Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 09:27 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

The world is looking at a breakdown of our food supplies. Are we going to get hit hard with food shortages and much higher prices because of it? Reasons why we can have food shortages. War, Global dependence on food . Supply chain issues.

China is ready. We are not.

https://freedomfirstnetwork.com/2022...ges-in-america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 09:45 AM

24,457 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I'd say yes. There will be shortages because the price of fuel is going up and up and our supply chain relies on it from the farm to, store to table. The price of fertilizer and pesticides are also way up so that cost will be transferred to the consumer.

There is no relief in the near future and the people that will suffer the most in this world are those at the bottom It is always those at the bottom and with Biden he is busy putting more of the Middle class of America at the bottom.

China is used to hardships. Americans flip out if the power is off for a day and they can't charge their phones. What is going to happen when they go hungry? Many Americans no longer have the ability to do without.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:05 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
How can food shortages "be coming" when we've had a bunch of posters running around crying about how all the store shelves are bare since 2021?

Political fear-mongering gets really old.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:36 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How can food shortages "be coming" when we've had a bunch of posters running around crying about how all the store shelves are bare since 2021?

Political fear-mongering gets really old.
6 months ago I went into a grocery store in South Carolina and the meat section did not have one piece of meat and there was a few canned goods on the shelves . I would say it was 80% empty.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:05 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
6 months ago I went into a grocery store in South Carolina and the meat section did not have one piece of meat and there was a few canned goods on the shelves . I would say it was 80% empty.
The grocery store we use removed an aisle of shelves because they had been empty so long.

The poultry section is a good 2 feet shorter than it used to be (they moved pre-packaged potatoes and macaroni & cheese to fill the gap).

Less milk and cream (but on the plus side more buttermilk -- don't know why).

We still live in a land of plenty here in the US but there is LESS plenty than there was 2 years ago. And it costs more.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:09 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Yep and just like Covid variants, inflation, gas prices and baby formula, the Biden Administration will be caught off guard.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:12 AM

7,340 posts, read 3,514,319 times
the president himself told us food shortages are coming. it really is a perfect storm for that to happen, and when it does happen it will be purely intentional

Old 05-23-2022, 11:23 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
6 months ago I went into a store and it was fully stocked.

What we don't know is if the store you went into was in the process of cleaning, installing new shelving, had a truck shipment run a day late or so forth.

Many of those anecdotes were presented as proof of widespread bare shelves and apocalyptic doom.....

Old 05-23-2022, 11:26 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Yep and just like Covid variants, inflation, gas prices and baby formula, the Biden Administration will be caught off guard.

Not really. He told us that there will be food shortages in kind of a nonchalant way. It's part of the plan.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:33 AM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
yes they are coming anyone who says they are not are either in denial or so caught up in the politics of the thing. Shortages however dont mean starvation or even long lines. We are so food wealthy and have so many sources of nutrition that although we will likely have items that we are used to getting not being available or much more expensive we are not going to go hungry. Inconvenienced and likely annoyed sure. But we are a very privileged Nation and there are those who are going to panic and riot because the price of Doritos goes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies