Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2022, 08:02 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not self-defense? Hmmm ...
Anyone can legally kill in self-defense. Anyone. Only pregnant women are allowed to kill solely for the sake of their own convenience. Convenience abortions are NOT self defense. Anyone else besides the mother and the health care provider who kills that child in utero is charged with homicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wrong again.
Nope. Guess again. Just one example... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sikande...duce-abortion/

Old 06-04-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who said anything about the constitution.
I did. Fetal homicide laws are unconstitutional because they violate the US Constitution's Equal Protection Clause. Either anyone can kill a child in utero, or no one can. Can't have it both ways. The EPC prohibits special carve outs for some but not others, which is EXACTLY why Chauvin (though an LEO) was convicted of MURDER for George Floyd's death.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:10 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anyone can legally kill in self-defense. Anyone. Only pregnant women are allowed to kill solely for the sake of their own convenience. Convenience abortions are NOT self defense. Anyone else besides the mother and the health care provider who kills that child in utero is charged with homicide.
A woman has the right to control her own reproduction. No one else has the right to intervene in her reproduction.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Against my better judgment I will respond even though I have made this point many times before. By all means argue the moral disconnect between legal abortion and the strictest fetal homicide laws. I disagree with many fetal homicide laws for exactly that reason. But having both laws in place is not a violation of the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution.
It sure as hell is a violation. Like I said... Either anyone can kill a child in utero, or no one can. Can't have it both ways. The EPC prohibits special carve outs for some but not others, which is EXACTLY why Chauvin (though an LEO in the process of doing his job) was convicted of MURDER for George Floyd's death.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It was a rhetorical question.

I asked you the question because I knew you wouldn't have an answer.

The truth is we do hold men accountable.

Only women are allowed an easy out.

She can opt for an abortion or she can put her child up for adoption.

The biological father is on the hook for 18+ years of financial support whether he wants the child or not.

These men are the only US citizens routinely subjected to arrest and imprisonment for failing to pay a debt.

But the fact is the world is full of men that take responsibility for their own children and other people's children.

I personally raised and provided financial support for three children that were not my biological offspring.

You spout canned feminist talking points because you don't have any better arguments to make.
Correct. It's a HUGE social injustice that only women and not men are given the opportunity to opt out, at will.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think it could be legally argued that if abortion is outlawed then the state could be potentially financially responsible for every child born in that state. When you force people to become parents against their will it is no different than the draft. Just like the draft, one can avoid it but it could be against the law.
Again, NO ONE (except for rape) is forcing women to become pregnant. 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. I've posted a link to the data many times. Unprotected sex = likely pregnancy. They're actually CHOOSING pregnancy for themselves, via their own actions.

Only a minuscule percentage of abortions, 0.3%, are due to rape.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
A woman has the right to control her own reproduction. No one else has the right to intervene in her reproduction.
Women can control their reproduction all they want. The FACT is that 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. I've posted a link to the data many times. Unprotected sex = likely pregnancy. They're actually CHOOSING pregnancy for themselves, via their own actions.

Killing another's human life because a woman then later decides that the inevitable consequent pregnancy and raising a child would be an inconvenience to her is ethically and morally abhorrent.

If women can kill for convenience to get out of the consequences of their own actions, why can't we ALL just kill anyone who presents an inconvenience in our lives? Hmmm...???

Old 06-04-2022, 10:03 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It sure as hell is a violation. Like I said... Either anyone can kill a child in utero, or no one can. Can't have it both ways. The EPC prohibits special carve outs for some but not others, which is EXACTLY why Chauvin (though an LEO in the process of doing his job) was convicted of MURDER for George Floyd's death.
Either a woman owns her own body or she does not. You keep arguing for a woman NOT owning her own body.

Too bad you can't see past the nonsense you copy and paste over and over and over again.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Either a woman owns her own body or she does not. You keep arguing for a woman NOT owning her own body.
No. My position is that a woman has no right to kill another human for the sake of her own convenience. None of the rest of us can do that, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies