Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 40.00%
No 239 50.32%
Unsure 46 9.68%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 11:25 AM

102,178 posts, read 107,754,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Don't know about the "heavy artillery" but yes it's the second Mariupol in the making.

Ukrainian troops retreated to "Azot" factory territory in Severodonetsk.

300 civilians are with them as the live shield. Again.
"Azot" is an old chemical factory by the way. So highly explosive.

Yet another disaster is in the making and Ukrainian government knows it.

Zelensky prohibited his troops to retreat, even though his military commander highly advised to do so.

This criminal government in Kiev will not calm down, until it will destroy all the cities in Donbass and won't kill all civilians that were not happy to live under the nationalists.

P.S. And yes, the foreign mercenaries have been sent to operate there, since Ukrainians are running out of soldiers.
Wait. It was Russia that invaded the Donbas, both in 2014 and now.

I tend to agree about Ukrainian casualties, though. I don't understand this business of going for shelter in a chemical factory, but I'm not there, I know nothing of what options are possible.

I predicted Ukraine would run out of soldiers, civilian conscripts, whatever, weeks ago. Z will be left governing a country of women, children, and old men, many of them with no place to live, because the apartment complexes have been bombed. He'll be left with other countries' expensive military equipment, and no one left to staff it. So then what? Keep it? Sell it? Return it? Let outlaws steal it? Russia would probably love to get ahold of some of it, to copy it.

This "heavy artillery" and whatever, has come too late. But we'll see. That's all we can do, is wait and see. Did I mention, I hate this war? I hate this war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 11:34 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,771,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I wanna see Putin suffer a big humiliating defeat on the battlefield..that is the only thing that would make that low life pos feel bad..
Me too. That's why I so enjoy videos of Russian rapists and murderers killed by Ukrainian defenders.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:44 AM

25,544 posts, read 17,244,910 times
Quote:
I wanna see Putin suffer a big humiliating defeat on the battlefield..that is the only thing that would make that low life pos feel bad..
If the Russian Federation falls apart, the first group to turn against them may well be the Chechens. Chechens have not been involved in 2 wars like the Russians say; they have been resisting Hordelands based invasions for 1500 years. They even managed to survive the Mongol invasion. The Chechen guerilla campaign was so bad Russia was forced to establish a military base in Grozny.
You think Russians have been treacherous? Just wait until you see what Chechens will do to their previous overlords. And Chechnya is just one of 22 republics. The very idea that Chechnya may become a sovereign nation will cause Chechens rebel one more time.

Russia unlocked Pandora's Box in 2014, and now it is wide open. A collapse of Russian forces in Ukraine may well unleash the Dogs of War in several other places.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:07 PM

15,404 posts, read 9,039,075 times
Quote:
Me too. The Russian military is so pathetic. If NATO was to jump in, the war would be over immediately. NATO troops would be on the streets of Moscow and St. Petersburg within 24 to 48 hours and there is nothing Putin could do to stop it. The Russian troops are all tied up in the Ukraine and there would be none left to fend off a full scale invasion of Russia. And no Putin wouldn't launch nukes, because that would be pointless. And I truly believe that half the Russian population would cheer the NATO troops on and the other half would be like, whatever.

The least we can do is give the Ukraine their long range weapons they need and let them do it themselves. But instead we have weak leaders worrying about humiliating the Russians too bad.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:12 PM

3,213 posts, read 1,600,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Don't know about the "heavy artillery" but yes it's the second Mariupol in the making.

[…]

P.S. And yes, the foreign mercenaries have been sent to operate there, since Ukrainians are running out of soldiers.
Did they ever find any NATO generals in Mariupol?

Old 06-04-2022, 12:21 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,771,357 times
The Enforcer does a great job of putting videos of the war together. I see a Ukrainian S-300 in action for the first time here. Also in the video, another Russian tank gets destroyed by the defenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FT2qnEPWek

Last edited by davidt1; 06-04-2022 at 12:49 PM..

Old 06-04-2022, 12:21 PM

26,763 posts, read 22,513,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Did they ever find any NATO generals in Mariupol?

I don't know.

This subject is clearly avoided on the military channels, although a lot of people are asking this very question. Even the previous reports about the Canadian retired general are neither denied nor confirmed.

But both Scholz and Macron keep on calling Kremlin regarding the "fate of those taken POWs on Azovstal."

Old 06-04-2022, 12:35 PM

26,763 posts, read 22,513,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait. It was Russia that invaded the Donbas, both in 2014 and now.
If Russia would have "invaded Donbass" back in 2014, there would be no war today, as I've said many times before.

That's what Putin should have done BACK THEN, to nip in the bud that whole "Maidan" crap in South-Eastern Ukraine.

But he did not. Instead, he started the covert operation there, responding to the covert American activities in Ukraine.
Which was obviously not good enough, and that's how he ended up with the hostile state on his border, serving the US interests ( and NATO) eight years down the road.

Which is the reason for today's war.

Quote:
I tend to agree about Ukrainian casualties, though. I don't understand this business of going for shelter in a chemical factory, but I'm not there, I know nothing of what options are possible.
Most likely people were taken there against their will.

I mean everyone should be aware of Azovstal experience by now.

Quote:
I predicted Ukraine would run out of soldiers, civilian conscripts, whatever, weeks ago. Z will be left governing a country of women, children, and old men, many of them with no place to live, because the apartment complexes have been bombed. He'll be left with other countries' expensive military equipment, and no one left to staff it. So then what? Keep it? Sell it? Return it? Let outlaws steal it? Russia would probably love to get ahold of some of it, to copy it.
Z. doesn't care, if that's what keeps his government afloat.

The West will support financially the rest of the "project."

He knows that much.

Quote:
This "heavy artillery" and whatever, has come too late. But we'll see. That's all we can do, is wait and see. Did I mention, I hate this war? I hate this war.
Me too.

But I perfectly understand the reasons behind it.

Old 06-04-2022, 01:02 PM
bu2

24,060 posts, read 14,855,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The problem is Russia invaders want those land empty so they can put Russians or pro-Russia people there. That's how they can put up sham referendums and tell the world "look, the people here want to be independent or part of Russia."

They depopulate Ukrainian cities and replace them with Russians. Now these cities suddenly become friendly to Russia. If Ukraine cedes more lands to Russian savages, the cycle will repeat.
Sounds like the Assyrians or Babylonians.

Old 06-04-2022, 01:05 PM
bu2

24,060 posts, read 14,855,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Screaming ignorance.
East and SE Ukraine is literally nothing but Russians, pro Russian and speaking Russian. Somewhere past Ternopil and Rivne regions, we didn't even consider them Ukrainians. They were all moskali, derogatory for Russians. Even Rivne region already had russisms embedded into their Ukrainian.
Both Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts were 60% Ukrainian ethnically and roughly 35% Russian. Now the regions were overwhelmingly Russian speaking, but that did not necessarily mean pro-Russian. Most of the Russians lived in the cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies