Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 07:37 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

We live in a world where most statisticians and researchers are either mercenaries or missionaries, rather than people seeking the truth. When researchers know what they want to say rather than seeking to determine what they should say, that's a problem. In such a world, one must choose which "side" to put any faith in at all because there are plenty of supposedly sound medical studies saying the exact opposite when it comes to all aspects of this covid thing.

Because, from day one, the greater medical/pharmacological establishment has done nothing but revise and recant, I place very little faith in anything they say. That's not to mention that "big pharm" refused to stand behind their product from square one. Not comforting whatsoever. So that leaves one to investigate what's coming from both sides, do what personal research is possible, and make a choice. My choice has been to be very suspicious and play it safe one from day one. I looked at the mortality rates of this disease and saw little cause to subject myself to the supposed "cures." If I'm wrong about the dangers of the "cures", well, I wasn't under that much threat to start with. But if I'm right... well, we'll have to wait and see. But if I'm right, all I can say is thank God I gave this the thought I did and made the choice I did.

Ultimately, you do you, and I'll do me. But you are not going to force me to do you. That's the main reason there is so much turmoil with this whole covid situation. Too many people with God Complexes. Or Stalin Complexes, as the case may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 09:38 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
I was just reading an article on the supposed correlation between the Pfizer vaccine and the death of fetuses/babies. I am not sure whether their data is interpreted correctly. I was searching for information because there was a woman on TV who lost her baby due to heart problems. She didn't even put the blame on the vaccine, but she mentioned getting vaccinated and I remembered other articles on heart-related side effects...

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-06-...opulation.html

Old 06-14-2022, 11:52 AM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is a lot of available information out there to find with google, starting with definition of an ad hominem attack might be good.
Start with the definition of "vaccine", past and present.

And you obviously felt the need to restrict others as to where to find information.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:53 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just curious - what makes the doctor a whack-a-doodle? He’s not. He’s a professional who has made observations and created an alternative hypothesis of the phenomena to explain what he is observing. We used to call that science and people like him or others who find his hypothesis interesting would do further testing to confirm or deny it. This was beneficial because it contributed to the world’s body of knowledge and while sometimes it confirmed what we already thought, in medicine it often led to alternative cures when the traditional approach did not work. Without that process I would not be here today, along with probably some of the people in our own life. Since the rise of Covid we have seen scientists, government leaders, and the media demanding unquestioned blind acceptance of certain scientific theories in relation to medicine, even in the face of contrary evidence. That is called religion.
Which is the equivalent of dogma..an established belief not to be questioned.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:02 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We live in a world where most statisticians and researchers are either mercenaries or missionaries, rather than people seeking the truth. When researchers know what they want to say rather than seeking to determine what they should say, that's a problem. In such a world, one must choose which "side" to put any faith in at all because there are plenty of supposedly sound medical studies saying the exact opposite when it comes to all aspects of this covid thing.

Because, from day one, the greater medical/pharmacological establishment has done nothing but revise and recant, I place very little faith in anything they say. That's not to mention that "big pharm" refused to stand behind their product from square one. Not comforting whatsoever. So that leaves one to investigate what's coming from both sides, do what personal research is possible, and make a choice. My choice has been to be very suspicious and play it safe one from day one. I looked at the mortality rates of this disease and saw little cause to subject myself to the supposed "cures." If I'm wrong about the dangers of the "cures", well, I wasn't under that much threat to start with. But if I'm right... well, we'll have to wait and see. But if I'm right, all I can say is thank God I gave this the thought I did and made the choice I did.

Ultimately, you do you, and I'll do me. But you are not going to force me to do you. That's the main reason there is so much turmoil with this whole covid situation. Too many people with God Complexes. Or Stalin Complexes, as the case may be.
Great post!

I started to bold the parts I particularly agreed with, and then I discovered that I would need to bold ALL of it.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:08 PM

78,413 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Start with the definition of "vaccine", past and present.

And you obviously felt the need to restrict others as to where to find information.
That thar's one of thems "and homonym" attacks.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:20 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Which is the equivalent of dogma..an established belief not to be questioned.
Some thoughts in retrospect...

Some major problems we have had with the Pandemic stem from certain unique facts and circumstances.

The virus and its disease were new.
The virus and its disease affected and impacted different people in different places, at different times and in different ways.

The medical communities had to adapt in real time in different ways, which were location and time frame dependent. And then put all that into the lay social media, let politics get involved, and we had mass confusion.

More general Pandemic related opinion and policy as laid out by, say Fauci, may not properly apply to local medical risks and conditions at any one time.

Normally this sort of thing happens over a longer time frame, and basically controlled and investigated within the medical communities. The public at large is not often aware or so closely involved with real time and changing medical findings, data, opinions and recommendations.

Staying close and adhering to conventional scientific methods and controlled studies was difficult, since as everyone all over the world was looking for solutions. And the many treatment theories that did not so comply, muddied the waters. All aggravated by public participation via social media and its politics.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i suspect the "explosion" in cancer diagnoses will eventually be explained in future studies due to people putting off doctor visits, blood tests, and regular screening tests (mammos and colonoscopies for example) for 2 years during the pandemic rather than the covid vaccine.
This. My doctor even mentioned this (many more illnesses and more advanced due to not going to the doctor). And I live in a VERY conservative town where such a large population is anti-vax, we even have an organization for mothers trying to "take their schools back," threatenting to home school (go for it, fine with me, don't need your sick kids around mine), scream about CRT, literally the whole straight party narrative checking off every single box. They have something like 15,000 members...could be more by now. We had that Trump train a couple Halloweens ago...Trump flags on trucks...FJB flags...the WHOLE conservative party line. So we obviously aren't "sicker" here because of the vax.

Meanwhile my dentist several towns over has told me they are already booked solid through the end of 22 (!!!!) because of people putting off dental work during covid and the horrid state their teeth are in by now. It's a thing. People couldn't or didn't want to go to the doctor, now whatever they had brewing is out of control.

I don't know why people jump to conspiracy and ridiculousness when logic will suffice.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:25 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That thar's one of thems "and homonym" attacks.
Now heed your own advice and google for "sophism".

Old 06-14-2022, 12:44 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee57 View Post
One disease that has exploded and is directly attributable to vaccinations is Shingles (re-activation of VZV) in young people.

It happened to my partner. It happened to Justin Bieber.

This one is 100% verified.

My brother had that too recently, although he is not vaccinated. I heard it is pretty common as one gets older. I will probably get it again as well, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies