Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2022, 05:37 PM

7,333 posts, read 3,514,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Demand for fossil fuels surged in the last two years after the drop off in 2020.
Profits for fossil fuels have been significant in the last two years.

OPEC setting global prices to make up for losses in 2020 is the biggest problem for us right now.

Biden can be accused of not addressing the immigration problem, wanting to spend too much money....but the whole myth of killing the fossil fuel industry is very misleading.
No it is not Biden, it is 100% the Democrat party platform to kill fossil fuels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 05:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Geebus, ten years from now you people will still scare monger the nation over Jan 6th.

Republicans were never violent before or after Jan 6th, so how the hell was Trump supposed to anticipate that their would be an angry violent mob on Jan 6th? Answer - he didn't. He told his followers to march peacefully and let their voices be heard.

But still, after 600+ violent and destructive riots, looting and arson by the BLM and antifa crowd, which Joe Biden and the emocrat's supported, and do you equate those riots to Jan 6th? Nope, you scare monger over Jan 6th Ir was one freaking fluke of a day, and never repeated before or since. :smack
I think so much bad $h1t is going to happen that ten yrs from now people will be embarrassed to have gone full-on Nancy boy over Jan 6th. Remember the scene in Road Warrior where the Gyro Captain is chained to a log, limping through the wasteland and musing to himself about the pre-apocalypse days - "Do you remember lingerie?" That'll be us but we'll be chuckling about the hijinks of Jan 6th. "Do you remember Qanon Shaman and the churro vendor? Good times."

Old 05-18-2022, 05:42 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
No. I did not vote for Biden. I voted 3rd party because I didn't care for either, but didn't realize just how bad Biden would be.
If I had to do it over again, knowing what I know now, I would have held my nose and voted for Trump.
Can we stay friends?
Under one condition....you promise to get involved with your local GOP and help change Congress. The 2023 election is coming up and we need all the help we can get.

Your Country is 'Won and Directed by Local Officials' (not national politics). National Politics is a reflection of Local Politics. AND YES you can make a difference (and its a lot of fun too).

1 or 2 meetings a month, get involved with Campaigns and fund raising. Get signs put up on the Street. Meet local Politicians (good and bad ones). Get to know the issues affecting your local County and government. IF YOU ARE LOCATED in a Democrat Run County, you'll be needed even more~

Plus, you'll find out who your true friends are....when they find out you're voting for America And not some Globalist who wants to turn us into 'The Next China' ~!

Old 05-18-2022, 05:49 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Under one condition....you promise to get involved with your local GOP and help change Congress. The 2023 election is coming up and we need all the help we can get.

Your Country is 'Won and Directed by Local Officials' (not national politics). National Politics is a reflection of Local Politics. AND YES you can make a difference (and its a lot of fun too).

1 or 2 meetings a month, get involved with Campaigns and fund raising. Get signs put up on the Street. Meet local Politicians (good and bad ones). Get to know the issues affecting your local County and government. IF YOU ARE LOCATED in a Democrat Run County, you'll be needed even more~

Plus, you'll find out who your true friends are....when they find out you're voting for America And not some Globalist who wants to turn us into 'The Next China' ~!

All we really need is a citizen’s police force officer stationed at every mail in ballot drop box nationwide, video taping and checking ID’s, and making sure that these criminal mules aren’t allowed to stuff those boxes like they did in 2020.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:56 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
[b]

No, it is not an accident.
It is the oil and gas companies manipulating prices and profits and for political purposes.
The only time gas has been this high is with Obama or Biden at the helm. Oil companies have been around the whole time.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:08 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
No, it is not an accident.
It is the oil and gas companies manipulating prices and profits and for political purposes.
Curious how those same oil companies were not "manipulating prices and profits" during the Trump administration. That's what's wrong with these narratives, if, as Joe Biden claims, the greedy rich are manipulating prices now, why weren't they do the same damn thing under Trump? Did they forget all about greed and manipulation during those four years?? Or are they just doing it now to make Joe look bad?

Old 05-18-2022, 06:14 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
We all learn by our mistakes.

Next thing I would suggest cutting the chord ( carries all the mind bending hard left channels ).
Go strictly Smart T.V. Internet.
Search out your information rather than have it spoon fed daily.
The days of being brainwashed are over...................

P.S. you'll save a whole lot of money per month as well......

Best wishes.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:23 PM

1,423 posts, read 663,047 times
Trump scared me . Such a big ego and he talked to
much. I cut him some slack though as the media would not let up on him.They outright lied about things he said. If he’s so bad why do you need to make **** up?
I also think he got screwed right from the start with the Russia scam from the lefty’s. It’s no wonder he was defensive right away. Even the righty’s hated him because he wasn’t one of them. That was one of the best things about him.
He could have been even better for America I think if not having to fight from every side all the time.
I believed he loved America. I don’t believe Joe does. I think he loves destroying it.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:23 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
I didn't vote for Trump nor would I ever. I certainly would vote for DeSantis otherwise back to the Libertarian party I go.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:28 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I refused to vote for Trump because I never thought Biden could possibly be this bad.

I thought all those negative ads against Biden were just politics and the reality would be better than it is.

I was wrong. I admit it. I apologize for not taking a strong enough stance against the hard left.

My bad and I promise to pay better attention to the facts and make better voting decisions going forward.

I am so sure that there are so many other people who fell the same way

Let's flex our muscles in November and in 2024!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies