Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 05:26 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'll take it through Venmo. I drive for a living. Stephen owes me a lot of reparations.
You will only get it if you spell my name right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 07:29 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yes, Trump's biggest enemy was his own big mouth. If he had just not been so rude and obnoxious, then his critics would have found little to legitimately criticize him for.
I don't understand why the POTUS has to be a "nice" guy. I'd rather my leader be a little brash and rude because the world out there is brash, rude and harsh. Would you prefer to have a rude/obnoxious doctor who is excellent and properly diagnoses you, or a "nice guy" who just tells you what you want to hear even if it's not in your best interest?

Old 05-19-2022, 08:01 PM

1,859 posts, read 836,168 times
i just wanted him to shut up, he start talking about stuff that didnt have anything to do with government or the president. that one thing about obama and Bill, they kept it civil

Old 05-19-2022, 08:26 PM

30,611 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
i just wanted him to shut up, he start talking about stuff that didnt have anything to do with government or the president. that one thing about obama and Bill, they kept it civil
That’s BS. Obama is on record telling his supporters to get in the faces of their political opponents. He regularly attacked republican politicians and very disgracefully attacked Supreme Court justices to their faces during the state of the union, among many other instances.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:39 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I don't understand why the POTUS has to be a "nice" guy. I'd rather my leader be a little brash and rude because the world out there is brash, rude and harsh. Would you prefer to have a rude/obnoxious doctor who is excellent and properly diagnoses you, or a "nice guy" who just tells you what you want to hear even if it's not in your best interest?

Trump plays everybody. He tells you what you want to hear, you foolishly give him money. Rinse and repeat. He's still at it. Not too mention scams and fake charities long the way.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:41 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I had been a lifelong Democrat up until during Obama's first term. After I saw the bad and divisive turn Obama made, I went to 3rd party voting. When Hillary ran, there was no way I could vote for her knowing what she is all about, so I again voted 3rd party because I did not consider Trump a serious candidate. I thought it was all just for show anyhow.

Once Trump started governing, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised with the actual policies. Most I agreed with. However his toxic personality defect started to wear on me. The media's nonstop bashing also eventually wore me down and rather than voting for him, I simply voted 3rd party again. I just figured he got done what needed to be done and got the SCOTUS squared away with justices who would actually follow the constitution, so it would not be a big deal for someone else to take over and just stay the course.

MAN WAS I EVER WRONG! Had I realized how much the far far far left would control the Biden administration, I would not have wasted my vote on a 3rd party candidate. I would have voted for the orange guy, defective personality and all.
What was that one move of Obama's that caused you decide to vote for a third party. What policies of theirs made you vote for them.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:47 PM

2,953 posts, read 991,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
These mea culpa style threads always strike me as pretentious
Apologizing to strangers on the internet is just so not done. Cluelessly trying to curry favor with people who are most likely trolls and would enjoy victimizing you if presented the opportunity. Like watching a lamb apologize to wolves for having voted pro-sheepdog all their life.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:52 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Thank you. The very last thing we ever needed or wanted was a President who is nice to Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff. And Trump IS nice to those who haven't demonstrated their unworthiness of any respect.

I am so utterly fed up and out of patience with the viewpoint to which you're responding that the next time I see a post like that, likely from a bot, here is the likely result.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI3NoBeNwfk

Old 05-19-2022, 08:56 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
The fact that Biden would be the worst president of all time, wasn’t so obvious for the left. Who only voted for Biden based off name recognition.

For the right, it was clear as day.

The saddest part for the left is he has nothing to lose, and he still can’t deliver anything for the left.

Old 05-19-2022, 09:32 PM

1,414 posts, read 722,309 times
It's absolutely astonishing how someone with nearly 50 years of experience in politics can be such a disaster compared to someone that had practically no experience at all before becoming President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies