Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 10:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...51649de3ae6e74

Community activist for homeless, robbed via naivete and still hasn't learned her lesson.

You need to help those that are struggling. Not those that have embraced criminality.

I wish the whole world was full of nice people like her, but it's not.
She probably grew up in a rich or upper middle class neighborhood and was never exposed to reality.

I wish most of the liberals would get a solid dose of reality and live in a low income area for a while. It would cure them of the lunacy of liberalism and get them a ration of reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 01:06 PM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
This is in Baltimore where the squeegee kids are notorious. Just a few weeks before this woman got taken, a city council member had the same thing happen. It was all over the local news. I guess this woman didn't happen to see that report.
Notorious or criminal, take your pick.

Old 05-20-2022, 04:17 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
She probably grew up in a rich or upper middle class neighborhood and was never exposed to reality.

I wish most of the liberals would get a solid dose of reality and live in a low income area for a while. It would cure them of the lunacy of liberalism and get them a ration of reality.
I almost fell out of my chair when she said she had CashApp... WTH ??

Give them a dollar and move on...

Wait... how's that going to work when we get rid of cash?

Old 05-21-2022, 07:53 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I've not seen a dollar coin in years, other than in my coin collection jar I've had since a young child. It has several silver dollars in it. Do they still make Susan B Anthony dollar coins?

Thankfully we don't have squeegee guys here. I just don't want anybody fooling with my car, if for no other reason than it has sensors all over it and might start blasting noises. But a week or so ago I did give a decent amount to a young Hispanic family with a sign that said they needed money for diapers. And they did have a young baby with them, so they'd have to be pretty low class to pull a scam of that nature. They were friendly and appreciative, so I didn't feel like I'd been "had". It didn't really matter - I had money, and they needed some. I don't think they were headed to the nearest drug dealer or package store.

They did a run of Susan B's in 1999 when the stockpile finally ran out and the NYC subway was still using them. They followed this up with the "Golden Dollar" that had Sacagawea on it initially, then all the US presidents in order after that. Made out of manganese and brass so pretty at first but quickly tarnishes. Also, ignorant people hoarded them initially thinking they had real gold in them. Surprised you missed that one as it was pretty hyped. I occasionally have business in Oklahoma and get a roll now and again for the tolls. Out of a $25 roll from the bank, it's still generally around 20% Susan B's. Same size, but the Susan B has a reeded edge and the new dollar is smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Why do I need someone to wash my windshield when I have plenty of washer fluid in my car's hood and my car does a great job with the spray and the wipe cycle of its own wipers ???? Don't freaking touch my car and certainly don't expect to be paid if you wash it because I am stuck in traffic stop and can't get out of there fast enough.

They're taking advantage of the fact that most decent people believe in paying for services and even if you didn't ask for it you will feel obligated. Gypsies run similar scams paving driveways if you can believe it.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:57 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...51649de3ae6e74

Community activist for homeless, robbed via naivete and still hasn't learned her lesson.

You need to help those that are struggling. Not those that have embraced criminality.

I wish the whole world was full of nice people like her, but it's not.
Yep the world could use more nice people.
As for the squeegie boys...they were among the first to find themselves out of a job when Rudy G took over as NYC mayor in the 90's. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies