Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 04:18 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times

Advertisements

Too many people are married to the party. They don't even know who is running, what platform they have, their past experience.
It's all the party.

I have voted for the man, not the party. I've voted both R and D and now I vote Libertarian because I hope to see a third party emerge.

Both parties are corrupt to the core....the pork flows among them all and they do what they can to make sure no other party emerges....you know "vote D or R else you are throwing away your vote".
You got agencies lying to each other, lying to Congress and doing the bidding of other people in power....doesn't anyone see this ?

Until people wake up, really wake up nothing will change except for the worse.
Read your history folks...what happens to empires when they become thoroughly corrupt.

Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 04:22 PM

366 posts, read 110,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Imagine how the people who listened to Pondy and mortgaged their homes to buy in at the peak are feeling now.
Meh, still locked in at 2%

Old 06-17-2022, 04:25 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Another horrific week of losses.

We have a well established weekly loss trend again.

No magical Friday surge as one keeps predicting and being wrong.

No word from Pondy. Do we need a wellness check done? Same for Clara?

At some point in time the damage will cease. When is that time? I don't know. Anyone who tells you they know is full of BS.

An important thing to do to make money in the stock market is to remove your own partisan politics. Remove the emotions. Something some people just can't seem to do.
When will the damage cease? No one knows.

But I can tell you for sure that the economy and markets will not like THE FED REMOVING $1 TRILLION OF LIQUIDITY FROM THE ECONOMY FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS.

This is the elephant in the room that EVERYONE IS IGNORING. People are focused on inflation, interest rates, and the recession, which are BIG, but the QT IS HUGE.

Once the full weight of QT hits the economy and people realize what is happening, it will weigh heavy on people's hopes. It would be very, very difficult for the markets to rise when QT is happening to this massive extent.

The economy has never seen QT of this magnitude. If I was holding stocks, I would be very, very nervous. This decline is in the VERY EARLY STAGES of declines.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:52 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
Quote:
On the bright side, it appears the last remaining stock market hopeful has at least stopped posting nonsense now.

Now we are all on the same side of the boat as it tips over.
Normally that would be capitulation approaching a bottom. Are we at a bottom? It doesn't feel like we are at a bottom with future fed increases to come.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:56 PM

QT on a large scale will be an interesting experiment. I expect the Fed to blink first.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:00 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Normally that would be capitulation approaching a bottom. Are we at a bottom? It doesn't feel like we are at a bottom with future fed increases to come.
There is no way in hell:

1. The Fed is only starting $3 trillion of QT that begins in July. Even with that, they have $6 trillion in excess bonds on thier balance sheets.

2. The market is still extremely over-valued. We were are Schiller PE and CAPE rates 3X historic averages. We are now still excessively over-valued with Schiller PE at 2.5 and CAPE ratees 2.5 X historic norms.

3. The recession has not fully hit- it will not be a short one.

4. The layoff have not hit- they will be hard

5. Inflation is still out of control and we have MANY more interest rate hikes going well into 2023 to put a dent in inflation.

This is THE EARLY STAGES OF THIS MARKET MELTDOWN, not the beginning.

No one has experienced this very weird market situation in our lifetimes. We have record valuations, record interest rates, record QT beginning, and just the start of a recession/depression. If you liked the 2008 meltdown and the 1929 crash, you are going to LOVE this one! We also have an inept POTUS and Fed, who are clueless as to what they should do. We are pretty much on our own now.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:33 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Gonna make 2008 look like a dream nate.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There is no way in hell:

1. The Fed is only starting $3 trillion of QT that begins in July. Even with that, they have $6 trillion in excess bonds on thier balance sheets.

2. The market is still extremely over-valued. We were are Schiller PE and CAPE rates 3X historic averages. We are now still excessively over-valued with Schiller PE at 2.5 and CAPE ratees 2.5 X historic norms.

3. The recession has not fully hit- it will not be a short one.

4. The layoff have not hit- they will be hard

5. Inflation is still out of control and we have MANY more interest rate hikes going well into 2023 to put a dent in inflation.

This is THE EARLY STAGES OF THIS MARKET MELTDOWN, not the beginning.

No one has experienced this very weird market situation in our lifetimes. We have record valuations, record interest rates, record QT beginning, and just the start of a recession/depression. If you liked the 2008 meltdown and the 1929 crash, you are going to LOVE this one! We also have an inept POTUS and Fed, who are clueless as to what they should do. We are pretty much on our own now.

Educational. Thank you.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:48 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
A lot of 401k investment companies have crap options. I would bet out of those 10 mutual funds the same 20 names are in every one of them. And if they are FAANG stocks, you're getting gutted. Hope you have some in oil companies, that is one of the few sectors doing well under Biden.
Many funds won't hold fossil fuel stocks due to ESG guidelines.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:06 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
Imagine how the people who listened to Pondy and mortgaged their homes to buy in at the peak are feeling now.
Six months ago, a friend of mine took out 70k in home equity to invest in crypto. Against my advice, I should add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies