Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 12:34 PM

17,617 posts, read 6,903,332 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure why she's worried. They'll just did what they did in 2020 to make sure she gets re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 12:45 PM

29,513 posts, read 19,612,482 times
500 dollars to fight inflation? These imbeciles lol

Old 05-22-2022, 12:58 PM

9,861 posts, read 4,634,723 times
Ah nothing like third party money to fuel inflation not fight it.

Mid term pandering or is she just not a... great economic mind

Old 05-22-2022, 01:07 PM

6,096 posts, read 3,338,430 times
The only guy in America who will stand against this type of spending is Rand Paul. Why nobody else?

But as I watch my investments tank, supposedly due to raised interest rates to fight inflation, what is the point of giving free money to everyone? Won’t that just raise inflation, which will require even more raised interest rates?

I feel like I’m being robbed and my money is being given to poor people. Is that what is happening here? Modern day Robin Hood? I’m just a middle class dude, and I don’t appreciate my hard earned money being given away to people who are unwilling to work for it.

Old 05-22-2022, 01:14 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am sure Governor Whitmer of Michigan (D) means well, but she wants to mail out $500 checks to "help Michiganders fight inflation." It sounds like there is enough support in both parties to do it - who wants to be voted out when your opponent can shriek that you don't "care" about "people suffering" from inflation? Free money wins.

It sounds nice, but won't that actually be inflationary?

Basic Econ textbooks for high school will tell you that if you increase the supply of money, but goods remain the same, inflation goes up.

Isn't she just making more dollars chase the same amount of goods so that prices will be bid upwards?

Whitmer isn't exactly a genius, she was the governor that kept putting Covid patients into nursing homes a full 2 months after all other 49 states had stopped and a full month after her own investigation said to stop immediately.

How bout 500 a month, no wait-500 a week

Wait, is she nuts? No, that's a rhetorical question

Old 05-22-2022, 02:57 PM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Ah nothing like third party money to fuel inflation not fight it.

Mid term pandering or is she just not a... great economic mind
I guess I don't know for sure, but she likely is very unintelligent. Like I said, she continued her policy of sticking covid patients into nursing homes a full two months after every other state had stopped. Even Cuomo realized it was a bad policy months before she was smart enough to get it.

On the flip side, it is an election year and this could help with votes.

Old 05-22-2022, 03:03 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
I guess I don't know for sure, but she likely is very unintelligent. Like I said, she continued her policy of sticking covid patients into nursing homes a full two months after every other state had stopped. Even Cuomo realized it was a bad policy months before she was smart enough to get it.

On the flip side, it is an election year and this could help with votes.

Dems are great at buying votes!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2022, 03:25 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,779 times
Quote:
I am sure Governor Whitmer of Michigan (D) means well, but she wants to mail out $500 checks to "help Michiganders fight inflation." It sounds like there is enough support in both parties to do it - who wants to be voted out when your opponent can shriek that you don't "care" about "people suffering" from inflation? Free money wins.

It sounds nice, but won't that actually be inflationary?

Basic Econ textbooks for high school will tell you that if you increase the supply of money, but goods remain the same, inflation goes up.

Isn't she just making more dollars chase the same amount of goods so that prices will be bid upwards?

Whitmer isn't exactly a genius, she was the governor that kept putting Covid patients into nursing homes a full 2 months after all other 49 states had stopped and a full month after her own investigation said to stop immediately.
Why do you assume a politician means well? Maybe I’m a bit cynical ( or perhaps a realist ), but I never assume that. What’s the political angle and how does that help them acquire and stay in power are the questions I ask.

Old 05-22-2022, 03:33 PM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Idiocy runs rampant among Dems.

Old 05-22-2022, 03:35 PM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Why do you assume a politician means well? Maybe I’m a bit cynical ( or perhaps a realist ), but I never assume that. What’s the political angle and how does that help them acquire and stay in power are the questions I ask.
That is fair. It could be vote buying pure and simple.

However, she comes off as not intelligent. I think she can't grasp the concept of more dollars chasing the same amount of goods is an inflationary pressure. As I already pointed out twice before in this thread, she was dumb enough to keep sticking covid patients in a nursing home where people are more vulnerable. If she isn't low IQ, then she is evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies