Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever visited Qanon
Yes - Conservative or libertarian 6 7.89%
No - Conservative or libertarian 44 57.89%
Yes - Liberal 0 0%
No - Liberal 9 11.84%
Yes - Moderate 1 1.32%
No - Moderate 16 21.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 06:48 PM

26,136 posts, read 14,767,116 times

Advertisements

On Sunday I heard a leftist talking about how Qanon was destroying society and then I heard it again today from a different leftist, turned on FoxBusiness and just heard Democrat Juan Williams bring up how bad Qanon is.

I can swear on my grandmother's grave I've never met a single Republican/Conservative/Libertarian that has ever told me "hey, I just saw this on Qanon!" I've never even been to the website.

100% of the time I hear people bring up Qanon it is liberals (this includes the MSM) acting like it is some big powerful or highly influential movement. Or the occasional conservative media asking why the left keeps talking about it.

I'd bet at least half the people who visit the website are leftists seeing what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 07:29 PM

29,628 posts, read 24,642,255 times
I'm not even sure how you find this "Quanon" thing. Is it a website? Is it a blog? Is it that "ultra MAGA" stuff Biden keeps rambling incoherently about? What the heck is it???

Old 05-10-2022, 07:31 PM

5,419 posts, read 6,051,820 times
I don't know from where it emanates but the only place I have seen QAnon celebrated is at Trump rallies via placards, T-shirts, etc.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:36 PM

4,197 posts, read 1,582,891 times
it is rightwing all the way, hook line and sinker....i have friends who are maniacal trump supporters with pictures of them wearing Q anon shirts and quotes and all, but they will deny they are supporters because of the bad press

thing is i read many conspiracy books 30 or more years ago, and can even tell just by the use of language and terminology

many hardcore rightys use same language on this forum

could be on 4chan or one of those type weird websites when it started anyways

i just corresponded with one todqay he uses bitchute and rumble for news, he ask me where i got news, i told haven't watched TV in maybe 20 years and have the entire internet, always check authorship for bias and same with sources for everything

as i said i read conspiracy material decades ago, these people are american citizens searching for truths, i pray and hope they come around to their logical senses, no ill feelings

Last edited by elvis44102; 05-10-2022 at 07:54 PM..

Old 05-10-2022, 08:23 PM

5,295 posts, read 2,084,472 times
Oh, it's not just on one site. It started on 4chan. I think some is on Great Awakening. I've seen it on Twitter and Facebook. It usually isn't openly labeled QAnon, but you can spot it if you know what some of the theories are.

It's also been on this forum. One poster used to specifically post up YouTube videos and tell people to check out QAnon. Others didn't use the name but posted QAnon beliefs.

I had a conservative Facebook friend who used to post up all sorts of this nonsense, and I saw others sharing things I knew was linked to it.

As of last month, though, I can officially say I know someone who believes it. My conservative mom came back and was telling me about how my conservative aunt was talking about lots of creepy stuff about Hillary Clinton eating babies and all sorts of that crud they espouse, and Mom asked me if it was true. I told her no, definitely not. Doesn't mean Hillary is magical or anything, but that junk isn't true. Sigh.

So yeah, QAnon is still going out there and no, it's not a liberal invention.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:26 PM

2,612 posts, read 907,924 times
I didnt know there was a website nor have I considered that they have any significant influence (nor do I even believe there is an organization called Qanon with regular members).

Old 05-10-2022, 08:35 PM

26,136 posts, read 14,767,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Strawman argument.

I am not saying it is a liberal invention - I recognize that something "Qanon" exists. I am saying that the left (includes the MSM) uses to turn it into a boogeyman far bigger and far more powerful than it actually is - this manufactures up fear and outrage - in order to rile up the left's base and make people afraid of the right/libertarians.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Oh, it's not just on one site. It started on 4chan. I think some is on Great Awakening. I've seen it on Twitter and Facebook. It usually isn't openly labeled QAnon, but you can spot it if you know what some of the theories are.

It's also been on this forum. One poster used to specifically post up YouTube videos and tell people to check out QAnon. Others didn't use the name but posted QAnon beliefs.

I had a conservative Facebook friend who used to post up all sorts of this nonsense, and I saw others sharing things I knew was linked to it.

As of last month, though, I can officially say I know someone who believes it. My conservative mom came back and was telling me about how my conservative aunt was talking about lots of creepy stuff about Hillary Clinton eating babies and all sorts of that crud they espouse, and Mom asked me if it was true. I told her no, definitely not. Doesn't mean Hillary is magical or anything, but that junk isn't true. Sigh.

yes the lingo gives it away and the terminology anyone using the term fascists for the democrats is using conspiracy based source material for instance

Old 05-10-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Strawman argument.

I am not saying it is a liberal invention - I recognize that something "Qanon" exists. I am saying that the left (includes the MSM) uses to turn it into a boogeyman that manufactures up fear and outrage.

you are incorrect IMO and there are many rightwing sites that derive their material from conspiracy site, again the language gives it away

Old 05-10-2022, 09:45 PM

30,413 posts, read 21,638,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
you are incorrect IMO and there are many rightwing sites that derive their material from conspiracy site, again the language gives it away
Did you not vote? You have obviously visited those sites since you know so much about them?

See, you know more about it than the average Republican or Libertarian. Kind of confirms their point. Dems probably visit those sites more than anyone. They probably make money every time you visit them. Smart guys, those Qnots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies