Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 07:51 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times

Advertisements

They're still butthurt about them passing election reforms that supposedly resulted in "voter suppression" (also known as voter harvesting) despite the fact early voting is actually up in 2022 primaries so far.

Democrats want to be able to go around and collect ballots from every person in every city in the country, because they know voter turnout is typically 50% and turnout is everything.

Making it so people have to get off their butt to vote like we've done it the last 200 years gives them a disadvantage giving republicans an advantage. We can argue all day about whether you think people should be able to go around with blank ballots door to door collecting votes all day long.

Perhaps we should reform the system to make it so it's easy for people to digitally cast their votes using secure servers and two factor authentication techniques. No need to mess around with manual ballot counters and such. The left are very careful to only propose reform that benefits them. They don't want EVERYONE voting, they want democrats voting, which seems obvious when you think about it. The constitution leaves voting up to the states... maybe we should mandate a national digital voting system that anyone can use for a full month before any election assuming they are a legal citizen with a social security number. It will never happen... our government is too inept to get anything useful done that would diminish their hold over us or their ability to cheat or be corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 07:53 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Georgia is a problem for Democrats. They can't call Kemp a Trumper... he defied Trump and Trump is endorsing his primary challenger Perdue. Kemp has done a very good job governing the state the past 4 years. Most of his policies have certainly gone against liberal ideology but it does not go against the majority of Georgians. I don't think the Dems have figured out how to take down Kemp... He is popular with the majority... Its gonna be a tough sell and no doubt things will get ugly on both sides and the loser will certainly cry foul. Its the standard these days.

Old 05-24-2022, 07:56 AM

5,982 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Atlanta saves Georiga from being Mississippi. Georiga's ratings for many health outcomes and socioeconomic status are horrible, especially when you consider they have Atlanta to help out the numbers.

Atlanta is literally the only thing keeping Georiga ahead of Mississippi and West Virginia. Oh, they are getting a Hyundai plant so that will help a little.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:21 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's not going to get her votes.

No one wants to elect a person who says the state they live in is the worst, even if it's true.

I wouldn't have placed Georgia worst, although . . . maybe?
No, I definitely wouldn't place Georgia as the worst place to live. According to US News, Georgia is #18, although it is pretty low in healthcare.

https://www.usnews.com/media/best-st...kings-2021.pdf

I'm a democrat, but I'm really not impressed by Stacy Abrams. I don't see what she has ever accomplished to give her this national name recognition.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:29 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

Perhaps we should reform the system to make it so it's easy for people to digitally cast their votes using secure servers and two factor authentication techniques. No need to mess around with manual ballot counters and such. The left are very careful to only propose reform that benefits them. They don't want EVERYONE voting, they want democrats voting, which seems obvious when you think about it. The constitution leaves voting up to the states... maybe we should mandate a national digital voting system that anyone can use for a full month before any election assuming they are a legal citizen with a social security number. It will never happen... our government is too inept to get anything useful done that would diminish their hold over us or their ability to cheat or be corrupt.
No, Democrats want everyone to vote. Dems always benefit from high turnout.

I like your idea for a digital voting system, but I know a lot of people, mostly republicans, would oppose it, on grounds that it is not secure. I figure if we can pay our taxes, register for Medicare and Social Security and do all our banking online, we should be able to vote online. We'd have to have public kiosks for those who don't have internet.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:32 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what a dope..she doesn't even like the state she supposedly wants to lead.

btw, is she still refusing to concede her 2018 election loss?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sta...e-houses-there
So is her criticism valid, sounds like she is hopeful of change.

Quote:
"Let me contextualize," she said. "When you’re No. 48 for mental health, when we’re No. 1 for maternal mortality, when you have an incarceration rate that’s on the rise and wages that are on the decline, then you are not the No. 1 place to live."

"Georgia is capable of greatness, but we need greatness to be in our governor’s office. We need someone who actually believes in bringing all of us in there together," she added.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sta...e-houses-there

Old 05-24-2022, 08:35 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

I'm sure you do. Dead people, illegals, people not from the state.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:37 AM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So is her criticism valid, sounds like she is hopeful of change.

from a Democrat that wants to push Biden/Harris policies in a Red Wave year. O.K.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:49 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

I like your idea for a digital voting system, but I know a lot of people, mostly republicans, would oppose it, on grounds that it is not secure. I figure if we can pay our taxes, register for Medicare and Social Security and do all our banking online, we should be able to vote online. We'd have to have public kiosks for those who don't have internet.
The bolded statement simply is not true. The topic has been studied extensively:

Quote:
In the aftermath of the 2020 election, Republican and Democratic lawmakers squared off in several states over the conduct of elections. From Georgia to Texas, Arizona, and beyond, Republicans introduced bills to "enhance election integrity," while Democrats bitterly resisted efforts to "suppress access" to the polls. These debates were an extension of those that took place in the summer and fall of 2020, when public officials attempted to carve out a path for voters to participate safely and confidently during the Covid-19 pandemic while limiting the possibility of electoral malfeasance.

Though we should take these public officials at their word when it comes to their primary motivations, it's clear that there is a coincident partisan motivation for the parties' respective positions: Both Republicans and Democrats are convinced — and have been for some time — that higher turnout will help Democrats and hurt Republicans. The conviction is widely shared, but inaccurate. Put simply, there is no evidence that turnout is correlated with partisan vote choice.
Link: https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publ...help-one-party

Old 05-24-2022, 08:56 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Has she ever heard of Mississippi?
That's doubtful. With such a stupid face and such stupid statements there's a good chance that she's very stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies