Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 11:50 AM

8,940 posts, read 2,962,691 times

Advertisements

Remember in 2020 when the "Summer of Love" was going on?

If I had a nickel for every time a leftist called someone a "bootlicker" I'd be a billionaire right now.

Submitting to police and laws was for "bootlickers."

But now they want those same police and the government to DISARM THEM?!

What happened to the "bootlicker" spirit?

Do you guys think the Jews in Germany from the 1930s would approve of this?

How about the American Indians from the late 1800s?

Why would you so quickly wish to submit something as valuable as your right to defend your own life to the whims of the GOVERNMENT?! Heck, Orange Hitler might be back in 2024. Do you trust HIM to be the only one with guns????

Isn't your position kind of logically contradictory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 11:54 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,180 times
"...want to submit so hard to government?" Maybe we could re-title the thread as "why the left is so addicted to government?". Maybe we could call it an addiction or depedency similar to alcohol, tobacco and drugs?

Edit: On the other hand, maybe they worship the government almost at religious level like if it was a religion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0F6v1_iy4

Old 05-27-2022, 12:26 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
I think the pro big government crowd here in this country does not understand history, doesn't understand what, how and why the country was founded. These people are naïve, I don't mean that as an insult. They want a big government nanny state to take care of them cradle to grave. They have a collectivist mindset. They would rather sacrifice perceived safety at the expense of individual liberties.

The great reset Davos crowd wants the government to control every single facet of people's lives. From the bottom to the top.

I have zero interest in that and those clowns can go screw themselves. That's what the lefty crowd wants for our country.

Old 05-27-2022, 12:36 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceVierce View Post
lol, I’m left but pro gun. However you don’t need an AR for home defense. Perhaps for target practice hobbies. However, I do believe you should have very specific Qualifications to own one.

And asking for accountability was the main focal point. Supporting cops UNCONDITIONALLY is bootlicking.

And good luck fighting the government with your rifle when they can just drone strike your house.

On top of that most of these boomer conservatives with high cholesterol can barely even get off the couch. You couldn’t even lead the fight to eat your Jalapeño poppers inside a Wendy’s.

And for the record, the US has always been tyrannical. Just not to people who were white.
Why is it ok to profile conservatives all across the internet?

Old 05-27-2022, 12:36 PM

8,940 posts, read 2,962,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think the pro big government crowd here in this country does not understand history, doesn't understand what, how and why the country was founded. These people are naïve, I don't mean that as an insult. They want a big government nanny state to take care of them cradle to grave. They have a collectivist mindset. They would rather sacrifice perceived safety at the expense of individual liberties.

The great reset Davos crowd wants the government to control every single facet of people's lives. From the bottom to the top.

I have zero interest in that and those clowns can go screw themselves. That's what the lefty crowd wants for our country.
But it's so strange that they have such disdain for police and laws EXCEPT WHEN it comes to gun laws.

These racist, white supremacist pigs aren't good enough to get a thank you from them, but they are good enough to completely disarm them and be the only ones with guns!

Wild.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:11 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,180 times
Quote:
"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy"....they'll do a Pikachu surprised face when they found they like to own something as the late Frank Zappa said:"communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff".

Old 05-27-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
But it's so strange that they have such disdain for police and laws EXCEPT WHEN it comes to gun laws.

These racist, white supremacist pigs aren't good enough to get a thank you from them, but they are good enough to completely disarm them and be the only ones with guns!

Wild.
PragerU has a short five minute video that talks about how essentially the Left views everything through the prism of race, class, and power. That is their sense of morality.

The cops are always the bad guy because they have power.

Blacks commiting horrific racial crimes are just victims of society because of their race.

Gay /black brown females are at the top of the victimhood totem pole.

Analyze every single thing the left does in terms of those three dynamics and it starts to make some sense.

The most ironic thing about it is that that way of viewing the world is incredibly racist, limiting and dismissive. The epitome of the bigoty of low expectations.

It's why CRT is garbage. Blacks just can't seem to follow the law because they are victims so we can't prosecute them for whatever because they are just too stupid to be able to do simple things that whites can do.

LOL, can't you see the message under all of this supposed compassion????

If I was black and someone told my young son that he's a victim and essentially has extra privilege because of that and he might not preform as high so we have to lower test score because he's been oppressed.

I'd put my foot right up someone's ass.

Last edited by Chowhound; 05-27-2022 at 02:24 PM..

Old 05-27-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy"....they'll do a Pikachu surprised face when they found they like to own something as the late Frank Zappa said:"communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff".
Communism will never work because it goes against people's basic drives, drives that the lefty crowd doesn't want to admit exist.

It's one of those things that sound good on paper but has never worked really well if not at all in reality when put into practice.

Same goes with DEI, sounds good on paper but when someone has to actually put it into practice is where it fails, creates anger, division, jealousy, hostility, and resentment.

A five minute analysis of how people operate will really bear this out.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:43 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
So - what government policy have you successfully opposed by having a firearm? Please be specific.

Old 05-27-2022, 02:38 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,794 times
Quote:
PragerU has a short five minute video that talks about how essentially the Left views everything through the prism of race, class, and power. That is their sense of morality.

For the life of me, I'll never understand why they do this? I guess it's fine that they do but I've always said that race, class and power are more social issues than political ones. What is a politician or big government going to do to solve race, class and power issues? You talk about the proverbial carrot at the end of the stick! Knowing that when dealing with these topics you get to the point of diminished returns QUICKLY, why throw all that time, energy and money into something that you may improve 5-10%? One soon realizes these are emotional based goals not based much in reality.

I'm far to much of a realist to be a leftist. Many others would agree. Big government is inefficient and clunky.

Last edited by pete98146; 05-27-2022 at 02:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies