Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 10:52 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58
Earth to FordBronco!!! We have many regulations on car manufacturers, exactly because there were many deadly accidents. Seat belts, airbags, reinforced panels, mandatory safety checks. If we applied a fraction of the regulations we put on car makers to gun makers, we might actually make a dent in this carnage.
Spoken from a person that never has own guns. They put safety features in cars not restrict access to cars. In some states they let 16 yrs. old behind the wheel, others 18. In 6 states at 14. In 2019, almost 2,400 teens in the United States aged 13–19 were killed behind the wheel and about 258,000 were treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor vehicle crashes. That means that every day, about seven teens died due to motor vehicle crashes, and hundreds more were injured. That's just that age range. You have by far more in other ages.

I have never seen a mental health test to pass a Driver's exam or buy a car from a dealer or private sale. You don't even need a license to drive a car since its very accessible to get in a car and cars are used in 99.9% of all crimes in the U.S.

Guns have many safety features. What do you want to make a lock mechanism to the trigger of all guns by the mental thought of the user? We are not there yet in technology.

Wrong comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 11:24 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
The guy couldn't even make it past 5 minutes before turning his speech into a political issue. At first I was like, "wow, not a bad way to start. Solemn words and you can tell he's deeply upset, as someone who lost his own son."

Biden: "However, the gun lobbyists..."

Me: "Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is!"
As if Salvador Ramos gives a hoot about the NRA or the gun lobby. The guy was insane, a complete nutjob and very obviously, criminally insane.

If we ever knew how to write laws to prevent insane people from murdering other people, don't people think WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY MADE THOSE LAWS?????

Old 05-25-2022, 11:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And Republicans are any better when it comes to gun rights?

Please list the past Republican presidents that have done away with any significant gun laws once they won elections and were in power? Surely they got rid of some right? After all, Republicans are said to support gun rights for citizens, are they not?

Why would Republican administrations, KEEP THE SAME GUN LAWS IN PLACE?!!!

***Perhaps there are not really 2 different political parties? Maybe its just one, disguised to look like 2?
You completely missed the point. Biden..you know the idiot in chief, has held some kind of title in the US Government for over 50 years now. He has not done a damn thing...he's all talk no action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Every time I think I could not hate this vile despicable resident more, he does or says something that makes me hate him more. I do not use the word hate easily. It applies here. He is worthless scum.
After 13 service members were killed in Afghanistan I have hated the man and used FJB quite often. Like you, I don't use the word hate on something unless it's warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
The guy couldn't even make it past 5 minutes before turning his speech into a political issue. At first I was like, "wow, not a bad way to start. Solemn words and you can tell he's deeply upset, as someone who lost his own son."

Biden: "However, the gun lobbyists..."

Me: "Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is!"
He should have listened to his buddy Obama and his Sandy Hook speech. I never cared for Obama, but that was one time that I agreed with him.

Old 05-25-2022, 11:36 PM

14,227 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Biden is tell people to stand up to gun manufacturers.

In the mean time his Secret Service agents are armed with all sort of weapon from handguns to automatic rifles to protect him.

Didn’t he give Ukraine billion of dollars so the Ukrainian government can hand out AK47s to Ukraine civilians?

Old 05-26-2022, 12:12 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I wasn't aware that a gun manufacturer pulled the trigger.
Correct.

It's like blaming tobacco companies for chain smokers. Blaming food companies for obesity. Blaming alcohol companies for DUIs.

Smoking, drinking, and eating can all be done responsibly. And you don't punish everyone else for those who can't do is responsibly.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:46 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
What about the thousands of children who enjoy hunting and target shooting? And of course, that would mean no one in the military under 21.
Average gang member is 15 years old and considered to be 'children". So we have gang members under 15 who get guns despite the laws. Make more laws????

How about enforcing the laws already on the books????

Release juvenile records!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies