Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 04:47 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So...F kids? I mean really? Thats the thing folks worry about here? Lets damage kids education? That makes the world a better place? Really?
Yeah. And they are not kidding either.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:48 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You will be happy that I can inform you I have sold my condo in Florida (thank you for the high prices!!!) and now have a place in .... Mexico. Wonderful people, just like most in Florida were. That doesn't mean that there is not a systemic racism among a large number of Floridians, primarily in the center and north areas. The saying, "the further north you go in Florida, the more southern it gets" is unfortunately true.

If Florida would get rid of racism and the propensity to place concrete wherever there is a green space, it would be a great place.
Florida is the south. Period. Dixie flags and all.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:00 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Florida is the south. Period. Dixie flags and all.
I'm not partial to Florida myself, but your stereotype of Florida is outdated. There's a heavy Dixie contingent, mostly in the north, but also a huge Latino population, many New York Jews, Afro-Caribbeans, European ex-pats, snowbirds and millionaires from all over ... and thirty per cent of Floridian households speak a non-English language at home. Look up Florida demographics and you might be pleasantly surprised to find out the state isn't all redneck Confederates. I'm sure if you visited Florida you could find places where you needn't be contaminated by a single white face.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You will be happy that I can inform you I have sold my condo in Florida (thank you for the high prices!!!) and now have a place in .... Mexico. Wonderful people, just like most in Florida were. That doesn't mean that there is not a systemic racism among a large number of Floridians, primarily in the center and north areas. The saying, "the further north you go in Florida, the more southern it gets" is unfortunately true.

If Florida would get rid of racism and the propensity to place concrete wherever there is a green space, it would be a great place.
Racism exists on every continent and within every ethnicity and culture. I doubt mankind will ever rid itself of racism. I could tell you horror stories about the racism I've seen in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, East Asia, Australia, the Pacific Islands, and Central, South, and North America.

You got a high price for your Florida condo? At least you got something out of a state you abhor.

Enjoy Mexico. Gringos with money are very welcome there.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:10 PM

15,437 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That poster doesn't know WTH they are talking about. I have given plenty of thought to the great things that would occur in our country without these illegal aliens in it. No more footing the bill for the over $100 billion that these illegals cost us, less crowded schools, jails healthcare facilites, roads and neighborhoods, less crime. What's the downside? Employers would have to hire Americans at a fair wage. Them not getting rich off their cheap illegal workers and prices would only go up with what the market would bear. Less depletion of our natural and social resources. No more jobs requiring that you have to know Spanish and less Spanish babble all around us. What's not to like?

Too bad that poster has no respect for our immigration laws and why they are in place. No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them just because they supposedly work hard. I guess he/she doesn't give a damn about the Americans who have lost their once good paying construction jobs and other blue-collared jobs to these cheap illegals either. How do they get those jobs back and alleviate the crowded conditions they have created by allowing them to remain here? These illegals take more than they contribute in taxes. Another thing they don't seem to care about. These bleeding heart pro-illegals totally disgust me!
I still don't see any realistic suggestions for eliminating illegal immigrants.

Prices would not be driven by what the market will bear. If producers can't get the price they need to pay their workers wages, they stop producing. If you think there's a shortage of houses now, wait until half the construction workers disappear.

I doubt that illegal immigrants are a net $100 billion loss to the US. I've not seen any reliable information that supports that.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:31 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I still don't see any realistic suggestions for eliminating illegal immigrants.

Prices would not be driven by what the market will bear. If producers can't get the price they need to pay their workers wages, they stop producing. If you think there's a shortage of houses now, wait until half the construction workers disappear.

I doubt that illegal immigrants are a net $100 billion loss to the US. I've not seen any reliable information that supports that.
If illegal immigrants are beneficial to a nation, then how come every country in the world (except for Ukraine in 2022 ) has strict immigration law and border guard/police?

Old 05-22-2022, 07:56 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You do understand we have 11 categories of work visas, right?

and no, coming to the US illegally and breaking US's law is not consider as a work visa. If you think that's perfectly OK, then we may as well get rid of immigration law and erase our border, because let's face it...whats the point?
They need to revamp USCIS. I know how they are operating and right at this moment it’s like the IRS. Months even years behind. It needs policy changes.
I’ve known good people be treated badly trying to get their citizenship, and families not able to come together waiting over 10 yrs. Seen a young man denied a hardship visa to see his mom, a citizen, until one year later picked up her ashes. And she worked cleaning a Fed office over 18 yrs.
The drug n sex trafficking is out of control. But hedge funds finance it. It’s high end money moving this stuff . So can we do something with our druggies and sex fiends? We are the consumers, won’t be surprised if soon potatoes and sides of beef will be transported through those tunnels.
IMHO, we need to direct our efforts to the hard drugs, trafficking, cyber crimes and child exploitation. Like it or not, need to see how we can take the humble family workers and fix the work visas, make them 5 yrs with monthly reporting. Those student overstays, we need that talent, but we deport them.
But I know. They are illegal - throw them over the cliff and save Americana. There not going to be a fix anytime soon. Maybe in 10/15 yrs.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:37 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
We have enough talent of our own. We don't need illegal talent. Let them go back home and help fix their own damned countries. Yes, get rid of these illegals and save America! At least the powers that be haven't been able to grant another failed amnesty.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:18 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you want to reward those who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws? Why? What's the point of having them then? Illegal aliens are not net contributors anyway they are net takers. They cost us over $100 billion a year while only contributing $19 billion. Educate yourself on this issue and learn some respect for our immigration laws and why they are in place!

They have taken once good paying jobs from Americans but that's ok with you? You want them to remain here so they can retain those jobs? I can't believe how many anti-Americans there are like you in this country. It's disgusting!
You've made the "$100 billion" cost assertion many times without any citation.

Fact is undocumented immigrants work low paying, often less than minimum, wage jobs. They are not taking high paying jobs. And you know that is the fact.

Quit saying things you can't back up.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You've made the "$100 billion" cost assertion many times without any citation.

Fact is undocumented immigrants work low paying, often less than minimum, wage jobs. They are not taking high paying jobs. And you know that is the fact.

Quit saying things you can't back up.
Do you condone illegal migration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies