Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2022, 04:12 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I personally would think of it as a parasite I'd want to get rid of as soon as possible.

I've had my tubes tied for over 40 years now and I haven't once regretted having any of those kids I could have had. I sincerely doubt I'd ever regret an abortion if I'd had one either.

You can accept that or die mad.

As I've pointed out many times, if women abstained from sex and kept their legs crossed as often as men like you demand they do, men would be jumping off bridges in frustration of having no sex.

My opinion has always been that men should just keep their zippers up. If all men did that, that would solve the abortion problem in no time. Funny, no man has ever, ever suggested that. Which means, they still want their sex but they just don't want to be responsible for the consequences. Can we call hypocrite?

Darlin, it wasn't the Democrats who voted against providing aid because of the shortage of baby formula. I mean, isn't all this abortion debate supposed to be for the benefit of the babies? Oh, yeah, I forgot. Once they're born, Republicans want them all dead. I guess this sort of thing is THEIR version of after-birth abortion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-baby-formula/
Reading comprehension much? What I said is that if a woman doesn't want to use birth control and/or insists that their partner does also then if she is afraid of getting pregnant she should abstain! You do know the difference, don't you? I never suggested that women just shouldn't have sex as a first option.

Are women forcing men to open their zippers? Are men forcing woman to open their legs unless it's rape? If a man doesn't want to be responsible then why have sex with them? There is no hypocricy here. Seems it is you that doesn't want to be responsible by choosing a partner wisely and using birth control.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:01 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I personally would think of it as a parasite I'd want to get rid of as soon as possible.

I've had my tubes tied for over 40 years now and I haven't once regretted having any of those kids I could have had. I sincerely doubt I'd ever regret an abortion if I'd had one either.

You can accept that or die mad.
Its cute that you think that your statement would make me mad. I know that you wouldnt think of it as a parasite. That is what you wish to think in order for you to be ok with the action that you wish to take. You would really think of it as a child that you dont wish to raise.

You think that I would be bothered that you had your tubes tied and dont regret not having kids during that period? I am happy that you did that and that you are satisfied with your choices.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:06 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Women have abortions for too many reasons to list. Our species has done well with only women deciding when to bear a child and with whom to bear a child with. IMO its no different than the state castrating certain males and forcing them to be Eunuchs' or a castrato. Its primitive or Medieval for the state to intervein in the reproductive system of its citizens.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:11 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Women have abortions for too many reasons to list.
Not really. Women have abortions when they’re not ready to have kids nor can afford it. It’s not rocket science.

Quote:
In both 1987 and 2004, unreadiness for a child or another child and inability to afford a baby were each mentioned by about one-quarter of women as their most important reason for having an abortion
Quote:
Among the structured survey respondents, the two most common reasons were "having a baby would dramatically change my life" and "I can't afford a baby now"
https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...e-perspectives

Quote:
Seventy-two percent had never been married, and 59% had had at least one child. Some 60% were below 200% of the federal poverty line, including 30% who were living in poverty

Old 05-22-2022, 12:38 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not really. Women have abortions when they’re not ready to have kids nor can afford it. It’s not rocket science.

There are still many reasons for "not being ready" or 'not being able to afford a child." Probably just as many reasons a man can give for not wanting the state to force him to become an eunuch.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:09 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Will banning abortion increase poverty? Here is your answer according to a five year study.

https://www.keranews.org/health-well...ing-denied-one

Old 05-25-2022, 02:58 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Reading comprehension much? What I said is that if a woman doesn't want to use birth control and/or insists that their partner does also then if she is afraid of getting pregnant she should abstain! You do know the difference, don't you? I never suggested that women just shouldn't have sex as a first option.

Are women forcing men to open their zippers? Are men forcing woman to open their legs unless it's rape? If a man doesn't want to be responsible then why have sex with them? There is no hypocricy here. Seems it is you that doesn't want to be responsible by choosing a partner wisely and using birth control.
I was responsible enough to get my tubes tied and I'm also smart enough to know that all birth control has a failure rate. And that many times in many relationships, if a woman asks a man to wear a condom, he will beat her up and especially if a woman is in an abusive relationship, the man will control her any way he can, including sabotaging her birth control, if he even lets her use it. I've even heard of in-laws sabotaging birth control because they wanted grandkids. Maybe you need to get some more experience in the real world.

My point was, though, why is it always the woman who has to abstain from sex? Why do I never see a man say something like "if a woman doesn't use birth control and/or insists that their partner does also then if he is afraid of getting (her) pregnant he should abstain!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Its cute that you think that your statement would make me mad. I know that you wouldnt think of it as a parasite. That is what you wish to think in order for you to be ok with the action that you wish to take. You would really think of it as a child that you dont wish to raise.

You think that I would be bothered that you had your tubes tied and dont regret not having kids during that period? I am happy that you did that and that you are satisfied with your choices.
You're trying to tell me, a stranger on the internet, how I would feel about being pregnant? *snort* Let me correct you about how I would really feel about it. Again, a parasite that needs to be aborted. Not a baby, not a child, not even a cutsey lil ole fetus. But something I would hate to have inside me, hate to carry for 9 months, hate to go through labor for, and absolutely hate to raise, not don't wish to raise, HATE to raise.

I am not maternal. Babies crying make my hackles raise, small noisy children make me want to break out the plastic bags for them to play with. You can "know" anything you want about me, but that doesn't make you right in any way, shape, or form.

You are aware that during the Bosnian war, women who were raped and gave birth to their rapists' children hung many of those newborn babies, right? Being pregnant and having a child doesn't always turn a woman into a mother who wants a baby.

Old 05-25-2022, 03:24 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
That is a lie. Maybe one you are telling to yourself as well. You know very well there is someone in there. You just believe that person hasnt yet earned the right to be protected under the law. That someone should still be able to make a decision to end that person because they dont wish to be a parent. But there is no way you dont beieve there is someone in there.
Again, a fetus IS protected by law. People are convicted of and sent to prison for committing fetal homicide. It's an unconstitutional fluke that women but no one else are allowed to kill their child in utero. Either anyone can kill a child in utero, or no one can. The Constitution's Equal Protection Clause prohibits the creation of special carve-out classes of those allowed legally to do what others cannot.

Old 05-25-2022, 03:50 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Yes, Banning abortion will increase poverty...and all of the problems that are related to that.
Clearly, some of you are unaware of exactly which income group has the highest abortion rate, BY FAR...

Abortion Rates by Income Level

Poverty Level: 8.6%
100%-200%: 7.8%
200%-300%: 16.2%
300%-400%: 8.0%
Over 400%: 31.9%

There's a HUGE statistical outlier there.

Figure 4, here: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content..._pregnancy.pdf

Poor women get extra public assistance benefits for each child they have, so it's actually a financial plus for them.

Keep in mind that women in the highest income level group are the LEAST likely to have a lack of access to birth control.

Old 05-26-2022, 12:42 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, a fetus IS protected by law. People are convicted of and sent to prison for committing fetal homicide. It's an unconstitutional fluke that women but no one else are allowed to kill their child in utero. Either anyone can kill a child in utero, or no one can. The Constitution's Equal Protection Clause prohibits the creation of special carve-out classes of those allowed legally to do what others cannot.
Then, InformedConsent, since you regard all abortion as murder of a human being, wouldn't you quite passionately support passing a law that requires all women who get abortions to go to prison for the remainder of their child bearing years? So, a woman who gets an abortion at age 20 would have to go to prison for 30 years. After all, that way you get revenge against those women who get abortions, while at the same you get assurance that never again will they get another abortion ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies