Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 08:35 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,882,732 times

Advertisements

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what you can do to start a nuclear war.

Because Jan. 6th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 08:36 PM

18,917 posts, read 27,410,665 times
Thought crossed my mind.
How much of their PERSONAL funds did Bidens, Blinkins and Kirbys donated to that just cause?

Old 05-19-2022, 08:41 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Russia's barbaric invasion of Ukraine prompted Germany to change its defense policy. They have decided to buy 34 F-35s. Each F-35 cost around $100M, so $215M is about the sale of two F-35s. Canada, too, changed their mind and bought 88 F-35s for $15B.
Yep. Dear god, if there weren't nukes in play if the Ukranians had F-35s and some support aircraft and gunships this would be an absolute bloodbath. Can't imagine what a few AC-130s and wharthogs would do to the Russians after getting crushed from the skies.

The F-35's are legitimately beating f-15s by 5 to 1 or more in demo combat. It's like a sword fight 5 on 1 where the 5 are blindfolded.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:43 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Thought crossed my mind.
How much of their PERSONAL funds did Bidens, Blinkins and Kirbys donated to that just cause?
Oh wait, is this an admission from you that Russia is doing terrible and is getting beaten badly? lol.

Kinda hard to balance the whining about foreign aid with the narrative of Russia doing great.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:59 PM

133 posts, read 106,598 times
Ukrainians are literally being bombed out of existence, they deserve the money more right now. American babies can drink cow milk for a while.

Old 05-20-2022, 10:47 AM

1,069 posts, read 742,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
why are liberals so obsessed with Ukraine? They love flying the Ukraine flag on their house next to their blm sign. so cringe.
I don't get it either. Where were these liberal when the Russians were committing atrocities and war crimes in the Central African Republic and Syria? It's a rhetorical question that I already know the answer to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltCueOur View Post
Ukrainians are literally being bombed out of existence, they deserve the money more right now. American babies can drink cow milk for a while.
I hope that you're being sarcastic. It's admirable that the U.S. is supporting the efforts of Ukraine to repel their Russian invaders but I'm troubled by the lack of accountability and transparency. How does the U.S. government know the that material and financial support being directed at Ukraine is going where it's intended? Aid to Ukraine is is becoming a huge money pit and fast beginning to resemble the biggest money laundering scam in the history of the republic. I don’t expect to see a detailed Excel spread sheet of what’s being spent in Ukraine (although that would be great). However, I do believe that the president and Congress need to explain to the American people how AND why our tax dollars are being spent in Ukraine. If Ukraine ultimately loses what happens to all the money and military hardware we’ve shipped over there? Anyone paying attention knows the answer to that. To the Victor Go the Spoils. Allowing millions in U.S. military equipment to fall into the hands of the Russians is unacceptable.

Last edited by irishcopper; 05-20-2022 at 10:55 AM..

Old 05-20-2022, 11:02 AM

2,456 posts, read 1,256,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltCueOur View Post
US weapons will be used to destroy Ukrainian houses and prolong the war.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:04 AM

18,917 posts, read 27,410,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh wait, is this an admission from you that Russia is doing terrible and is getting beaten badly? lol.

Kinda hard to balance the whining about foreign aid with the narrative of Russia doing great.
No idea what you trying to say. I am only curious, how much those on charge of taxpayer dollars actually, added to aid out of their OWN money. It is rather easy to be generous with vague federal budget funds.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:05 AM

2,612 posts, read 919,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
why are liberals so obsessed with Ukraine? They love flying the Ukraine flag on their house next to their blm sign. so cringe.
I believe that there has been a certain abandonment in the belief that it matter how much government spends. Trump got the republicans to give up on caring about spending limits and the democrats didnt really care already. So now you have everyone in government and the democrats and many republicans who just want government to spend endlessly.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:15 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,039,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Russia's barbaric invasion of Ukraine prompted Germany to change its defense policy. They have decided to buy 34 F-35s. Each F-35 cost around $100M, so $215M is about the sale of two F-35s. Canada, too, changed their mind and bought 88 F-35s for $15B.
Great, then the profits from those sales can be applied to aid for Ukraine, instead of taking it from the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies