Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How low will the DOW fall under Biden?
to 30,000 6 11.32%
to 26,000 12 22.64%
to 22,000 20 37.74%
to 18,000 4 7.55%
to 14,000 2 3.77%
to below 14,000 9 16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 10:24 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Are you sure you are talking about a Line of Credit?

The Line of Credit allows you to “borrow” at low interest against your Portfolio Holdings (in your case Real Estate holdings) without have to sell anything and then pay 28%+ Capital Gains Tax. I’m familiar with this through my Financial Advisory, but we are not invested in Real Estate - so that might be different.

Bottom line is avoiding be forced to sell assets in order pay high Capital Gains on Assets that have already been Taxed when you acquired them.

It’s worked out between Bank, Lawyer, Financial Advisor & CPA — the Capital Gains Tax ( which is forced on anyone with substantial assets) is a killer. Trusts are often part of the deal & you have protected your family with the Insurance policy if something should happen to you.

A Bank Letter of Credit is usually use in Commercial transactions. Ordered goods have to be paid for normally before they can be sold. A Letter Of Credit “guarantees” payment.
Definitely a letter of credit. I have had many lines of credit before, so I do know the difference. And yes, this is all part of my irrevocable trust as I said before.

As I said, this is a thing. All you have to do is do some research or speak to someone who specializes in this . They seem to love to talk about it. They will tell you everything I am telling you here, and a whole lot more..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 01:39 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Definitely a letter of credit. I have had many lines of credit before, so I do know the difference. And yes, this is all part of my irrevocable trust as I said before.

As I said, this is a thing. All you have to do is do some research or speak to someone who specializes in this . They seem to love to talk about it. They will tell you everything I am telling you here, and a whole lot more..
That's why I asked - a Line of Credit verifies funds, basically as collateral
A Letter of Credit basically guarantees payment - which is what you indicated.

Sounds like a good plan.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,625 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Another pretty day on Wall Street this morning.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:44 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Another pretty day on Wall Street this morning.
Indeed-

Markets never go straight up, nor do they go straight down. Rallies can happen in bear markets, killing the short sellers. If the trend continues through friday, this will be the first "up" week in eight weeks, breaking that record consecutive weekly downward trend. Further, we have had days where the market falls in the morning, only to gain back all its losses in the afternoon and vice/versa.

As I have said many times, it is impossible to predict the markets. Predictions usually make everyone look foolish.

The markets are still facing the strong headwinds of rising interest rates, inflation, lower corporate earnings, and an impending recession, all of which would tend to drive stocks lower.

One will have to be patient to see the full effects of the above and the impact they have on the markets.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,625 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Indeed-

Markets never go straight up, nor do they go straight down. Rallies can happen in bear markets, killing the short sellers.

As I have said many times, it is impossible to predict the markets. Predictions usually make everyone look foolish.

The markets are still facing the strong headwinds of rising interest rates, inflation, lower corporate earnings, and an impending recession, all of which would tend to drive stocks lower.

One will have to be patient to see the full effects of the above and the impact they have on the markets.
It’s not impossible to predict. There are those who do it very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies