Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 187 40.22%
No 234 50.32%
Unsure 44 9.46%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2022, 08:28 PM

2,264 posts, read 935,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Todays update...quite a bit

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...essment-may-31

Key Takeaways

Activity in Russian-occupied areas

So what you're saying is Russia is winning.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
That's why they've eliminated the age limit of recruits, because obviously, there are so many volunteers, they just don't know what to do with them all.

We're talking about Ukraine right? Where they prohibited all men up to the age of 60 from fleeing.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Like the Wagner Group? Nobody buys into this propaganda in the free world...thats how it became so United in this....I mean supporting Ukraine has the support of the Trumpiest of the Trumpers to AOC....thats how pathetic the justification of this war is.

Yes, the "free world" has bought into the propaganda of the US/UK instead.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
No, you are incorrect. I follow the facts. Which a lot of people in the U.S. who think Ukraine has been winning do not. This has been seen aplenty on C-D.

No, you are incorrect. What I want to believe is unimportant. Facts don't change whether or not I like them or want them to actually be facts. Facts are like fire being hot, water being wet... these things just ARE.

What is both amazing and amusing is that a small handful of well-informed posters has written lengthy and detailed posts about the true history of the 2014-2022 period in Ukraine and yet such posts, as yours, are written -

"Putin is an angel who just wants to help Ukraine"
I have never ascribed to President Putin attributes akin to being a nice guy. Anyone who thinks that a person who rises to the leadership of an entire country - whether it's the Russian Federation, the People's Republic of China, Nigeria, Japan, or Iraq - does so without being ruthless and hard-nosed is guilty of the greatest naivete, one which utterly disqualifies such person from public debate on geopolitical matters.

This point of yours is irrelevant, but easily refuted.

No, you are incorrect.

Maidan. 2014. Western interference. Victoria Nuland's leaked call on "to hell with the EU" (my paraphrase so this post doesn't get censored). An unconstitutional vote ousting President Viktor Yanukovych. 8 years of murder against Donbass Russians.

Do not think that writing a post with proper grammar is going to do anything in terms of convincing anybody who is aware of the facts.

Don't forget actor/comedian who played Jewish tunes with his penis on national TV. I know the west picks its puppets on how useful they are but this is quite a pick!

No, you are incorrect.

You didn't read/watch the lengthy address by President Putin when the special military operation was launched, and you apparently have not noticed that even mainstream media such as The Washington Post and The New York Times have now pivoted to a possible Russian victory. And even these channels are now mentioning the Nazi leanings of the Azov, Svoboda, and Right Sector fighters who have surrendered and whose quarters were found to have much Nazi paraphernalia. I bet that whatever sources you use did not tell you this.

Russia will win this war.

It's quite unbelievable how easily most of the world has fallen for the US-led propaganda, that I'm astonished to encounter a post that demonstrates that an individual has not.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:16 PM

77,985 posts, read 60,182,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Well, define winning.

Russia has decided to take a much smaller bite and is looking to be more successful in taking it than their initial over-reach.

At the same time, their losses have been *horrific* likely exponentially higher than initially predicted before the start of the war.

Ukraine continues to be pummeled.

Russia continues to lose huge numbers of equipment and troops (and generals) while more neighboring countries surge to join NATO.

I leave it to each poster to define what they think *winning* looks like.

P.S. The Russian military sales will take a huge hit after the performance issues in this war, also they're selling oil etc. at discounts to the countries that won't impose sanctions. We won't know for certain if this is a win or a loss for perhaps decades, but it's hard to call this *win* at the moment. I have a deep admiration for the Russians and their fortitude but so far I think the overall net gain\loss is not favorable.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:27 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,708,086 times
Quote:
Does this look like winning?

Old 05-31-2022, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, define winning.

Russia has decided to take a much smaller bite and is looking to be more successful in taking it than their initial over-reach.

At the same time, their losses have been *horrific* likely exponentially higher than initially predicted before the start of the war.

Ukraine continues to be pummeled.

Russia continues to lose huge numbers of equipment and troops (and generals) while more neighboring countries surge to join NATO.

I leave it to each poster to define what they think *winning* looks like.

P.S. The Russian military sales will take a huge hit after the performance issues in this war, also they're selling oil etc. at discounts to the countries that won't impose sanctions. We won't know for certain if this is a win or a loss for perhaps decades, but it's hard to call this *win* at the moment. I have a deep admiration for the Russians and their fortitude but so far I think the overall net gain\loss is not favorable.

Really, because based on the sources that I follow, it was never their intention to take all of Ukraine. The move into Kiev was a diversion, and that the Russian deaths we hear about from Ukraine/NATO are exaggerated.
They did underestimate the resolve of Ukranians initially, and took higher than expected losses/casualties, but they were never at risk of not attaining their goals.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Does this look like winning?

See above.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:36 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,708,086 times
Quote:
Really, because based on the sources that I follow, it was never their intention to take all of Ukraine. The move into Kiev was a diversion, and that the Russian deaths we hear about from Ukraine/NATO are exaggerated.
They did underestimate the resolve of Ukranians initially, and took higher than expected losses/casualties, but they were never at risk of not attaining their goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNIX7V21pU

Old 05-31-2022, 09:44 PM

25,424 posts, read 17,109,073 times
Quote:
Really, because based on the sources that I follow, it was never their intention to take all of Ukraine. The move into Kiev was a diversion...............
Yeah, you're gonna need better "sources".
No one believes those sources.

(Let's create a diversion by parking hundreds of tanks and trucks on the road in freezing temperatures! That'll confuse them.
Then we'll send in hundreds of paratroopers in one plane. They'll shoot it down and REALLY BELIEVE we wanted Kiev

But we don't we REALLY want Kiev. We want......well, something else)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies