Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 08:49 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I've been hearing that the U.S was energy Independent under Donald Trump. So I decided to look into it and here's what I found.
Why promote lies, when the government's very own web site says it isn't true? Oh yeah, CNN.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/...nd-exports.php

Quote:
The United States was a total petroleum net exporter in 2020 and 2021
In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949. Total petroleum net exports were about 0.16 million b/d in 2021, and total petroleum net exports in 2020 were 0.63 million b/d. Also in 2021, the United States produced2 about 18.66 million b/d of petroleum and consumed3 about 19.78 million b/d. Even though U.S. annual total petroleum exports were greater than total petroleum imports in 2020 and 2021, the United States still imported some crude oil and petroleum products from other countries to help to supply domestic demand for petroleum and to supply international markets.
Kinda surprised that Brandon's minions haven't scrubbed this little titbit yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 08:51 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Exports > Imports = Energy Independence. US became the largest producer of energy in the world under Trump.

Trump opened up this country in all ways to make us energy independent. Biden is PURPOSELY making us dependent on foreign oil.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:51 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
These types of threads will increase towards elections.

Old 05-24-2022, 09:29 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
I've been hearing that the U.S was energy Independent under Donald Trump. So I decided to look into it and here's what I found.
Another liberal lie and half truth.

We were OIL INDEPENDENT, but not ENERGY INDEPENDENT. There is a difference, of course, an ENERGY entails far more than just petroleum.

WE WERE PETROLEUM INDEPENDENT AND THE WORLD'S LARGEST EXPORTER UNDER TRUMP.

As the truth reveals the disasters and idiocy of liberalism, libs are left with rationalizations and lies in an effort to "explain" democrat disasters. The TRUTH of the matter is that LIBERAL POLICY IS AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE and thus causes chaos whenever implemented.

Only a supreme idiot would declare war on the oil/gas sector in the presence of rising inflation. That idiot is Biden.

Old 05-24-2022, 10:07 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Well heck, if it is from cnn it HAS to be true!!

Wanna buy a seldom use bridge?

Old 05-24-2022, 10:14 AM

187 posts, read 68,302 times
I ain't no super smart PHD graduate nor do I have experience in economics, all I know is that gas use to be $2 for me and now it is almost $6. All I know is everything else is expensive and wages have not gone up. All I know is that there is a baby formula shortage and there use to never be a problem.

Maybe it wasn't Trump or Biden's ultimate fault either way, but all I know is things were better.

I don't know about all this 50 plus gender mombo jumbo. Back in my day, a decade ago, there were men and there were women. Sure there is the very rare, very very rare, person that acted differently. But society as a whole worked with men and women.

Old 05-24-2022, 10:20 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
on fossil fuels in favor of Green Energy.
Which is the reason campaign contributions, which are merely payoffs; need to be eliminated.
And what about Forbes, accurate?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=26a3b87b7c8b

Old 05-24-2022, 10:21 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Exports > Imports = Energy Independence. US became the largest producer of energy in the world under Trump.

Trump opened up this country in all ways to make us energy independent. Biden is PURPOSELY making us dependent on foreign oil.
Our exports have grown under Biden...so has oil production.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
does it make you feel better now when you are spending six dollars a gallon every time you pump up or paying the increased cost of every single thing sold in America caused by the increased fuel costs. Well if so good for you. I dont really care about slogans or Trump had us energy independent or not. I sincerely doubt must people care either. We care that all our fuel costs and everything which depends on that fuel(which is everything)has doubled since Biden took office. And nobody but the far left is going to believe Biden didnt affect that cost. When one of the first things he did when taking office was to end pro Oil policies. And every day since there has been some type of rhetoric attack on fossil fuels in favor of Green Energy. And if words dont have that much of an affect why was the left so hateful of Trump who in reality said a lot of mean, frankly stupid things but didnt really do anything that radical at all.

So you believe Biden's rhetoric is what dictates global crude oil prices?

Old 05-24-2022, 12:43 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you believe Biden's rhetoric is what dictates global crude oil prices?
Dictates is too strong of a word but when the President of the United States immediately comes into office and does things like put a stop to the pipeline and spouts off rhetoric to support an anti oil stance yes it has an influence on the World. It is the rhetoric along with his actions that affect oil prices. If he did nothing and just spouted off no that would have little affect. And once again key point what was Oil the day Biden took office and what is it today. You can argue all day long about the influence one person can or cannot have on the market but you cant argue with the Truth of the constant rise in fuel cost since Biden day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies