Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 06:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Women can control their reproduction all they want. The FACT is that 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex. I've posted a link to the data many times. Unprotected sex = likely pregnancy. They're actually CHOOSING pregnancy for themselves, via their own actions.

Killing another's human life because a woman then later decides that the inevitable consequent pregnancy and raising a child would be an inconvenience to her is ethically and morally abhorrent.

If women can kill for convenience to get out of the consequences of their own actions, why can't we ALL just kill anyone who presents an inconvenience in our lives? Hmmm...???
Women can and do control their reproduction. Women like men can and do have unprotected sex that results in pregnancy. Women can and do get abortions for unwanted pregnancy. Call it irresponsible call it a convenience abortion, as of now she can abort without a care to what anyone thinks besides herself. As it should be.

It’s been pointed out numerous times. A woman aborting is unlike a woman who is a victim of a violent crime that results in the death of her unborn child. No you can’t just kill anyone you want. There is no equal protection to apply to criminal acts against other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 07:11 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
I did. Fetal homicide laws are unconstitutional because they violate the US Constitution's Equal Protection Clause. Either anyone can kill a child in utero, or no one can. Can't have it both ways.
Sure we can have it both ways. Of course the woman whose body is housing the embryo can decide to stop housing it. That doesn't mean anyone else should have a say in the matter. I can decide to have any surgery that I and my physician decide is my best course of action, say a gall bladder removal. That doesn't mean anyone else has the right to harm my gall bladder without legal consequences.

It would be ludicrous to say "Either anyone can remove a gall bladder from a woman's body, or no one can." That is the "logic" you are trying to use. And no, I am not equating an embryo to a gall bladder. I know your tactics. Instead of admitting your flawed logic, you will deflect by saying I think a gall bladder is comparable to an embryo. So don't even go there.

Old 06-04-2022, 07:14 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times
Imo if someone wants to report rape they have to report it immediately and have to file a police report. And have to be criminally held liable if proven without a doubt it was a false report.

Old 06-04-2022, 07:31 PM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Imo if someone wants to report rape they have to report it immediately and have to file a police report. And have to be criminally held liable if proven without a doubt it was a false report.
And it would be great if that is what happens in most cases, but for myriad reason it often doesn't. The majority of rapes are never reported at all. https://legaljobs.io/blog/sexual-assault-statistics/. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...-underreported. And sadly it is easy to see why. The amount of victim shaming and invasion of privacy is immense. Many victims feel crushing sham (they shouldn't, but I get it). When a woman is raped using roofies or similar methods, she may not even realize it right away. And then if victim decides to go through with the charges, a trial can be a horrible process in which her character is questioned and she has to relive the event in a public forum, and for what? Only a small number of rapes end in conviction. https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...exual-assault/

So it will be interesting to see how the rape exception is administered.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:53 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You are construing getting pregnant with having a baby. A woman can get un-pregnant if she chooses.
Why can some members of society kill a child in utero for their own convenience while others who do the exact same thing get sent to prison for committing homicide?

Old 06-05-2022, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Compelling a woman to give birth due to a prohibitive law against abortion is motivated by a desire to control her by making her give birth. Going to an abortion clinic to yell at woman not to enter would be another effort at trying to control.
Not at all. It's merely consistent with all the other laws that have already criminalized homicide.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Sure we can have it both ways. Of course the woman whose body is housing the embryo can decide to stop housing it. That doesn't mean anyone else should have a say in the matter. I can decide to have any surgery that I and my physician decide is my best course of action, say a gall bladder removal. That doesn't mean anyone else has the right to harm my gall bladder without legal consequences.

It would be ludicrous to say "Either anyone can remove a gall bladder from a woman's body, or no one can." That is the "logic" you are trying to use. And no, I am not equating an embryo to a gall bladder. I know your tactics. Instead of admitting your flawed logic, you will deflect by saying I think a gall bladder is comparable to an embryo. So don't even go there.
You're forgetting the fact that a child in utero has already been legally recognized as a SEPARATE human life. It's not just part of a woman's body. People get sent to prison for killing that separate human life.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:04 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
You're forgetting the fact that a child in utero has already been legally recognized as a SEPARATE human life. It's not just part of a woman's body. People get sent to prison for killing that separate human life.
You really need to take that up with the state legislatures who made a distinction between abortion (legal) and a person who murders a pregnant woman (illegal).

Old 06-05-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You really need to take that up with the state legislatures who made a distinction between abortion (legal) and a person who murders a pregnant woman (illegal).
That's been happening. When SCOTUS releases their decision returning abortion regulation to the states, where it belongs, states that abide by the US Constitution will restrict abortion to align with fetal homicide laws.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:42 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's been happening. When SCOTUS releases their decision returning abortion regulation to the states, where it belongs, states that abide by the US Constitution will restrict abortion to align with fetal homicide laws.
Maybe that will happen. If the Court returns abortion decisions to the states, some states will call abortion murder. I suppose that will please you immensely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies