Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 187 40.04%
No 235 50.32%
Unsure 45 9.64%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 11:28 AM

102,128 posts, read 107,402,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I feel that the next few weeks will be critical to this war..if Russia can claim control of the Donbas and hold it, then that is enough for a victory claim by Putin the war criminal..if Ukraine looses this war because of insufficient weaponry, I'll hold Biden responsible for it..time will tell..
Why hold Biden responsible? The EU had a delayed reaction to it all, as well, and was reluctant at first to send arms. Plus, observers expected it to be over in a few weeks, or a little over a month. Hindsight is always 20-20. Nobody (but the US) saw this coming, and when it did begin, it wasn't expected to last. EU and NATO leaders have been meeting, analyzing, assessing as the war developed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 11:33 AM

102,128 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Russia does not need to seize Kiev.

The goals of the Russians' effort has included, from the beginning, de-nazification - the permanent defeat and elimination of all extremists who fly the swastika, warriors who have Third Reich/Adolf Hitler tattoos, etc. The very people that C-D posters claim do not exist.

Obviously, neither you nor I have access to the top secret Russian intelligence privy to President Putin and the highest level of government and military. But they're not going to lose this war.
When is the government going to de-Nazify Russia? For generations, now, it's tolerated parades on Hitler's birthday, Neo-Nazis speaking openly on youtube channels about beating up students from developing countries, or even members of Russia's own Indigenous nationalities. When are the Powers That Be going to clean all that up?

Old 05-31-2022, 12:24 PM

4,482 posts, read 5,320,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
When is the government going to de-Nazify Russia? For generations, now, it's tolerated parades on Hitler's birthday, Neo-Nazis speaking openly on youtube channels about beating up students from developing countries, or even members of Russia's own Indigenous nationalities. When are the Powers That Be going to clean all that up?
"Russia has tolerated parades on Hitler's birthday for GENERATIONS" - and World War II ended only 77 years ago.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:30 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermonster View Post
As someone from Ukraine, I want to say that war is hell.
https://www.military-quotes.com/william-sherman.htm

From the man who promised to make Georgia howl.

(the one in the US, not the one Putin attacked).

Among older Georgians, Sherman is still a 4 letter word.

But with modern weapons, total war is no longer necessary.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:31 PM

25,438 posts, read 17,134,480 times
Quote:
Russia does not need to seize Kiev.

The goals of the Russians' effort has included, from the beginning, de-nazification........
Brrrrrp.... Fail
Had nothing to do with the invasion. No one really believes it did.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:33 PM

4,786 posts, read 2,624,008 times
Quote:
Russian forces reportedly control the northeast and southeast outskirts of the city of Severodonetsk and are continuing to gain ground within the city, the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) said.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-events-day-97

Old 05-31-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That's enough of a statement to know you have swallowed the kool-aid of Putin's nonsense propaganda.
No, you are incorrect. I follow the facts. Which a lot of people in the U.S. who think Ukraine has been winning do not. This has been seen aplenty on C-D.

Quote:
You can choose your beliefs but you can not change reality. This firehose of falsehood is not working.
No, you are incorrect. What I want to believe is unimportant. Facts don't change whether or not I like them or want them to actually be facts. Facts are like fire being hot, water being wet... these things just ARE.

Quote:
Repeating the Glavset lies does not help you convince anyone that Putin is an angel who just wants to help Ukraine. Putin is a cold blooded murderer, a corrupt and greedy public official who has no regard for human life, and he has unleashed hell upon a neighboring sovereign state in an unprovoked attack.
What is both amazing and amusing is that a small handful of well-informed posters has written lengthy and detailed posts about the true history of the 2014-2022 period in Ukraine and yet such posts, as yours, are written -

"Putin is an angel who just wants to help Ukraine"
I have never ascribed to President Putin attributes akin to being a nice guy. Anyone who thinks that a person who rises to the leadership of an entire country - whether it's the Russian Federation, the People's Republic of China, Nigeria, Japan, or Iraq - does so without being ruthless and hard-nosed is guilty of the greatest naivete, one which utterly disqualifies such person from public debate on geopolitical matters.

This point of yours is irrelevant, but easily refuted.

Quote:
The central government in Kyiv has a freely elected administration, which peacefully succeeded another freely elected administration despite Russian interference in Ukrainian politics.
No, you are incorrect.

Maidan. 2014. Western interference. Victoria Nuland's leaked call on "to hell with the EU" (my paraphrase so this post doesn't get censored). An unconstitutional vote ousting President Viktor Yanukovych. 8 years of murder against Donbass Russians.

Do not think that writing a post with proper grammar is going to do anything in terms of convincing anybody who is aware of the facts.

Quote:
They have been successfully battling corruption, and the president is a popular Jewish Ukrainian businessman from the Russian speaking region.
Don't forget actor/comedian who played Jewish tunes with his penis on national TV. I know the west picks its puppets on how useful they are but this is quite a pick!

Quote:
Putin's first goal was to topple the Ukrainian government in Kyiv, and he failed to do so, the people have rallied behind behind their president and they are fighting for their freedom.
No, you are incorrect.

You didn't read/watch the lengthy address by President Putin when the special military operation was launched, and you apparently have not noticed that even mainstream media such as The Washington Post and The New York Times have now pivoted to a possible Russian victory. And even these channels are now mentioning the Nazi leanings of the Azov, Svoboda, and Right Sector fighters who have surrendered and whose quarters were found to have much Nazi paraphernalia. I bet that whatever sources you use did not tell you this.

Russia will win this war.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Brrrrrp.... Fail
Had nothing to do with the invasion. No one really believes it did.
No one believes it did? Sure, if you're talking about people who are unaware of the facts and believed the MSM's lies about Ukrainian victories and Russia losing this war hook line and sinker.

Not me though.

Russia is going to win.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:37 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
No, you are incorrect. I follow the facts. Which a lot of people in the U.S. who think Ukraine has been winning do not. This has been seen aplenty on C-D.

No, you are incorrect. What I want to believe is unimportant. Facts don't change whether or not I like them or want them to actually be facts. Facts are like fire being hot, water being wet... these things just ARE.

What is both amazing and amusing is that a small handful of well-informed posters has written lengthy and detailed posts about the true history of the 2014-2022 period in Ukraine and yet such posts, as yours, are written -

"Putin is an angel who just wants to help Ukraine"
I have never ascribed to President Putin attributes akin to being a nice guy. Anyone who thinks that a person who rises to the leadership of an entire country - whether it's the Russian Federation, the People's Republic of China, Nigeria, Japan, or Iraq - does so without being ruthless and hard-nosed is guilty of the greatest naivete, one which utterly disqualifies such person from public debate on geopolitical matters.

This point of yours is irrelevant, but easily refuted.

No, you are incorrect.

Maidan. 2014. Western interference. Victoria Nuland's leaked call on "to hell with the EU" (my paraphrase so this post doesn't get censored). An unconstitutional vote ousting President Viktor Yanukovych. 8 years of murder against Donbass Russians.

Do not think that writing a post with proper grammar is going to do anything in terms of convincing anybody who is aware of the facts.

Don't forget actor/comedian who played Jewish tunes with his penis on national TV. I know the west picks its puppets on how useful they are but this is quite a pick!

No, you are incorrect.

You didn't read/watch the lengthy address by President Putin when the special military operation was launched, and you apparently have not noticed that even mainstream media such as The Washington Post and The New York Times have now pivoted to a possible Russian victory. And even these channels are now mentioning the Nazi leanings of the Azov, Svoboda, and Right Sector fighters who have surrendered and whose quarters were found to have much Nazi paraphernalia. I bet that whatever sources you use did not tell you this.

Russia will win this war.
Wait! I thought it was a "special military operation." Think Putin is going to have to dock your salary for that slip.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Wait! I thought it was a "special military operation." Think Putin is going to have to dock your salary for that slip.
This from the guy who thinks BBC is "authoritative."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies