Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 07:19 PM

29,804 posts, read 24,880,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thus the venerable shotgun loaded with the proper shot. And like I said, they need to know how to shoot. That's what a range and tactical training is for. There are lots of very qualified tactical instructors. You don't overcome criminals by being afraid to stop them.

A lot of stores currently have a policy where clerks cannot carry. I would never sign myself up for something like that, particularly in a liberal city. It's no wonder this kind of crap happens all the time there. We all know what should be done, but it doesn't always work out that way like we see in the movies. Clerks have lost their lives trying to defend stores that are not their own. Most will not bother for a minimum wage job. There is a reason police make much more than some kid standing behind a counter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 07:27 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Wow. Lilly was kicking some A. Good for them. Only thing is they should have been armed.

Couldn’t tell for sure with the hoodies but I presume once again it’s these smash and grab Norwegians.

High testosterone+low IQ=trouble.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:31 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
I would travel to buy jewelry from this establishment.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:34 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
A lot of stores currently have a policy where clerks cannot carry. I would never sign myself up for something like that, particularly in a liberal city. It's no wonder this kind of crap happens all the time there. We all know what should be done, but it doesn't always work out that way like we see in the movies. Clerks have lost their lives trying to defend stores that are not their own. Most will not bother for a minimum wage job. There is a reason police make much more than some kid standing behind a counter.
If you live in a liberal s-hole where you can’t protect yourself you need to move. Those scum might be getting some buckshot if I’m in that situation. That’s why this kind of stuff doesn’t happen where I live. The next time that hammer might go through the owner’s skull. Simply showing a firearm here could have stopped this.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:09 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Well, all I can say is that the "defenseless little kids" all showed they had some stones in that video--way more than most people do these days. The girl with the chair needs some sort of reward for her heroism. Obviously, none of them were woke pansies, which is just what the vermin were expecting them to be. They got a whole lot more than they bargained for. And if that happened every time, this wave of vermin "smash and grab" would be over. If they knew they were going to get their heads caved in before even going into the store... they wouldn't have gone there in the first place.

If you don't believe in business owners defending themselves with guns then give them longswords, rapiers, and maces. And training to use them, of course. Or how about a crossbow... oh, never mind, someone two blocks away might get hurt.

Old 05-24-2022, 07:50 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Let’s hope next time the owners have guns. Maybe with all the publicity thieves will stay away ….for now.
Same type of smash and grab happened last year at a jewelry store in a mall just north of Los Angeles. The owner pulled a gun and fired a warning shot and scared the group of thieves away.
I know there is no perfect solution but there has been so many smash and grabs at jewelry stores. Why don’t they use unbreakable glass displays? Maybe a shotgun to scare them away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies