Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 04:28 PM

46,178 posts, read 26,903,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
oH mAN... just when i was saving up for 'A Bazooka ~!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysA...nnel=TomSimons

I w-a-n-t One ~

england?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 04:30 PM

13,809 posts, read 5,517,576 times
Not even class 3...just need money and patience: Bolt Action 20mm Vulcan rifle, just $11,900!

That is an anti-tank round. Max range 5,000 yards. For folks not quick with math, that's a hair under 3 miles. So probably inside 2 miles reliably, you can penetrate tank plating...with a bolt action rifle.

Uhm Joe...you could own cannons back then, and apparently, thanks to folks like Anzio Ironworks, you can still own them.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:33 PM

1,250 posts, read 669,308 times
I'd like to hear a logical argument against what he said, specifically.

I know it's hard not to resort to insults and change the subject, but it could be interesting to hear why pro-assault weapon nuts think canons should have been included in the second amendment.

Last edited by thinkingandwondering; 05-26-2022 at 04:51 PM..

Old 05-26-2022, 04:39 PM

11,080 posts, read 10,640,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post

I know it's hard not to result to insults and change the subject, but it could be interesting to hear why pro-assault weapon nuts think canons should have been included in the second amendment.
The logical argument against what he said is that he either flat-out lied or he is so unfamiliar with our own history that he is making crap up.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:44 PM

13,809 posts, read 5,517,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post

I know it's hard not to result to insults and change the subject, but it could be interesting to hear why pro-assault weapon nuts think canons should have been included in the second amendment.
Cannons were implicitly included because they weren't explicitly excluded, and the 9th and 10th Amendments are clear where "wasn't mentioned, so..." is concerned. If it isn't enumerated, then assume the right exists and it belongs to the States and the People. Don't see cannons specifically enumerated anywhere, so yeah, it's up to the States and the People.

Private citizens were allowed to and did own cannons when the 2nd Amendment was added to the Constitution. They were just rare because, like the 20mm rifle I linked above, they were very expensive. Private citizens had all of the same weaponry the Army and Navy had. Initially, that's where the military of the Colonies got their weapons...from private citizens donating to the cause. They didn't qualify or specifically include/exclude anything because it was just commonly accepted as "whatever you can and choose to afford, those are arms you can keep and bear..."

They understood the why/how/when of tyranny way more immediately and intimately than circa 2022 Americans do. And I am sure at some point that King George III and the decently large population of colonial Loyalists all pointed out that colonists need no weapons because His majesty's troops take care of all that for us, dontcha know. Read the Federalist Papers and the Anti Federalist Papers. It's all explained in great detail.

Private citizens being the armed SUPERIOR of their government was the preferred model. Go read it if you doubt me.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:49 PM

4,903 posts, read 6,000,965 times
The Grandpa in Chief's senility is showing itself again.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:51 PM

1,250 posts, read 669,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The logical argument against what he said is that he either flat-out lied or he is so unfamiliar with our own history that he is making crap up.
That's your "argument?" lol

Old 05-26-2022, 04:56 PM

46,178 posts, read 26,903,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
oH mAN... just when i was saving up for 'A Bazooka ~!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysA...nnel=TomSimons

I w-a-n-t One ~

This is in england folks.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:20 PM

25,367 posts, read 18,504,218 times
I'm surprised Biden dropped the ball like this. I mean... come on... he was an eyewitness at the signing. He should be able to remember which sorts of firearms people could own.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:26 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,977,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I’m sure he didn’t come up with that line himself, but it works.

It is a childish ridiculous analogy by a president who is reverting to childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies