Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 07:29 PM

62,946 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yeah, good thing we are not ruled by old biblical laws, even though many radicals in the USA would like that. I have no idea how many illegal immigrants there are in Canada, and maybe part of the reason is that we take in so many more refugee than the USA. We, AND the USA, need MORE immigration if we want to continue let our economies grow.

There is nothing wrong with immigrants. I am one. Unless you are a First Nations person, your ancestors were immigrants also.

There is nothing wrong with refugees, my mother was one.
The topic isn't immigrants it's illegal alien children, duh! If we actually need more immigrants we will allow them in legally not illegally.

The Amerindians were also immigrants. They didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn.

Nothing wrong with refugees and asylum seekers just as long as they have a valid claim. 80% of them don't.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:31 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
St Pierre and Miquelon are part of France, and are just off of Newfoundland. That's a border with France.
There is this little thing called the Atlantic ocean between Canada and that part of France. Hardly a border, and certainly not a land border.

Canada has two borders with the USA. The 49th parallel, and Alaska. Period. From your perspective, you must think that Russia and the USA share a border, right? Just because the Diomede Islands are 2 miles apart. Right?

Old 05-21-2022, 03:51 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
It’s happening in every state! We have teachers in OK, MO, AR in our family who are so very frustrated at this issue. All you need is an address to enroll! No questions asked. Taxpayers are being scammed to pay for the education of illegals.
Meanwhile, we dumb down American students by taking away honors classes for those who work ahead and excell.

Move to a district where there is a high barrier to entry (high cost of housing) where they wouldn't dare eliminate those programs.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
There is this little thing called the Atlantic ocean between Canada and that part of France. Hardly a border, and certainly not a land border.

Canada has two borders with the USA. The 49th parallel, and Alaska. Period. From your perspective, you must think that Russia and the USA share a border, right? Just because the Diomede Islands are 2 miles apart. Right?

You just conjured up the image of Tina Fey....spoofing Palin with her "I can see Russia from my house" line.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I suspect that poster has ethnic ties to these illegal aliens rather than just being a bleeding heart. He/she constantly defends these illegal invaders and their broods.

And there it is folks.

Out there for everyone to see.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:08 AM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Nah. Let Joe Biden and Alejandro Mayorkas personally pay for it. Out of his own goddamn pocket.

Oh, and send the bill to all the communists on here screeching about the children. And if they don't pay, garnish their wages and foreclose on their homes.

I'm sick and tired of communists wanting me to pay for their bleeding hearts. Pay for your own goddamn bleeding heart.
That 2015 video where Biden is bragging about making whites a minority .... Mayorkas has the slickest grin on his face.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Would you rather have an educated society or a society full of stupid people. It's to our advantage to educate everyone.

Oldgory and I, and many, many others would rather have those kids back in their countries of origin. The resources expended on them should be spent on U.S. citizen children, and others who are here legally.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:24 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Prop-187 was the last-gasp for California having control over what made it an America state.

Texas is headed the same way...."extreme" measures will be shot-down in court, and nullified
by the loads of leftwing voters and politicians occupying that state.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:28 AM

15,433 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Prop-187 was the last-gasp for California having control over what made it an America state.

Texas is headed the same way...."extreme" measures will be shot-down in court, and nullified
by the loads of leftwing voters and politicians occupying that state.
If you read the news, you will realize that Texas does not have a majority of so called left wing voters and politicians. Quite the contrary, it's dominated by right wing types like Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick, and Ken Paxton.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:11 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Immigration is a federal issue and control.

In my opinion, if the federal government allows children of illegal alien to stay in the US, then the federal government should foot the bills for their education. Federal government should not ask local/county/state government to foot the bills for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies