Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 12:12 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
No. It made news because of the apparent unfair treatment of the two individuals involved. Did you read the entire piece? The white kid’s father is on the school board (or board of trustees) and is allegedly using his influence to protect his kid. Story has nothing to do with Texas.
Apparently you have missed all the recent stories about supposed “racism” in Coppell schools and neighboring districts such as Southlake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 12:41 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
The demeanor of the seated kid looked to me like they were horsing around until he was on the floor.

DD teaches that level. She informs me the teacher never sees what started it. They don't know anything about it until the 2nd. punch is thrown.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:45 PM

3,827 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That was a punishable altercation?

I raised 3 boys. You see that every day.

I don't know what the argument was about, but it appears (just guessing) that the chair at lunch was in dispute, and the bigger boy with the long hair removed the other boy from the chair while mutual friends laughed.
Wrong!

I raised two boys and they never did this to eachother.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:47 PM
SyZ

151 posts, read 139,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The only reason this is making news is because it happened in Coppell, Texas.

There are myriad versions of this every day in every school in the country and everyone is silent.
What is the significance of this happening in Coppell, Texas?

Old 05-19-2022, 01:18 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The demeanor of the seated kid looked to me like they were horsing around until he was on the floor.

DD teaches that level. She informs me the teacher never sees what started it. They don't know anything about it until the 2nd. punch is thrown.
Sounds like unsportsmanlike penalties in the NFL.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post
What is the significance of this happening in Coppell, Texas?
There has been a great deal of recent controversy about treatment of minorities in certain wealthy districts around DFW, such as Coppell and nearby districts like Carroll ISD (Southlake) and Grapevine-Colleyville ISD.

Here is an example:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11...ce-theory/amp/

Old 05-19-2022, 02:35 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
There has been a great deal of recent controversy about treatment of minorities in certain wealthy districts around DFW, such as Coppell and nearby districts like Carroll ISD (Southlake) and Grapevine-Colleyville ISD.

Here is an example:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11...ce-theory/amp/
slow your role here. Coppell is majority minority. This isnt a school district with 4 minority kids and 10k white kids. Whites make up 36% of the population.

As for the Southlake and the Colleyvill ISD controversies, they are directly and specifically linked to teaching CRT in the school district and parents being up in arms.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
slow your role here. Coppell is majority minority. This isnt a school district with 4 minority kids and 10k white kids. Whites make up 36% of the population.

As for the Southlake and the Colleyvill ISD controversies, they are directly and specifically linked to teaching CRT in the school district and parents being up in arms.
What?

No, this got hyped due to typical liberal “Texas is racist” BS.

I actually lived in the area so I don’t need to look up stats to understand anything. How about you?

Old 05-19-2022, 03:50 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Warms my heart to know that the student of indian descent became acceptably "brown" for just long enough to be useful to call white people racist by some fools on Twitter.

The minute he takes his SAT, he'll be back to being "white".

Old 05-19-2022, 03:56 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Warms my heart to know that the student of indian descent became acceptably "brown" for just long enough to be useful to call white people racist by some fools on Twitter.

The minute he takes his SAT, he'll be back to being "white".
No truer words typed my friend.

My son had a friend who was of mixed race. He could pass for Black or Hispanic and picked whichever one got him the most at that moment.

He was very open about it too and at 16 knew all the ins and outs of using race to his advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies