Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 06:30 PM

15,304 posts, read 7,341,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Again, I am not asking for YOUR OPINION about the current status immigration law.

I am asking if you are against or for illegal immigration as defined under Title 18 United States Codes as of May 2022.

Why are you so afraid to say “yes, I am for illegal immigration”?

Stick with your principles and beliefs. Be a man. Honestly, I don’t think you even believe what you say.
As long as someone works hard and stays out of trouble, I do not care what their immigration status is. I am also sick and tired of the right spouting their garbage about "they are breaking the law" when the right generally doesn't care about following laws themselves.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:30 PM

14,181 posts, read 4,543,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So we are going to niggle about the use of the words of refugee vs asylum seekers, are we?

In Canada, a refugee can make the claim while in the country.

From the Canadian website
"Individuals can make a refugee claim in Canada at a port of entry upon arrival or online if already in Canada. CBSA or IRCC officials will determine if an individual is eligible to be referred to the Immigration and Refugee Board for a hearing. Factors determining an individual’s eligibility to make a refugee claim include whether the claimant has committed a serious crime, made a previous claim in Canada, or received protection in another country."
No matter what, why can little tiny Canada take in more refugees than the USA?
Asylum = people who seek refuge at a port of entry
Refugee = people who seek refuge in a third country, you know, like Mexico

How many asylum seekers did Canada encountered in fiscal year 2021? How about over 2 million?

Old 05-24-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
As long as someone works hard and stays out of trouble, I do not care what their immigration status is. I am also sick and tired of the right spouting their garbage about "they are breaking the law" when the right generally doesn't care about following laws themselves.

The “right” doesn’t care about following the law? Like looting Targets, burning down police precincts, or destroying and defacing historical statues?

What are you trying to say here?

So now, you are a right winger if you want immigration law to be enforced? LoL, ok

Old 05-24-2022, 06:40 PM

15,304 posts, read 7,341,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

The “right” doesn’t care about following the law? Like looting Targets, burning down police precincts, or destroying and defacing historical statutes?

What are you trying to say here?
Those people should have been stopped too. Historical statues? You mean the statues celebrating traitors who took up arms against their country?

I'm not a leftist - much of the leftist agenda is stupidly bad and unworkable. I am a radical moderate who despises what the right has become, which is a bunch of religious zealots who hate anyone who isn't a white Christian, and thinks they are oh so superior to everyone else.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Those people should have been stopped too. Historical statues? You mean the statues celebrating traitors who took up arms against their country?

I'm not a leftist - much of the leftist agenda is stupidly bad and unworkable. I am a radical moderate who despises what the right has become, which is a bunch of religious zealots who hate anyone who isn't a white Christian, and thinks they are oh so superior to everyone else.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/pol...cy-polls-finds

According to a recent poll, Only 38% Americans back Biden on immigration and 62% disapprove

So I guess 62% of Americans are right wingers ??

Old 05-24-2022, 06:48 PM

1,719 posts, read 725,001 times
Quote:

Isn't this what's called a contradiction in terms?

Old 05-24-2022, 07:33 PM

22,356 posts, read 11,886,395 times
Quote:

And yet another bigoted and narrow-minded statement regarding "the right".

So, do conservative Blacks and Hispanics, who in in your fevered imagination, "hate anyone who isn't a white Christian"? And, do they "think they are oh so superior to everyone else"?

Get a grip

Old 05-24-2022, 09:08 PM

According to a recent poll from CNN, 66% of Americans disapprove and 34% approve Biden handling of the migrant crisis

Damn those 66% right wingers

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/04/p...val/index.html

Old 05-24-2022, 09:11 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,296,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Canada's immigration system is different. Its refugee system is much better.

It has a point system, which arguably makes sense if the purpose is to build the economy. Both Canada and the USA need immigration if we want our economies to continue to function the way they have been.

My suggestion is that when legal immigration is increased, the resources to keep bad people out can be more focused. Is it a magic bullet? Of course not, but it would improve the situation.
so your answer is "No, the Canadian system does NOT only keep the bad people out. We have a set of criteria that ensures our LEGAL immigrants are needed and will not become dependent on government sources more than our general citizens"

As to your "suggestions" on the system of a much larger and wealthier ... and quite frankly more desirable country than yours to live in ... keep 'em to yourself or get Trudeau etal to change Canadian laws.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:06 AM

I always find it weird that these leftists are blaming “big business” for the illegal immigration.

Last time I checked we didn’t vote for businessman, but we voted for politicians. Politicians, like Joe Biden, make policies for immigration, NOT businessman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.