Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 08:55 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yes, that's what the study I linked said. And as I said, it is almost common knowledge that higher testosterone increases tendencies towards aggression and criminality. If you think that's "racist" because young black males also have high testosterone levels, then I guess you think common knowledge and an academic study are "racist."

That is absolutely possible, but as I said in post #51, we're talking about tendencies here.
So you are going on record arguing that young black men have a tendency to be "considerably" more prone to criminality due to their "considerably" higher testosterone levels between the ages of 20 to 39 as well as Republicans more prone to violence over Democrats adjusted for gender and race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 08:56 PM

20,870 posts, read 9,532,948 times
I have already answered your question:
Quote:
Yes, that's what the study I linked said. And as I said, it is almost common knowledge that higher testosterone increases tendencies towards aggression and criminality. If you think that's "racist" because young black males also have high testosterone levels, then I guess you think common knowledge and an academic study are "racist."

Old 05-21-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I have already answered your question:
You are refusing to stand by your initial comment. You must not believe what you wrote. Your argument has no merit.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
If this headline is true, makes complete sense.

Democrats/leftists have more feminine leanings. Include everyone, make sure everyone has enough, take care of the sick, and weak, and listen to the downtrodden. Cooperate for success.

Republicans/theright have more male leanings in their philosophies. Competition for resources, protect your own families first, each individual is responsible for their own success and those who are floundering don't deserve collective help.

That's why two parent families work so well, typically. Because BOTH voices work together. The male and female. Yin and Yang. BOTH voices are equally important, in keeping a balance.

We used to work well as a country, the Yin and the Yang making room for each other, but we've stopped doing that and the Yin and Yang are in opposite corners, hating each other.

I TOTALLY agree, if you injected testosterone into democrats, they'd move to the right. And if you injected estrogen into Republicans, they'd move to the left.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:03 PM

I would also like to add that, here in your OP, you were inferring that high testosterone levels among men was a good thing (because it made them more conservative). Now that it's been pointed out to you that high testosterone levels among men also leads to increased aggression and criminality, suddenly you seem to have changed your tune and are trying to paint me as racist because young black men also have high testosterone levels, which you suddenly don't see as a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Study: strongly affiliated Democrats average less testosterone than weakly affiliated Democrats. If Democrats are given extra testosterone, they become more Republican in beliefs.

https://www.openicpsr.org/openicpsr/...ersion/V1/view

Old 05-21-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I would also like to add that, here in your OP, you were inferring that high testosterone levels among men was a good thing (because it made them more conservative). Now that it's been pointed out to you that high testosterone levels among men also leads to increased aggression and criminality, suddenly you seem to have changed your tune and are trying to paint me as racist because young black men also have high testosterone levels, which you suddenly don't see as a good thing.
Strawman, I didn't say that was a good thing.

You are refusing to stand by your argument that "higher testosterone = more aggression = more criminality."

You are not brave enough to stand by your argument. You have tacitly admitted defeat on this argument.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
You are refusing to stand by your initial comment. You must not believe what you wrote. Your argument has no merit.
This post here was actually my initial comment. Yes, I stand by this:
Quote:
Except that men's testosterone levels go down when they get older. That should make them more liberal, not less.
But if you're referring to this post below, yes, I do stand by this study and have not rejected it once in this thread:
Quote:
Yup. It looks like high testosterone causes aggressive behavior including criminality:

Testosterone and Aggressive Behavior in Man

Makes sense, actually. High testosterone = more aggressive behavior = more conservative = more criminality. Would explain a lot of what we're seeing in the GQP lately. I'd be willing to bet that conservative women have higher testosterone levels as well.
Once again, increased testosterone tends to increase levels of aggression and criminality in men. And once again, this almost common knowledge.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Strawman, I didn't say that was a good thing.

You are refusing to stand by your argument that "higher testosterone = more aggression = more criminality."

You are not brave enough to stand by your argument. You have tacitly admitted defeat on this argument.
Not only have I stood by this comment, I have repeated it about a half dozen times so far. Do you want me to say it again? I could repeat it another half-dozen times if you want me to, but I'm afraid you'll somehow still think I'm not standing by it even if I repeat it 10 dozen times.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
This post here was actually my initial comment. Yes, I stand by this:

But if you're referring to this post below, yes, I do stand by this study and have not rejected it once in this thread:

Once again, increased testosterone tends to increase levels of aggression and criminality in men. And once again, this almost common knowledge.
Your argument is literally higher testosterone = more aggression = more criminality = black men aged 20 to 39.

Do you stand by your "higher testosterone = more aggression = more criminality" for black men 20 to 39?

Because so far you've refused to stand by that and if you don't stand by it, logically your argument towards conservatives also falls apart.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Your argument is literally higher testosterone = more aggression = more criminality = black men aged 20 to 39.

Do you stand by your "higher testosterone = more aggression = more criminality" for black men 20 to 39?
Well, I have never denied on this forum (or anywhere else) that young black men do indeed commit crimes at a higher rate than most other groups, so I suppose that maybe their high testosterone levels could be a cause of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies