Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 03:37 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I've asked one black in here many times why he and his race vote Democrat and all you get is crickets on the specifics.
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that the United States has a de facto caste system. Different racial groups see reality differently because they are on different rungs of the caste.

Black people see that Democrats support Affirmative Action, Critical Race Theory and reparations for slavery. These things tend to favor blacks. So, why wouldn't they support Democrats?

Whoever benefits you personally gets your vote, right?

Old 05-19-2022, 04:03 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
This is part of it:

https://press.princeton.edu/ideas/wh...acks-democrats

"Supporting the Democratic Party has come to be understood as just something you do as a black person, an expectation of behavior meant to empower the racial group."

And, you know what? There are non-black groups that do the very same thing! There can be a lot pressure to conform to your group.

I am white, but I voted twice for President Clinton. President Trump was the first Republican candidate that I voted for! I picked 3rd parties in the other elections. The first time I voted, I voted for McGovern. I don't identify with any group, and don't give a darn about what anyone thinks of me or how I vote, but most people don't fall in my category! Many blacks attend a church that sways them, and so do many whites.

I have met so many people from around the country in my lifetime, and many vote like their families have voted for decades. Sadly, many people of all races choose the easiest path these days.

I have been watching the rise of black Republicans, and they get a lot of crap. One of our favorites on youtube is Larry Elder. He is awesome! He tells like it is! Another great conservative black on youtube would be Anthony Brian Logan.

All people of any race are not alike. My biggest issue with being on C-D is coming across threads like this that target the black population. I realize that many of you never had black friends and co-workers, but I have, and I stand with them against racism based on ignorance.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:10 PM

62,887 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is part of it:

https://press.princeton.edu/ideas/wh...acks-democrats

"Supporting the Democratic Party has come to be understood as just something you do as a black person, an expectation of behavior meant to empower the racial group."

And, you know what? There are non-black groups that do the very same thing! There can be a lot pressure to conform to your group.

I am white, but I voted twice for President Clinton. President Trump was the first Republican candidate that I voted for! I picked 3rd parties in the other elections. The first time I voted, I voted for McGovern. I don't identify with any group, and don't give a darn about what anyone thinks of me or how I vote, but most people don't fall in my category! Many blacks attend a church that sways them, and so do many whites.

I have met so many people from around the country in my lifetime, and many vote like their families have voted for decades. Sadly, many people of all races choose the easiest path these days.

I have been watching the rise of black Republicans, and they get a lot of crap. One of our favorites on youtube is Larry Elder. He is awesome! He tells like it is! Another great conservative black on youtube would be Anthony Brian Logan.

All people of any race are not alike. My biggest issue with being on C-D is coming across threads like this that target the black population. I realize that many of you never had black friends and co-workers, but I have, and I stand with them against racism based on ignorance.
It is just puzzliing why blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's not an attack on them. I'm just curious as to why they do. Everytime I ask one of them in this forum they refuse to answer which makes one speculate the worse. If one is so proud of who they vote for why the reluctance to answer? I would be more than happy to answer that question for myself.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that the United States has a de facto caste system. Different racial groups see reality differently because they are on different rungs of the caste.

Black people see that Democrats support Affirmative Action, Critical Race Theory and reparations for slavery. These things tend to favor blacks. So, why wouldn't they support Democrats?

Whoever benefits you personally gets your vote, right?
That's selfish thinking. I don't vote for what's in it for me personally or my race. I vote on what is best for our country and citizens as a whole.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:19 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
It is just puzzliing why blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's not an attack on them. I'm just curious as to why they do. Everytime I ask one of them in this forum they refuse to answer which makes one speculate the worse. If one is so proud of who they vote for why the reluctance to answer? I would be more than happy to answer that question for myself.
Has anyone of any race said why they voted for Biden though? I can't remember that happening.

I don't think that many people change parties, no matter what. I suspect many of the black Republicans, especially the religious affilated do not approve of abortion, and Biden will lose some support over the vaccine mandates.

If more knew what a long standing racist Biden was, it might make a difference.

Give them time to be educated about how the party has changed. My parents were long standing Democrats, but the party changed radically over the years. Still, unless DeSantis or Trump is the candidate for POTUS next time around, I'll be looking at 3rd party again.

Some people don't have time to search out info, and sadly rely on MSM. One used to be able to get both sides, and some people don't know how bad things are right now in the country.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:23 PM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Just shows you how the blacks really don't care about our country. They care about themselves as a race. The Democrats are perceived to help blacks. So as a race they act like sheep and vote for the same crap over and over again.
Bit harsh?

If 63% of blacks support Biden, that means 37% do not support.

The 63% of blacks who do support Biden have their own reasons.

With that said, yes Biden is awful.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:35 PM

4,656 posts, read 1,949,182 times
Quote:
That's selfish thinking. I don't vote for what's in it for me personally or my race. I vote on what is best for our country and citizens as a whole.
I would have to ask what are your economic conditions, and what were the economic conditions you grew up in. What type of neighborhoods do you live in and grow up in. Voting for what you think is best for the country and its citizens as a whole is the luxury of those who generally have an easier life. When you are desperate, needy and see no way out and have grown into dependency on others(especially government)thinking selfishly appears to be a necessity.

I am a longterm independent and have always voted only for candidates i believed in. I am about 50/50 for which Party i have voted in the Presidential Elections. And I have always tried to vote for people who I think would best benefit the country as a whole with the idea that what is good for the country will be good for me personally. About a decade ago I became Disabled and my standard of living and ability to earn took a serious hit. And the Democrat's offer so much more to tempt someone in my position and we hear often from Republicans who wish to reduce Social Programs. I still try to look at the overall picture before my own personal needs but i can feel the allure of voting for whomever promises to make my life easier. It is very, very tempting and I am an educated guy who, although much poorer than I was, still pays my bills and has plenty of food.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:34 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bit harsh?

If 63% of blacks support Biden, that means 37% do not support.

The 63% of blacks who do support Biden have their own reasons.

With that said, yes Biden is awful.
Harsh? Depends on how you want to look at it. The fact that 63% do support this disaster of a President is very telling. I stand by my statement. Blacks care more about black America than America itself. Democrats are perceived to be friendlier to blacks. So blacks support them no matter how much our country is being ruined. In fact black females are the most reliable democratic voters there are. Why? Government has become the de facto daddy to their kids.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Harsh? Depends on how you want to look at it. The fact that 63% do support this disaster of a President is very telling. I stand by my statement. Blacks care more about black America than America itself. Democrats are perceived to be friendlier to blacks. So blacks support them no matter how much our country is being ruined. In fact black females are the most reliable democratic voters there are. Why? Government has become the de facto daddy to their kids.
I have been saying that all along but none of the blacks in here will admit it.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:46 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,898,499 times
Quote:

Yeah. Who cares about race?

Only Leftist commies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies