Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 11:39 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
1st bolded - I didnt say that, I said they quit talking about Trump more than a year ago, good attempt at trying to misrepresent what I said though. You were caught red handed.

2nd bolded - They are in Odense and Copenhagen mostly. Now you will try to deflect and say people in Denmark don't keep up with US Politics anyhow. The others are in Amsterdam-which I have to admit there people generally cool with most everything.

I was constantly asked about US Politics every time Ive been to Europe when they figure out Im American--also easy for them given my accent, so I know they mostly keep up.
I asked a question so I could understand what you said, because that is the way I interpreted it. I didn't realize you would try to twist it into something it was never intended to be. I never meant to overestimate you. My bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 11:43 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
your feeble attempt at gaslighting is noted.

Ah, so you're the one working as a mole? hilarious.

Haha! ... sure pal.

All one has to do is pay attention to what has been going on with the committee, their comments, their leaks, their circus shows, their altering of evidence, etc., to know that there will be many things that will not be brought forward.
The public testimony will put on display whatever was found during the investigation. It has been widely reported that people from both sides have been interviewed. I guess that didn't make it over to Fox and Newsmax and OAN.

The "leaks" have been in the form of court filings. Would you prefer that they file them under cover as classified information?

Old 05-19-2022, 03:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why? I mean no really. Why? I mean with this we literally have what appears to be a plot to overthrow our government, that eventually led to our capital being attacked. What are you going on about? And what does it have to do with Jan 6th committee? The topic here.
The plot to overthrow a duly elected member of government was revealed in the wee hours of the morning after election night.

It's really fricken rich for the left to claim 1/6 was a "coup". The left had already done it.

As always, if you want to know what the left is guilty of doing, listen to what they accuse others of doing. They reveal themselves, every time, with their accusations.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:56 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Completely. Whatever is related to 1/6, let's see all of it.

All of the video of the aggressors, all of the video of the people carrying axes and zip ties, and storming through to take over the lawful election process.

I don't know what you are suggesting that's on Pelosi's phone, whatever, but yes, if that would please you, release that.
Yup. If Pelosi was planting Antifa agents to smash through the doors and attack the police, I'd certainly want to know that. It seems kind of Cheese Pizza-ish at first glance but who knows. The whole thing is pretty wild. The smooth transition of power from one elected official to another used to be just taken for granted. You might have a court case or three and some people wearing pink hats in protest. Flying around a crack legal team to meet behind close doors to try and bribe/intimidate the bodies certifying the state electoral results though, no, that you did not see. Attempting to violently stop results from being certified, you did not see. Well, now you do. In light of that maybe it's not so far fetched. So sure, if the evidence is that Pelosi sent in the Antifa, definitely I'd like to know about it.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:14 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The public testimony will put on display whatever was found during the investigation. It has been widely reported that people from both sides have been interviewed.
Who and what will likely only be "put on display" during their circus if Pelosi and her committee feels it helps their agenda, other things not so much...if at all. No doubt their show will include clown music in the background, to aid in catching the anti-Trump's attention and to get them salivating.
Quote:
I guess that didn't make it over to Fox and Newsmax and OAN.
That has what to do with our conversation?
I'd mentioned more than a few times in this forum that I'm not a regular viewer of those news sites. Your attempt at a slam merely proves that you don't pay attention to anything around you and you're making things up as you go.
Quote:
The "leaks" have been in the form of court filings. Would you prefer that they file them under cover as classified information?
LOL, you're proving once again that you're making things up because you're not paying attention. Even NBC calls the committee's leaks an "avalanche".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ings-rcna26549

Old 05-19-2022, 04:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The FBI already stated it was not an InSuRrEcTiOn. You can't overthrow a government without guns. Some of the demonstrators may have behaved poorly, but comparing an unarmed unruly mob to an army trying to take over the government is not just a stretch... It's insulting to the intelligence of any rational thinking, non partisan, non biased adult.

To make your claim, you would also have to ignore the footage of the police allowing the mob to enter. And also you would have to ignore the fact that the only loss of life occurred when a federal agent shot a demonstrator. Nothing about the insurrection claim ever made sense. It was 100% political and outlandish. But they needed to make such a wild allegation in order to establish this committee and make an example of their opposition.
A totally Anti-Trump “ investigationâ€. Democrats are never going to give up attempting to .impeach Donald Trump.

He scares them to death, those who voted for him scare them even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You absolutely can overthrow a government without guns. What nonsense.

But hey good news-the 3%'er I think it was brought guns, as did one or two others. I mean if thats your criteria, and not a huge angry mob that brought a noose and had it all setup out front roaming the halls chanting hang mike pence is ok. Thats EXACTLY how governments fall.
Nobody but the FBI infiltration had guns at the rally. You are suggesting that anyone who was in DC that weekend and had a gun In their car or Hotel room is a Domestic Terrorist.

Even the Leftist DC Judges are not buying that.

As for the “Witch Hunt Investigation†— it will end right before the MidTerms. Pelosi will hand over all their “evidence†to the DOJ and hold a Kangaroo Trial on TV in Prime Time in September.
She has already announced this.

The Democrats opened a great big door to Investigations — Republicans will walk right in. They will go after Biden INC. — not the Big Guy in charge of Biden INC, but all of his family … starting with Hunter.

As for a Biden Impeachment— they need to stay away from that. IF the Democrats want that heavy yoke dragging them down — let them have it. Why save them?

Old 05-19-2022, 06:49 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Quick,

No one is saying they overthrew the government.

The charge was that it was a very strong attempt to overthrow, initiated by Donald Trump.

But for the Grace of God, they'd have been successful.

And but for the grace of that one cop, who led the mob away from our lawmakers who hadn't quite made it to safety yet.

Eugene Goodman. Who knows what we all owe him.
How on earth could they have been successful? To even claim it was
a serious attempt to overthrow the government is completely absurd.
Was the military going to surrender to a few unarmed morons?
An unarmed mob of a few hundred idiots almost overthrew the government?
You really make yourself look silly.

Old 05-19-2022, 07:14 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
How on earth could they have been successful? To even claim it was
a serious attempt to overthrow the government is completely absurd.
Was the military going to surrender to a few unarmed morons?
An unarmed mob of a few hundred idiots almost overthrew the government?
You really make yourself look silly.
You make yourself look completely uninformed.

they were trying to disrupt the electoral count in the senate. Had nothing to do with the military but rather keep Biden's election victory from becoming official.

Had nothing to do with the military.

But yeah, they were "tourists". Had they been Black or Democrats in general THEN it would have been an insurrection.

Old 05-19-2022, 07:19 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

they were trying to disrupt the electoral count in the senate. Had nothing to do with the military but rather keep Biden's election victory from becoming official.

But yeah, they were "tourists". Had they been Black or Democrats in general THEN it would have been an insurrection.

Except, pAntifa and BLM took a piece of the USA, claimed it as their own, called it a sovereign nation independent of the USA, and nothing was done. Eventually, they got tired of playing around, and they all went back to mommy's basement or wherever they emerged from. Just like many of the Capital building Trumpers like the viking guy... A 30 something failed actor who lived in mommy's basement and is probably still locked up as an example to the rest of the nation.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:09 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

So, are you saying that it was a serious attempt to overthrow the government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies