Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 07:44 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Getting worse all the time. What a spectacle we are as a nation right now. The rest of the world must be laughing themselves silly. It's embarrassing. We're truly an Idiocracy at this point. The only difference is that there isn't just two people left with brains larger than peas--there is a whole bunch... who unfortunately have to watch in disgust as our nation crumbles and IQs plummet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 07:47 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
I never know any of the Press secretaries before they get the position. Didn't know any of the Clintons, Obama, Trump, or Biden's press secretaries, I thought this was fairly normal.

I don't even remember who Trump's last press secretary was, never saw the person.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:40 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I never know any of the Press secretaries before they get the position. Didn't know any of the Clintons, Obama, Trump, or Biden's press secretaries, I thought this was fairly normal.

I don't even remember who Trump's last press secretary was, never saw the person.
Are you sure cause she resembled a sloth. In fact she made the news when people were bothering her while she was out dining in a restaurant.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:42 AM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Jean Pierre has some big shoes to fill following Jen Psaki. Psaki was able to control that room and smack down Peter Doocy while advancing the talking points, explaining what Biden actually meant to say and keeping us up to speed with the latest Lefty schemes.

Psaki or Jen PSnarky as I called her, was an expert liar that could drop a big heap of you know what on us with a smile. Yep Jean Pierre has some mighty big pumps to fill and so far I do not think she is up to it but she did check 3 boxes on the Democrat identity politics list and they have good feelings about her so that is all she really needs.

To criticize her would risk being labelled a racist, misogynist and homophobic.
Potato Chip was replaced with Buffalo Chip.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:46 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
She's Black and gay. That's the only thing that matters these days...skin color and sexual preference.
and just on that, she will get praises, defended and even given awards.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:52 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
It is quite appropriate to have an incompetent press secretary representing an incompetent president.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:59 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Her first conference was hilarious.

She had to read from cue cards (what the heck- so does Biden), but she mixed up the responses to the appropriate questions. That was pretty funny.

I think simply the fact that she is a black woman shows the insanity of the left and that checking the "right" boxes for race and gender is more important than competence.

Since the admin is incompetent, she fits in perfectly and should be good for a few laughs. That's all Biden is good for.
No, a black, gay, immigrant woman. She hit all the intersectionality check boxes. The competence box-not so much. But this is the Biden administration, that doesn't matter. And if you dare question that, you're a racist homophobe.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:07 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
For a non-cabinet member of the administration, the Press Secretary sure does garner a lot of polemic attention. I suppose in that sense she is doing her job in drawing attention away from where the actual decisions are made.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:28 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
For a non-cabinet member of the administration, the Press Secretary sure does garner a lot of polemic attention. I suppose in that sense she is doing her job in drawing attention away from where the actual decisions are made.
Well, the fact is that is his/her/it's/they/their job. They are the lightning rod that is supposed to take the hits of the Administration.

Psaki was very good at her job. Jean-Pierre is very good at making sure the right boxes are checked, she doesn't need to be good at her job. As any criticism would just be put into the *ism or *ist bucket.

You have to wonder when she moves on, because let's be honest she won't last until the end of this administration(if they make it to 2024 LOL). What boxes are they going to check for the next one?

Old 05-18-2022, 10:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 6,999,249 times
She's not American, she's black, she's a lesbian so she's a perfect diversity hire. Just like most they are not good at their jobs, and taking away jobs for qualified people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies