Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2022, 09:47 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Go you think taxpayers should get a say as to whether people on Medicaid are treated for smoking related illnesses or not ?
No. Medicaid shouldn't exist.

But for as long as medicaid is being funded by taxpayer dollars, yes. You smoke, or fail to exercise (or maintain reasonable personal health), you get kicked off the program, barring some kind of total disability that precludes such efforts. Don't expect others to help you if you won't help yourself.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:49 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
I dont wish to take away from that but that isnt the point here. The child is equally the father's as it is the mother's.
The father contributes one sperm. The mother's body supplies the rest. Plus she endures the pregnancy and childbirth. Who invested more in the child?

Everytime I see a young couple saying "we" are pregnant, I cringe. There is no "we" in pregnancy.

If your woman agrees to go through pregnancy and childbirth for you, you can claim your contribution. But you should also be willing to acknowledge what she went through to "give you a child."

Old 05-17-2022, 09:51 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Funny, the abortion at will until the baby is halfway out of the birth canal crowd can't even articulate what a man or woman is.

Also, when does the unborn baby constitute a human? Is the mother not imposing HER will on others (the baby or babies) by aborting him/her/them?

And if the unborn baby is indeed NOT a human until the baby exits the womb, then we need to abolish fetal homicide laws. It's legally impossible to commit homicide against an organism that is not a human.

And good news for them, they'll be able to abort their babies until the baby turns 97 in New York or California.
Wrong.

Plenty of people who are pro choice aren’t Democrats and aren’t up for the birthing people/chest feeding/dancing around the definition of a woman nonsense.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Let's make all killings legal. How does this affect you if you are not the one being killed?

Isn't killing millions of babies on demand imposing their will on others? Funny, millions of women that are pro life and want to minimize the abortions, they also want women to submit to them? women on women right?
What, in your opinion, is the primary influence re women having the perspective of/that is the bolded ?

Old 05-17-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes we can. You are making up false arguments, because you don't have a real argument to pose.

A fertilized egg isn't a human being, I'll start there. An acorn isn't an oak tree.

Touché.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
False. You libs are the ones claiming that there is no distinction between a man and a woman.
Except plenty of people who are pro-choice aren’t libs, nor progressives, nor Democrats, nor leftists, nor Biden voters, nor Hillary voters, etc., and being pro choice in and of itself doesn’t make anyone any of those things.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:05 AM

2,612 posts, read 928,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The father contributes one sperm. The mother's body supplies the rest. Plus she endures the pregnancy and childbirth. Who invested more in the child?

Everytime I see a young couple saying "we" are pregnant, I cringe. There is no "we" in pregnancy.

If your woman agrees to go through pregnancy and childbirth for you, you can claim your contribution. But you should also be willing to acknowledge what she went through to "give you a child."
Okay but none of this changes the fact that the child is equally the mother and father's child.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A woman has a choice before engaging in sex.
But a woman who has been raped doesn’t, and your personal support of allowing women who have been raped to get abortions knocks the legs out from under the principle of your argument about the sanctity of the fetus continuing to exist.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I think that the "pro-life" people need to get their nose back where it belongs... in THEIR OWN BUSINESS. The woman is the one who should decide about her own body. The law states that she has the legal right to make such decisions, so what gives YOU the right to tell her and the law that they're wrong?

You have no more right to butt into the woman's decision than I have to tell some other family that they're having TOO MANY children! What if I went up to some pregnant woman who already had TEN children and told her I thought she had too many children and that it was bad for the environment, and that she should get her tubes tied. Would you support that?

The point is that it's not up to you or me to tell others what to do with their own body or how many lives they can create. And don't pretend that you really care about the kids because you and others like you clearly don't give a damn what happens to the kids after they're born. You're simply interested in imposing your beliefs on others.
Yep.

1000x this ^^^^^. (the whole post)

Last edited by RMESMH; 05-17-2022 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Added last three words

Old 05-17-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I'll mind my own damn business as soon as you leftards stay the hell out of my wallet.
Except being pro choice doesn’t make any not require being a leftist nor someone who is for any program or welfare/etc. that takes money out of your pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies