Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 08:00 PM

22,443 posts, read 11,969,169 times

Advertisements

Also, liberals love having a wide open border. With a wide open border, lots of criminals pour into this country from all over the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 08:08 PM

45,538 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The real question regarding our violent crime issues is-why do we have so many CRIMINALS in this country, those willing to violate others, either their property or their person. As the left like to whine all the time, we have the highest per-capita number of people in prison of any country (I haven't verified this) and we all know just how soft our crime laws and sentences are, and how often criminals are turned free with a minimal sentence. We have far, far more criminals than the few unlucky ones that actually, through some miracle, end up in prison. And these days, we won't even hold violent criminals on bail (ones where bail shouldn't be an option). So the real, serious question-why does this country produce so many criminals? Why are so many willing to commit crimes-do they not concern themselves with the consequences? And how do our sentences compare to other nations for similar crimes? Why so little value for human life in this country? We are more concerned with tiny bald eagles than tiny humans, let alone children and adults.
Starts in the womb...

Old 05-25-2022, 08:13 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
One common denominator I noticed over my career was an extreme lack of education, like elementary school level, when it came to the most violent criminals.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:20 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,096,991 times
Not enough good paying jobs.

Pay someone enough to live on and they wont resort to crime.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:23 PM

936 posts, read 423,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The real question regarding our violent crime issues is-why do we have so many CRIMINALS in this country, those willing to violate others, either their property or their person. As the left like to whine all the time, we have the highest per-capita number of people in prison of any country (I haven't verified this) and we all know just how soft our crime laws and sentences are, and how often criminals are turned free with a minimal sentence. We have far, far more criminals than the few unlucky ones that actually, through some miracle, end up in prison. And these days, we won't even hold violent criminals on bail (ones where bail shouldn't be an option). So the real, serious question-why does this country produce so many criminals? Why are so many willing to commit crimes-do they not concern themselves with the consequences? And how do our sentences compare to other nations for similar crimes? Why so little value for human life in this country? We are more concerned with tiny bald eagles than tiny humans, let alone children and adults.
Meth

Old 05-25-2022, 08:25 PM

19,006 posts, read 27,557,249 times
My wild guess will be, criminals percentage is not that bad in the US.
What is bad though, is audacious media eruption of propaganda that there are so many criminals.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:35 PM

2,231 posts, read 2,401,631 times
Do you think if we started having harsher punishments, like public hangings, it would deter violent crimes? I never thought I would suggest something like that, but we're getting desperate here.... There are so many bad people and they can't be trusted.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:36 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,885,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
One common denominator I noticed over my career was an extreme lack of education, like elementary school level, when it came to the most violent criminals.
Low quality of public school education in general. Even in good schools and for good students.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:37 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,460,386 times
New World settled by people who were either very driven or had more anti social traits than those who stayed. UsA southward has highest levels of crime in world, far higher than poorer parts of Africa or Southern Asia.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:57 PM

39,838 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchroobyRoo View Post
The poor commit crimes to eat, the rich commit crimes for fun.
How does buying meth help them eat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies