Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 05:15 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times

Advertisements

Governor DeSantis has forced schools to dedicate a class session to anti-Communist propaganda every November 7th, which is now designated "Victim of Communism Day". Why is there not also a day to mourn the horrific deaths many have experienced in the name of profits??? Either DeSantis believes they died for a good cause, or don't fit the propaganda narrative he wants to push.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...communism-day/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 05:27 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Seems like both parties grasped the importance of this endeavor...

About Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation

The Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation (VOC) is an educational, research, and human rights nonprofit organization devoted to commemorating the more than 100 million victims of communism around the world and to pursuing the freedom of those still living under totalitarian regimes.

The Foundation was authorized in 1993 by a unanimous Act of Congress signed as Public Law 103-199 by President William J. Clinton on December 17, 1993. On June 12, 2007, President George W. Bush dedicated the Victims of Communism Memorial statue in Washington, D.C.

I guess to answer the OP - who are the victims of capitalism? You may want to establish that first.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:28 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
It's in every university in America. Any other questions?

Old 05-10-2022, 05:29 PM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
The instruction will begin in the 2023-2024 school year for students enrolled in a U.S. government course. The bill requires at least 45 minutes of teaching about communist victims on the recognition day.
Perhaps because people aren't trying to leave "capitalist" countries. Remember the Berlin Wall wasn't built to keep people from going into East Berlin.

This does make a lot more sense to discuss for 45 minutes something related to Government in a Government course than an entire year learning about how the White Man has kept the Blacks down in a math class, or that a boy can have periods and give birth to a child.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:33 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Governor DeSantis has forced schools to dedicate a class session to anti-Communist propaganda every November 7th, which is now designated "Victim of Communism Day". Why is there not also a day to mourn the horrific deaths many have experienced in the name of profits??? Either DeSantis believes they died for a good cause, or don't fit the propaganda narrative he wants to push.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...communism-day/
Speaking as someone whose almost entire family was killed by Communists there is a huge difference.

They were killed simply because of WHO they were and their BELIEFS.

That is all that matters to the left.

And over the past 100 years the killing has embraced virtually everybody, as the left values power over everything else.

They even killed each other in their quest for power.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:37 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
this isn't going well for the OP.

I guess they'll have to do their protesting on Labor Day.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Perhaps because people aren't trying to leave "capitalist" countries. Remember the Berlin Wall wasn't built to keep people from going into East Berlin.

This does make a lot more sense to discuss for 45 minutes something related to Government in a Government course than an entire year learning about how the White Man has kept the Blacks down in a math class, or that a boy can have periods and give birth to a child.
Marxist believe societies work the same way as physics except instead of energy it is materials. So, when a group of people for whatever purpose has more material wealth than a group of others, no matters the quantity, then there is an imbalance and the playing field must be leveled. It must be leveled at any and all cost because that material imbalance is what causes wars and ultimately why we even need history. If everyone has exactly the same things, except the overlords because they have access to all available resources, then there’s no need for history. There’s no need for wars and there’s no need to even have to talk about politics anymore.

All of human history has been solved.

Quote:
In order to influence or brainwash people, the following methods work best:
isolate them in new surroundings apart from old friends or reference-points,
provide them with instant acceptance from a seemingly loving group,
keep them away from competing or critical ideas,
provide an authority figure that everyone seems to acknowledge as having some special skill or awareness,
provide a philosophy that seems logical and appears to answer all or the most important questions in life,
structure all or most activities so that there is little time for privacy or independent action or thought,
provide a sense of "us" versus "them,"
promise instant or imminent solutions to deep or long-term problems, and
employ covert or disguised hypnotic techniques.
https://www.icsahome.com/articles/bu...istance-eichel

Hmm… a philosophy that looks to explain all the miseries of life. If these explanations are given by a particularly narcissistic person you end up with despotic dictators and admired cult leaders. Those personalities are numerous from Jim Jones to Charles Manson to Hitler’s to Mao. They all have one thing in common, a totalizing ideology that allows the takeover of whole societies by an “intellectual elite.”

And they carry out their campaigns in the name of liberation.

Quote:
18. All warfare is based on deception.
The Internet Classics Archive | The Art of War by Sun Tzu

The most important part is that information that is factual transferred from one generation to the next. Otherwise you end up with clown shows like North Korea.

All revolutions look to interrupt and/or alter that transfer of information.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:16 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Speaking as someone whose almost entire family was killed by Communists there is a huge difference.

They were killed simply because of WHO they were and their BELIEFS.

That is all that matters to the left.

And over the past 100 years the killing has embraced virtually everybody, as the left values power over everything else.

They even killed each other in their quest for power.
Whoa...

If you don't mind me asking - what country?

Old 05-10-2022, 06:24 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
LOL, I'm a victim of capitalism, it improved my standard of living and also makes people fat, tell me who am I supposed to hate??

Old 05-10-2022, 06:57 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
LOL, I'm a victim of capitalism, it improved my standard of living and also makes people fat, tell me who am I supposed to hate??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSryIJustCantDie View Post
Honey I'm home, nevermind why our bank account's suddenly grown
It's funny, we're so out of this debt from this money we owe
Woulda ya... mind if I told you I had two governments overthrown
To keep our son enrolled in a private school, and to keep ya tummy swollen
C'mon, our buckin’' home was built on the foundation of bloody throats
The hungry stolen of they souls, of course this country's runnin' coke
I took a stunted oath to hush the one's who know
But CIA conducts the flow of these young hustlers who lust for dough
Are you saying he's supposed to hate whoever came up with that horrifically bad poem? If so I would tend to agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies