not a 'person of color'
Exactly! She is a racist on top of being the worst mayor ever! Typical democrat

Old 05-10-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Democrat promoting violence that is an everyday thing now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies