Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 09:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"My line of thinking is no longer fringe when it comes to the US military."

Says you!

"History will not look kindly on what the US has been doing."

Thank ypu for your very biased OPINION!
Maybe if you read the Constitution and understood what rights are, you'd understand the difference between an opinion and the Founders intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Yep. We shouldn't have done it. And anyone who says Dems aren't just as guilty of being warmongers is lying through their teeth and to themselves. The political class has the same stripes whether donkey or elephant. Take a look at the last century to see for yourselves.
Not the Tea Party. Lower Federal government spending, audit the Federal Reserve, and bring the troops home.
The Constitution still matters.

Old 05-22-2022, 10:29 AM

2,612 posts, read 928,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If "we" knew it all along, why are "we" voting for the war mongers like Obama, and Trump, and Biden? Bring the troops home and protect OUR borders like the Constitution says.
Seems to me like if there are 258 million people in the US that are 18+ and Biden got 81 million votes, Trump got 74 million votes and nobody got 103 million votes. So neither Biden or Trump would have been a legitimate president that could claim the consent of the governed. Biden is not the legitimate president of the US (and Trump wouldnt be either if he had won), those 103 million people should have gotten their way.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:55 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
You see the reaction that Dubya's Freudian slip caused right? Its because people know that what the US did in Iraq was horrible.

And it is funny for you to call me biased. You will simply support anything the US military does. I am not a partisan so I can actually have an honest opinion on things. You will never go against your party or government.
" You will never go against your party or government."

"Pot, meet kettle"!

Old 05-23-2022, 06:58 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
If "we" knew it all along, why are "we" voting for the war mongers like Obama, and Trump, and Biden? Bring the troops home and protect OUR borders like the Constitution says.
"Bring the troops home and protect OUR borders like the Constitution says."

You DO know the Constitution says our troops CANNOT protect our border?

One has NOTHING to do with the other!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-23-2022 at 07:09 AM..

Old 05-23-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
" You will never go against your party or government."

"Pot, meet kettle"!
Im not a supporter of a political party, I typically dont vote and often when I do it is to write in Deez Nuts. While I certainly have my prejudices, they arent in favor of republicans or democrats which gives me an advantage in being honest about most disagreements that happen.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
"Bring the troops home and protect OUR borders like the Constitution says."

You DO know the Constitution says our troops CANNOT protect our border?
One has NOTHING to do with the other!
Your post makes no sense and you know little about the Constitution.

Article 4 Section 4

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

Old 05-23-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Seems to me like if there are 258 million people in the US that are 18+ and Biden got 81 million votes, Trump got 74 million votes and nobody got 103 million votes. So neither Biden or Trump would have been a legitimate president that could claim the consent of the governed. Biden is not the legitimate president of the US (and Trump wouldnt be either if he had won), those 103 million people should have gotten their way.
lol what?
They should vote

Old 05-23-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
lol what?
They should vote
They did, they voted for no elected leader and that is the result they should get. If that doesnt make sense, then perhaps the option for "none of the above" should automatically be included in any ballot.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:34 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/...95936811409410

Funny when Dubya makes this speech he is pretty much talking about himself and his gaffe says as much. Definitely a the pot calling the kettle moment

George W. Bush: "The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq — I mean of Ukraine."
Afterwards he muttered "Iraq too." He regrets the war I think. Can't take it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies