Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 01:38 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,145,513 times

Advertisements

Came across a great article on MSM today. Davos is Dead Davos is dead | Opinions | Al Jazeera

My goodness! This brought a tear to my eye today. Are the young kids FINALLY catching on??? Are we at a point where we can finally face the fact that these corporations have way too much power and questioning them is ok and not some act of disinformation or conspiracy theory though?

Are the young kids starting to realize their inequality and impending poverty can't be blamed on this Ism or that Ism? Many of us on the forum have talked about this topic until we are blue in the face. I don't want to get my hopes up because we still have so much work to do stripping away the layers of brainwashing spread by main stream media who go to any length necessary to hide, conceal and protect the big corporations? Can we finally agree that our problems do not stem from Democrat vs. Republican and understand the real issue is us vs. them?

God I hope so!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 01:47 PM

25,431 posts, read 18,558,617 times
And at the head of the serpent is the biggest, most vile of the corporations: the federal government.

The big difference is that I can choose not to buy the product of a corporation I do not believe in (a regular practice of mine), but I cannot choose not to buy "the product" of the federal government. It's similar to a private corporation that bakes poisonous water hemlock cookies and forces everyone to consume them.

I have a choice with corporations. I have no choice when it comes to the "federal government corporation." They forcibly take my money and spend it on anything they like whilst offering a "product" that would put a normal corporation out of business immediately.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:15 PM

18,654 posts, read 7,517,367 times
Who/what is "Davos"?

Old 05-23-2022, 02:19 PM

35,470 posts, read 20,831,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmRod View Post
The government is literally owned(lobbied) by corporate interests. You get what corpos pay politicians to pass. In other words, capitalism infiltrated the government. For profits.

Money in politics leads to this. The profit motive should not be put ahead of the well being of citizens.
This is -1000% right. Money- lobbyists write our laws. They really do -and pass them to the congress to sign or argue etc. But it’s written to always benefit them. Facts.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:21 PM

35,470 posts, read 20,831,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Who/what is "Davos"?
See the link the op posted

Old 05-23-2022, 03:41 PM

25,981 posts, read 24,644,548 times
I read that Klaus Schwab, the guy behind the WEF and the great reset, has such a bad reputation by now that many people don't want to be associated with the WEF anymore

His father Eugen (on the right side on the photo) was a German Nazi industrialist:
https://t.me/neuesausrussland/5722

Under the photo it says:

The founder of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab, is pictured on the left. On the right is his father, Hitler's close confidant, the industrialist and fascist Eugen Schwab.

Klaus was born in Hitler's Germany in 1938. His father was then the head of Escher-Wyss, a strategic company of Nazi Germany, and had its own concentration camp where prisoners had to work for free.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:43 PM

42,320 posts, read 17,679,898 times
Don't fool yourself that it's dead. It's not dead at all.
There have always been protesters against Davos and that never stopped them before.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:43 PM

25,981 posts, read 24,644,548 times
Ukraine also played a little role. At a meeting in Davos Zelensky spoke and while everyone was applauding, the Chinese delegation just sat there without clapping and then they jointly left the meeting just like that.
Such a clear signal of disapproval from China is rare.

Old 05-23-2022, 04:48 PM

29,688 posts, read 24,748,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Ukraine also played a little role. At a meeting in Davos Zelensky spoke and while everyone was applauding, the Chinese delegation just sat there without clapping and then they jointly left the meeting just like that.
Such a clear signal of disapproval from China is rare.

LOL China foolishly picked the side that they've had actual wars and conflicts with in recent history. And that particular side needs all kinds of crap from China to sustain it's hot war, otherwise China will have sided with the loser, making China a loser geopolitically. And now even Japan is talking crap about China and telling them to bring it. I think they've managed to PO all their neighbors actually except Russia.

Have they always sucked this bad at geopolitics???

Old 05-23-2022, 04:53 PM

42,320 posts, read 17,679,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Who/what is "Davos"?
You need to read more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies