Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 12:28 PM

27,520 posts, read 28,613,393 times

Advertisements

Well, at least we got a nice piece of alliteration out of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 12:30 PM

29,776 posts, read 24,865,598 times
My for 401K is now a 401NOT-OK

Old 05-20-2022, 12:41 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
S&P just went into a 20% dip from highs which means it is in a bear market now. Just thought I would make this thread as the usual thank you President Biden people seem to not be making these type of threads lately. But don't worry folks we are still in tear it down demo portion of the plan.

Whether the president controls it or not I can say that people are pretty worried now about their futures and Biden is definitely driving those concerns.

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend staying home to save on gas so you might be able to retire.
In the words of Al Gore "Everything that outta be down is up, and everything that outta be up is down."

Start at 1:07:

https://youtu.be/DH8WhNvry8Q?t=67

Old 05-20-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
My for 401K is now a 401NOT-OK
Lots of people at my job retired back in Dec and Jan and took a lump sum of their 401k. They all saved tons of money, because they saw the Biden $hit $show coming. I feel sorry for all the people looking at their 401ks now and watching it slowly disappear before their eyes.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:45 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,393,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
In the words of Al Gore "Everything that outta be down is up, and everything that outta be up is down."

Start at 1:07:

https://youtu.be/DH8WhNvry8Q?t=67
Now everything's a little upside down

As a matter of fact the wheels have stopped

What's good is bad what's bad is good

You'll find out when you reach the top

You're on the bottom

Bob Dylan

Old 05-20-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I've taken a few short positions in the market, but what is there to even to for? The only that could save us is overturning the election and bringing the real President into office.
That will never happen. But we can flip the House and Senate, and do it in such a manner that they can override a Biden veto.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:51 PM

3,520 posts, read 3,726,927 times
Quote:
S&P just went into a 20% dip from highs which means it is in a bear market now. Just thought I would make this thread as the usual thank you President Biden people seem to not be making these type of threads lately. But don't worry folks we are still in tear it down demo portion of the plan.
"You didn't build that, but Imma tear it down anyway."

Old 05-20-2022, 12:56 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:

Whether the president controls it or not I can say that people are pretty worried now about their futures and Biden is definitely driving those concerns.

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend staying home to save on gas so you might be able to retire.
You should be thanking Putin. Really, this is completely over-the-top. What is it, exactly, that you want the President to control: global events? The President of a foreign country? Do you want Biden to send the CIA over there, to engineer a coup (it wouldn't work), or perhaps a Princess Diana-style car accident?

It just goes to show, that some people will scrape the bottom of the barrel for pretexts to bash the President, no matter how absurd.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:12 PM

4,651 posts, read 1,946,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
In Houston, it feels like the earth has already crashed into the sun.

The heat and humidity in Houston is Joe Biden’s fault, just like the war in Ukraine, supply chain problems in China, the stock market, high oil prices, low oil prices, my dandruff, etc.
I am particular mad about Biden causing Male Pattern Baldness and Erectile Dysfunction, not of course for myself but for others

Old 05-20-2022, 01:18 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,393,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You should be thanking Putin. Really, this is completely over-the-top. What is it, exactly, that you want the President to control: global events? The President of a foreign country? Do you want Biden to send the CIA over there, to engineer a coup (it wouldn't work), or perhaps a Princess Diana-style car accident?

It just goes to show, that some people will scrape the bottom of the barrel for pretexts to bash the President, no matter how absurd.
I am slightly confused here, I didn't see you jump in and say anything to a few people here that trollingly make threads thanking Biden for everything. I learned how to be insincere from them.

Last edited by lookingaround12345; 05-20-2022 at 01:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies