Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 04:01 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dems bring it on themselves. They’ve been trying to get him for 5+ years and they continue to obsess over him. Easy enough to ignore because Trump posts if one wants to, but many obviously can’t let him go.
Screaming into the ether again. I hate the world Trump, his supporters, and his detractors have created. You think he's easy to ignore, but he's not. He's everywhere. No news program or social media website is immune. It's always Trump, Trump, TRRUUUUUUUUMMP! The Trump Twitter story is on CNN, it's on Fox, it's on NPR, and it's on OAN. It's all over Twitter, Facebook, C-D, and Reddit. I walk into a bookstore or a library, and books about Trump are displayed right inside the door. He is everywhere! He's inescapable!

Last edited by kj1065; 05-10-2022 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Since 2020 I just skip any articles with his name or picture attached.
How? How do you manage that? I can't even enter a public library without seeing a book about Trump on display with the rest of the latest non-fiction.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:19 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Screaming into the ether again. I hate the world Trump, his supporters, and his detractors have created. You think he's easy to ignore, but he's not. He's everywhere. No news program or social media website is immune. It's always Trump, Trump, TRRUUUUUUUUMMP! The Trump Twitter story is on CNN, it's on Fox, it's on NPR, and it's on OAN. It's all over Twitter, Facebook, C-D, and Reddit. I walk into a bookstore or a library, and books about Trump are displayed right inside the door. He is everywhere! He's inescapable!
Stay off social media and the news, or simply turn the channel when he’s on…the more Dems obsess over him the more he’ll be seen and talked about. They’re the ones with the ongoing and neverending goosechase.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Stay off social media and the news, or simply turn the channel when he’s on…the more Dems obsess over him the more he’ll be seen and talked about. They’re the ones with the ongoing and neverending goosechase.
So....become a hermit. I suppose that really is the best solution. The idea has a precedent...

[URL="https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/10/style/the-man-who-knew-too-little.html"]The Man Who Knew Too Little[/URL]

Quote:
GLOUSTER, Ohio — At first, the experiment didn’t have a name.

Right after the election, Erik Hagerman decided he’d take a break from reading about the hoopla of politics.

Donald Trump’s victory shook him. Badly. And so Mr. Hagerman developed his own eccentric experiment, one that was part silent protest, part coping mechanism, part extreme self-care plan.

He swore that he would avoid learning about anything that happened to America after Nov. 8, 2016.

“It was draconian and complete,” he said. “It’s not like I wanted to just steer away from Trump or shift the conversation. It was like I was a vampire and any photon of Trump would turn me to dust.”

Old 05-10-2022, 04:30 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Quote:
Well, if it makes you feel less alone, I'm having a really terrible day, too, Rowing Fiend. I've just gotten some awful news, but, hey, I'm sure Trump can come to the rescue...not. In any case, I just can't give a flying F what Trump has to say about anything right now. Not that it's your problem, but I don't have the bandwidth for Trump's bullsh!t whether it's through Twitter or second hand by an outraged media talking head, no matter which network. I'm just done with people being a$$holes. The world is a cruel place. Gas is expensive. People are racists. Loved ones are diagnosed with cancer and die way before their time. And some of us just need to scream into the ether!
sounds like a really messed up day and I hope you can find some peace soon. Hey, venting on the internet is a good way to burn off some steam!

Old 05-10-2022, 04:34 PM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Lefties destroyed the country to get rid of mean tweets and now Elon is bringing them back again. lol

Old 05-10-2022, 04:36 PM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Well, if it makes you feel less alone, I'm having a really terrible day, too, Rowing Fiend. I've just gotten some awful news, but, hey, I'm sure Trump can come to the rescue...not. In any case, I just can't give a flying F what Trump has to say about anything right now. Not that it's your problem, but I don't have the bandwidth for Trump's bullsh!t whether it's through Twitter or second hand by an outraged media talking head, no matter which network. I'm just done with people being a$$holes. The world is a cruel place. Gas is expensive. People are racists. Loved ones are diagnosed with cancer and die way before their time. And some of us just need to scream into the ether!
I recently lost a loved one and I understand how much it sucks. Hang in there man and I hope things get better for you.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:38 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I think it would be great if Trump came back to Twitter. Twitter was a direct way for Trump to float his ideas and feelings out to the masses and avoid the media that would put their own twist on his words and fill in the blanks with their own negative spin.

The only thing is though Trump really got himself into trouble on Twitter sometimes and the Left capitalized on it so that is a tough spot. Does he rejoin or does he stay away? If he does plan on running for office again I think he needs to join the platform but if not then why bother?

Old 05-10-2022, 04:39 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Nowhere is safe from Trump being a jacka$$ and everyone else trying to make a buck off of it. I'm exhausted by it. Aren't you?

He'll get back on Twitter and continue to make a fool of himself and play the victim. Did you read his Mothers Day message. Thats vindictiveness and revenge just waiting to happen.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:40 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Elon said Trump should have been suspended for a period of time, not banned for life.

So assuming he restores Trump's account, we will see how long it takes until Trump does something to get himself suspended. I wonder how often he will get himself suspended as time goes on. He does have a habit of shooting himself in the foot

Fun times ahead. Get out the popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies