Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 10:01 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Would you please stop assuming that everyone in this country should think like you were taught to do in your religion.

We all do not think there is a "someone" in the pregnant woman's belly in the early weeks of pregnancy.
That is a lie. Maybe one you are telling to yourself as well. You know very well there is someone in there. You just believe that person hasnt yet earned the right to be protected under the law. That someone should still be able to make a decision to end that person because they dont wish to be a parent. But there is no way you dont beieve there is someone in there.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:05 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
That is a lie. Maybe one you are telling to yourself as well. You know very well there is someone in there. You just believe that person hasnt yet earned the right to be protected under the law. That someone should still be able to make a decision to end that person because they dont wish to be a parent. But there is no way you dont beieve there is someone in there.
Obviously you and I disagree on that. I look at when sentience occurs and when the baby is born and takes its first breath. You are free to think differently.

Either way, I do not think this issue should be decided based on religious beliefs.

BTW it is not a lie to believe differently than someone else. We are all giving our opinions here.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Obviously you and I disagree on that. I look at when sentience occurs and when the baby is born and takes its first breath. You are free to think differently.

Either way, I do not think this issue should be decided based on religious beliefs.

BTW it is not a lie to believe differently than someone else. We are all giving our opinions here.
No, you dont care about when "sentience" begins. That is a conjured up logic to justify abortion. Me and you do not disagree that there is someone in there, we both know that. I just believe that person deserves to be protected by law and you dont.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:41 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
No, you dont care about when "sentience" begins. That is a conjured up logic to justify abortion. Me and you do not disagree that there is someone in there, we both know that. I just believe that person deserves to be protected by law and you dont.
I told you what I believe. Please don't twist it around to fit your idea of how you think someone else should think on an issue.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:59 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
I don't believe a fertilized human egg is a "someone" or a person any more than I believe a fertilized chicken egg is a chicken, or a sprouted seedling is a tree.

Do you believe this is a person?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-19-2022, 11:06 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
It is absolutely inappopriate for him to refuse a vasectomy and tell you to get your tubes tied. Also, BC has side effects and my wife experienced them and I wasnt going to obligate her to take them. My sister in law had a blood clot from BC and it was a very serious health scare. I dont see the point in dicussing this stuff in an abortion conversation. The fact is that the baby is here and if you think that you cant just "end" it then who cares what decisions led up to it?

I guess it makes people feel better to attack other people's bad decisions. I am happy to discuss that but I think this it belongs in this discussion.
I agree with your first few sentences, but you confused me with what I bolded. What baby is here that you are talking about? And what is that whole sentence saying?

And yes, while my comments veered a bit away from the OP, they certainly address those who keep saying "Well the woman should just use BC or keep her legs closed." In the context of marriage that is utterly stupid advice. And if I, in that difficult spot in my marriage, had ended up pregnant due to husband's refusal to even consider having a vasectomy, I would have wanted the option to terminate that pregnancy. I most definitely did not want to be a late 40-something mother, when I already had 3 teenagers by that point.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I told you what I believe. Please don't twist it around to fit your idea of how you think someone else should think on an issue.
Nobody honestly believes that. People make a decision that they thing people should have the right to hit the cancel button after they find out the woman is pregnant. Then they try to come up with a logic for why it is ok.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I don't believe a fertilized human egg is a "someone" or a person any more than I believe a fertilized chicken egg is a chicken, or a sprouted seedling is a tree.

Do you believe this is a person?

[IMG][/IMG]
Oh my god! Such a cute baby! I want to pinch its little cheeks! Btw, is that a lobster baby?

Old 05-19-2022, 11:26 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
would banning murder increase poverty? What a sick way to deal with economics.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I agree with your first few sentences, but you confused me with what I bolded. What baby is here that you are talking about? And what is that whole sentence saying?

And yes, while my comments veered a bit away from the OP, they certainly address those who keep saying "Well the woman should just use BC or keep her legs closed." In the context of marriage that is utterly stupid advice. And if I, in that difficult spot in my marriage, had ended up pregnant due to husband's refusal to even consider having a vasectomy, I would have wanted the option to terminate that pregnancy. I most definitely did not want to be a late 40-something mother, when I already had 3 teenagers by that point.
The "baby" I am referring to is that clump of cells in that woman's womb that will continue to grow unless someone intervenes and ends its growth.

Kay, I am not blaming you for straying. I just wanted to address that the matter of what happened prior to conception isnt imporant in this dicussion. I feel like the other person wants to speak negatively about these women and attack their life choices and somehow that makes him feel better about himself. "Oh that is an irresponsible ****, her preferences dont matter." But this discussion is about what happens next, not what happened before.

Today, are you happy that you didnt abort the child or are you now happy that he/she is alive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies