Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 06:06 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,192,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Lightfoot is arguably the worst mayor in the United States so I'm never surprised to hear more nonsense. She looks like a creature from The Walking Dead, which would in part explain the ghoulish brain-rot.
Do not insult the walking dead by comparing them to lori lighthead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 06:11 AM

25,975 posts, read 12,977,807 times
There are worse things than liberal thugs killing other liberal thugs in a liberal city with a liberal Mayor.

So long as its contained w/in those confines, I'm not losing sleep over it. Less prisoners to pay for filling up our jails.

Old 05-12-2022, 07:33 AM

20,366 posts, read 19,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Nah, violence is the culture of America. The country was founded on violence.
Pretty much all of world history is founded on violence.

Old 05-12-2022, 07:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,661,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
That reminds me of a monologue then actor Fred Williamson said at the opening of the movie "Vigilante"(1983).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kedfU67APGs
Yes, but if you recall that movie, most of the citizens supported the vigilante, they were cheering him on.

It was just a movie but there is some truth in it, citizens KNEW that the police were not going to lift a finger to protect them, so a citizen decided to take it upon himself.

Seems like today though, many people are AGAINST the vigilante?

Old 05-12-2022, 07:41 AM

And already another child killed and more chaos downtown with huge crowds destroying cars and going after people. Summer has not even begun yet! And the cops in Chicago were already told no days off as memorial weekend is coming and we know what that means in this city!!!

Old 05-12-2022, 07:43 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,082,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
All I know is I remember how proud this city was about voting in a Black lesbian mayor. That is all that mattered

What many don't remember is, there were once black, middle-class neighborhoods.
Cottage Grove was one.
What the city needs is another Harold Washington, I don't care what color he or she is.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:43 AM

29,588 posts, read 19,698,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Lightfoot is arguably the worst mayor in the United States so I'm never surprised to hear more nonsense. She looks like a creature from The Walking Dead, which would in part explain the ghoulish brain-rot.
She is at least the worst mayor Chicago has had since Big Bill Thompson back in the 1920s who was in Capone's pockets. Lightfoot is a complete sh%t show. I can't think of one positive thing to say about her. I don't even go bar hopping and clubbing downtown anymore because you can't conceal carry from your car to the bar or club. Too many hoodrats running around. I feel sort of sorry for those yuppie liberal types who screamed defund the police 2 years ago and pay +3500 a month in rent or +12000 a year in property taxes for a 1200sq ft condo downtown and are now afraid to go outside. (Sarcasm)

Old 05-12-2022, 10:03 AM

31,146 posts, read 22,180,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
What many don't remember is, there were once black, middle-class neighborhoods.
Cottage Grove was one.
What the city needs is another Harold Washington, I don't care what color he or she is.
Well, there are more black millionaires in the US than the entire world combined, so not all is doom and gloom. I'm sure there are still black middleclass areas but I'm sure many choose to live in non-black majority neighborhoods.

Old 05-12-2022, 01:24 PM

As someone else posted

"The former police chief, Garry McCarthy, who was part of NYC's huge turnaround in crime under Guliani, stated that he wanted to implement much more "aggressive policing" policies, but he was not allowed to under Rahm. He said that, in combination with the DA not being tough on crime was the reason for Chicago's problems.

Even this current police chief has mentioned there are things they've wanted to do, but have had their hands tied because of the mayor. So I think the mayor and the DA both play a big role in being "tough on crime." The police chief does too, but only if allowed to by the mayor."

Typical ways of the democrats

Old 05-12-2022, 01:31 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,711,245 times
Thank goodness Jacksonville has a Republican mayor. There is no violent crime there whatsoever! https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...-jacksonville/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies