Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 08:32 AM

52,546 posts, read 34,259,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is there any evidence that ANYONE said, Sam, you're biracial, so our discussion about the injustices done to Black people pertain to you. So, now, Sam, since your father was black, you should realize that when you are slighted, it's because of your race.

Answer my question. Are your questions serious?
why can't you answer the question i asked before demanding i answer yours?

who cares if anyone said anything to sam? no one ever claimed they did. it's pretty sad that you've been reduced to flinging up strawmen because you're too embarrassed to answer a simple question.

Quote:
why a student's race should ever be a topic of discussion in a public school classroom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 08:36 AM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why can't you answer the question i asked before demanding i answer yours?

who cares if anyone said anything to sam? no one ever claimed they did. it's pretty sad that you've been reduced to flinging up strawmen because you're too embarrassed to answer a simple question.
That's what you're claiming, it seems.

That his race, personally, this kid's racial history, was the subject of his school lessons.

And now, kids, let's talk about the fate of mixed race children on a slave plantation, that were once called Mulatto. Like Sam here. Sam, can you please come up to the front of the class so we can all get a good look at you?

You think that was going on?

It appears you do.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:37 AM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
His school is not teaching him that doing chores is racist. He came up with that on his own. My kids when there were 13 came up with all kinds of reasons not to do chores. Good going, Mom, for bringing much needed attention to both her and her son. Now he's probably getting picked up at school about this.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:44 AM

20,263 posts, read 19,847,317 times
That kid is finding out early the the "victimhood" scam can really pay dividends.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:46 AM

52,546 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
That's what you're claiming, it seems.
copy/paste it here, then. you won't, because you can't.

Quote:
That his race, personally, this kid's racial history, was the subject of his school lessons.

my god, we've been over this countless times already, and you're still lost. the question was:

Quote:
why a student's race should ever be a topic of discussion in a public school classroom?
then you chimed in with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC
How would you design a US History curriculum, that doesn't have a mention of race?
do you seriously not understand that the student is not a historical figure?

Quote:
And now, kids, let's talk about the fate of mixed race children on a slave plantation, that were once called Mulatto. Like Sam here. Sam, can you please come up to the front of the class so we can all get a good look at you?

You think that was going on?

It appears you do.
copy and paste my quote that in any way says that. you won't, because you can't.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:48 AM

6,469 posts, read 2,878,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why should a student's race need to be mentioned in a discussion of US history?
Quote:
Is there any evidence that ANYONE said, Sam, you're biracial, so our discussion about the injustices done to Black people pertain to you. So, now, Sam, since your father was black, you should realize that when you are slighted, it's because of your race.
Who knows what was discussed in that classroom specifically.
The mother obviously thinks it affected him.
But if you don't want to entertain that what other reasons could there be?

But there must be an explanation for why her son thinks that "everything that doesn't go his way is racist", right?

Is the mom lying?
Is the son lying? he doesn't really believe it, he just lazy af.
Is the boy mentally ill?
Was it his friends who put that idea in his head?
Was it Lefty media?
Or social Media ranters?

Old 05-20-2022, 08:49 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Another future malcontent troublemaker.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:52 AM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
I am a teacher and I am seeing it more and more. Some students see it as racist if they don't choose MLK as the greatest American of all time.

Old 05-20-2022, 09:06 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am a teacher and I am seeing it more and more. Some students see it as racist if they don't choose MLK as the greatest American of all time.
Which is very ironic since the modern left absolutely does NOT believe the philosophies espoused by MLK. In fact, in most cases, quite the opposite.

Old 05-20-2022, 09:09 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Just silly

Almost as silly as the belief that any men don't find Kim Kardashian to be attractive must be homosexual.

Mlk is a great human being and a great American. But the greatest? In my opinion, there is no such a thing as greatest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies