Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 06:19 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times

Advertisements

I hope they do. I want to see what the New World Order will do when confronted with a threat from China... even though I'm no fan of China myself.

I get this perception that our military has gone woke and that our effectiveness on the global front in a major large-scale war will be about as effective as Russia's. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd be curious to be put to the test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 06:35 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Obama/Biden has bombed more countries since WW2. Anything for their donors in the defense industry.

Isn't it ironic how the tables have turned? It used to be that the Republicans were all about building and maintaining the Military but now the Dems are doing it while the Republicans are turning inward to take care of America and her People. Of course the Democrats have labelled that thinking as Nationalism! Which according to them is also RACIST!

Biden is such a dinosaur in his politics. It is like he wants to return us to the 1980's and the Cold War but this time it will be heated up.

Of course there is nothing more distracting to the Failures at Home as a War Abroad.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:44 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,790,721 times
Did he really change it again? He said the same thing last year but then said he didn't mean it. Does he mean it this time? Did anyone check with his handlers to see if he's off in the weeds again? Or is it real? Did he change 50 years of American policy just like that? Can he commit the US all by himself to a war against China if it attacks Taiwan? I thought they needed a mutual defense treaty like NATO that Congress would have to approve?

Who's the Press Secretary? Can someone check with her/him/them (does person still count?)?

Old 05-23-2022, 07:01 AM

15,817 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Wait, wasn't it the Trumpies that were talking up hostility to China? Now they want to run away and hide? No it doesn't work that way.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:07 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,790,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Wait, wasn't it the Trumpies that were talking up hostility to China? Now they want to run away and hide? No it doesn't work that way.
Not relevant. President Trump wasn't committing the US to war. He was imposing tariffs on unfair trade. I hope you are able to grasp the difference.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:37 AM

19,012 posts, read 27,557,249 times
Well, there is one caveat to all the posts here and to what Biden said.
What if Taiwan returns to the motherland voluntarily? As neither China nor Taiwan EVER considered themselves to be two separate countries. They both always claimed to be one China.
To those, who will start blaming me in variety of things, just remember that it's very easy to orchestrate regime change in Taiwan. Orange revolutions are well worked out political technology.

Whatever happens, has to happen before the 20th CCP symposium this fall.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:46 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The decrepit mouthpiece and his admin are true menaces to society

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/23/w...e=articleShare
He is determined to get us into a world war.

Gotta keep his Big War friends fully funded, while he takes 10% off the top.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:49 AM

6,095 posts, read 2,715,675 times
Unlike Russia we do a lot of trade with China 90 percent of the junk on store shelfs is from China and much more. They own trillions of our debt if we sanction them they can bring the U.S economy to the brink of collapse wally would prob go first Or as I call it Chinamart.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:51 AM

2,953 posts, read 991,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, there is one caveat to all the posts here and to what Biden said.
What if Taiwan returns to the motherland voluntarily? As neither China nor Taiwan EVER considered themselves to be two separate countries. They both always claimed to be one China.
To those, who will start blaming me in variety of things, just remember that it's very easy to orchestrate regime change in Taiwan. Orange revolutions are well worked out political technology.

Whatever happens, has to happen before the 20th CCP symposium this fall.
Hogwash! Total and utter hogwash! Do you remember this little guy Chiang Kai-shek?

President Chen of the DPP declared that "Taiwan is definitely a sovereign, independent country, a great country that absolutely does not belong to the People's Republic of China".

People should know that you are completely wrong and that for much of Taiwan's history it has considered itself a sovereign nation. You've got some narrative to spin. Feels like a soft justification of the CCP's plans to take Taiwan by force and it needs to be shot down.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 05-23-2022 at 08:09 AM..

Old 05-23-2022, 07:52 AM

29,500 posts, read 19,600,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Economic hostility in the form of tariffs and other trading blocks isn't the same as a military conflict with a nuclear power. Even with Trump's big mouth he never said the US would engage militarily with China in the event that China invaded Taiwan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies