Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 08:47 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times

Advertisements

If Republicans are the major party in the house in 23 and especially if in both the house and senate can they stop the 1/6 committee?
The committee seems to have unlimited power to do anything they want. Who or what gives them so much power?
If you're in their sights you seem to have no due process, no rights at all, screw all laws, the constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 08:57 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
It would be to late 3 months of televised investigations that public gets to see how far 10 republicans tried to keep Trump in office. Republicans should not even touch this with a 50million mile long pole if the try to stop it when they are up for reelection they would be Texas toast.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:00 PM

23,453 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
It would be to late 3 months of televised investigations that public gets to see how far 10 republicans tried to keep Trump in office. Republicans should not even touch this with a 50million mile long pole if the try to stop it when they are up for reelection they would be Texas toast.
uh huh, unless they release what Pelosi and pals seem to want to keep hidden.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:28 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Democrats think this will help them politically, but it won’t, not at all. People don’t care about what happened.

Let me put it this way, I care about Jan 6th about as much as Democrats care about my belief that the 2020 election was stolen

What people care about? Poor to lower middle class are angry about inflation, and upper middle class are angry about our investments tanking. The fact that we are all now poorer than we were a year ago is enough to vote the Democrats out of power.

Democrats keep focusing on Jan 6th and it shows everyone just how out of touch they really are.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:52 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Democrats think this will help them politically, but it won’t, not at all. People don’t care about what happened.

Let me put it this way, I care about Jan 6th about as much as Democrats care about my belief that the 2020 election was stolen

What people care about? Poor to lower middle class are angry about inflation, and upper middle class are angry about our investments tanking. The fact that we are all now poorer than we were a year ago is enough to vote the Democrats out of power.

Democrats keep focusing on Jan 6th and it shows everyone just how out of touch they really are.
Just like the Hunter Biden Laptop story will get bother Hunter and Joe 30 years in prison

Meadows cell phone is everything Republicans wish Hunters laptop was. Meadows is toast.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
If Republicans are the major party in the house in 23 and especially if in both the house and senate can they stop the 1/6 committee?
The committee seems to have unlimited power to do anything they want. Who or what gives them so much power?
If you're in their sights you seem to have no due process, no rights at all, screw all laws, the constitution.
I guess that's possible.

Personally, I'm REALLY interested in what the 1/6 committee reveals, from their deep investigation.

As much as others want to stop and suppress their findings.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:58 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
If folks think Americans don't care? This is Drama. How many people watched the OJ Trials?

EVERYONES gonna be watching.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:59 PM

23,453 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I guess that's possible.

Personally, I'm REALLY interested in what the 1/6 committee reveals, from their deep investigation.

As much as others want to stop and suppress their findings.
Yes, let's see all of it, including Pelosi's phone, text, email, etc. records

Old 05-18-2022, 10:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Completely. Whatever is related to 1/6, let's see all of it.

All of the video of the aggressors, all of the video of the people carrying axes and zip ties, and storming through to take over the lawful election process.

I don't know what you are suggesting that's on Pelosi's phone, whatever, but yes, if that would please you, release that.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why? I mean no really. Why? I mean with this we literally have what appears to be a plot to overthrow our government, that eventually led to our capital being attacked. What are you going on about? And what does it have to do with Jan 6th committee? The topic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies