Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 05:35 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,634,356 times

Advertisements

Unintended pregnancy? Hello papa who didn't use BC either. YOU get to raise your child. Inconvenienced? Too bad. You choose the behavior, you choose the consequences.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:37 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The dynamic she suggests is acid dry, not a whit of care or concern for the devastating effects of aborting a child. Rather than changing the paradigm to caring for children and valuing them in our midst the call to arms this administration heralds is it's better to kill the child and go back to work. If gov't would reorient itself to supporting those woman and those children by having a centralized adoption agency in the united states who WANTS those children....but oh well. that's just to much work. easier to shave the uterus and get that lady back to work! we need her taxes!!... and we wonder why kids kill kids.

It's a no brainer. As long as our nation is focused on the efficient production of tax paying adults children will be the lower of the priorities.
Kids and others kill quite easily because they can clearly see that our society has significantly devalued human life. Case in point: abortion. Just go ahead and kill another human if they're an inconvenience to you. Their life doesn't matter.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Unintended pregnancy? Hello papa who didn't use BC either. YOU get to raise your child. Inconvenienced? Too bad. You choose the behavior, you choose the consequences.
How long have you been unaware that one's own actions do indeed have consequences? That's exactly why many fathers are ordered by family courts to pay child support.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How long have you been unaware that one's own actions do indeed have consequences? That's exactly why many fathers are ordered by family courts to pay child support.
Raising a child is much harder, and much more involved than writing a check each month. It's usually assumed it's up to the female to be a single parent and raise the baby, often on her own. However, there's no reason the baby's daddy can't raise a child he conceived. It's hard work, inconvenient, but it would benefit the child. Parity for the win.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Raising a child is much harder, and much more involved than writing a check each month. It's usually assumed it's up to the female to be a single parent and raise the baby, often on her own. However, there's no reason the baby's daddy can't raise a child he conceived. It's hard work, inconvenient, but it would benefit the child. Parity for the win.
Are you unaware that there are many fathers who sue for and win custody of their children? You seem to be very naïve. How is it that you don't know that everyday, in a myriad of ways, people live with the consequences of their own actions, or that either the mother OR the father can have custody of a child?

Old 05-28-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Are you unaware that there are many fathers who sue for and win custody of their children? You seem to be very naïve. How is it that you don't know that everyday, in a myriad of ways, people live with the consequences of their own actions, or that either the mother OR the father can have custody of a child?
Are you aware that many fathers do not have a relationship with the mother, do not see their child/ren, and don't care? You seem to be very naïve to not realize it's a much higher number of females who are raising children alone and without assistance (other than I guess welfare).

How is it that you don't know there are millions of women who are raising children without help? Women are negatively impacted, often drop out of school, often can't work. Daddy should be required to raise and nurture their child, 50+%.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Are you aware that many fathers do not have a relationship with the mother, do not see their child/ren, and don't care? You seem to be very naïve to not realize it's a much higher number of females who are raising children alone and without assistance (other than I guess welfare).

How is it that you don't know there are millions of women who are raising children without help? Women are negatively impacted, often drop out of school, often can't work. Daddy should be required to raise and nurture their child, 50+%.
It's not an either or thing. That's what you don't seem to grasp. Just like with many other things, people live with the consequences of their own actions.

According to the ABC/WaPo poll, our country is split about 50/50 on whether to keep convenience abortions legal. There is a significant percentage of the population that doesn't think that one's own inconvenience is a valid reason to kill a human life.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:36 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,149,766 times
Quote:
Why not help her raise the child? That would have been your grandchild. Are you really that callous that you'd support killing your own flesh and blood?

Sadly, that says a lot about our society's lack of humanity.
I would have if that were her wish, but had this situation had occurred* I would also have supported her in a decision to abort in the first trimester of pregnancy.

I realize that this is the internet where usernames impair our ability to view others as actual people and thus to impugn our humanity as you have done above. I am not inhumane or callous, far from it, but I do believe that early abortion should be available without restriction.

Back on topic...Janet Yellen is an economist whose job it is to assess trends that affect the United States economy. She is not wrong in her assessment of what is facing our country if/when RvW is overturned.

*Note that it did not because as I pointed out earlier, from a young age I encouraged my son and daughter to be excruciatingly responsible in their sexuality, and they were.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I would have if that were her wish, but had this situation had occurred* I would also have supported her in a decision to abort in the first trimester of pregnancy.
So killing for convenience is your "go to" move.

You want to know how and why human life has been SO devalued in our society that inner-city shootings kill so many every weekend and school shootings happen?

When society no longer values human life (abortion is the culture of deliberately putting others to death, 900,000 human deaths per year in the US), this is the inevitable and unavoidable result. Human life has little to no value anymore.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:27 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,149,766 times
Quote:
So killing for convenience is your "go to" move.

You want to know how and why human life has been SO devalued in our society that inner-city shootings kill so many every weekend and school shootings happen?

When society no longer values human life (abortion is the culture of deliberately putting others to death, 900,000 human deaths per year in the US), this is the inevitable and unavoidable result. Human life has little to no value anymore.

Highly emotional and manipulative language noted. I do not agree that unimpeded access to first trimester abortion devalues life or leads to school and other mass shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies