Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 10:43 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,727,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Not long ago, Dems were against having police in schools. They considered it racist.

Parents should keep their kids home and school them themselves or have online learning. Wayyyy less tax money would be needed from the state to maintain schools.
I agree. If I were a kid today, there would be no way I would go to school, I would be fighting with my parents everyday not to send me. When my niece was going to school she told me how the doors are locked and nobody from the outside could get in, so I told her the shooter could be one of her fellow students (I was telling her some ways she might protect herself). She told me please not to tell her another student might be a shooter because she would be too scared to finish school. Thankfully she graduated safely with no incidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 10:51 PM

13,376 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I agree. If I were a kid today, there would be no way I would go to school, I would be fighting with my parents everyday not to send me. When my niece was going to school she told me how the doors are locked and nobody from the outside could get in, so I told her the shooter could be one of her fellow students (I was telling her some ways she might protect herself). She told me please not to tell her another student might be a shooter because she would be too scared to finish school. Thankfully she graduated safely with no incidents.

Then you won't be going to the toy store or movies either or fast food, taking public bus or going to a game. Shootings there. The odds of dying by a mass shooter in school are less than 0.01%. You have a better chance of dying choking from the school food than a shooter.

This generation are full of wimps and soft people.

Old 05-26-2022, 10:52 PM

24,453 posts, read 9,315,996 times
Quote:
Not long ago, Dems were against having police in schools. They considered it racist.
Dems are still still creating and signing executive orders that punish police.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden signed an executive order Wednesday aimed at reforming policing practices on the second anniversary of the death of George Floyd.

The order creates a national registry of officers fired for misconduct and encourages state and local police to tighten restrictions on chokeholds and so-called no-knock warrants. It also restricts the transfer of military equipment to law enforcement agencies and mandates all federal agents wear activated body cameras.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna30548

Imagine trying to punish the same folks you have to call for help during a mass shooting.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:01 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Dems are still still creating and signing executive orders that punish police.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna30548

Imagine trying to punish the same folks you have to call for help during a mass shooting.
Bingo…the hypocrisy is priceless. Still waiting to hear when the social workers are going to spring into action.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:58 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,757,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And the changes can only come via the adults. You want the kids to fix it? They only know is that they are targets.
And leftists want Americans to give up rights we have had enshrined in our Bill of Rights since the early days of the republic? Why? This is a problem caused by the young generations and it is ironically the young who are calling for our rights to be stripped away in response to their own bad behavior.

We need real solutions that do not involve infringing upon the constitution or restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. We can start by rebuilding our mental hospitals. I would say it’s more than a coincidence that as states shut down their mental hospitals 30 years ago we began to see the era of the school shooting begin. We should also do something about the extreme violence in video games. Obviously some individuals cannot handle exposure to those games without it affecting their mental stability. These games must have a part in this and it’s worth looking into.

What is NOT on the table is our constitutional rights. Our rights are not negotiable.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:36 AM

17,219 posts, read 12,099,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
And leftists want Americans to give up rights we have had enshrined in our Bill of Rights since the early days of the republic? Why? This is a problem caused by the young generations and it is ironically the young who are calling for our rights to be stripped away in response to their own bad behavior.

We need real solutions that do not involve infringing upon the constitution or restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. We can start by rebuilding our mental hospitals. I would say it’s more than a coincidence that as states shut down their mental hospitals 30 years ago we began to see the era of the school shooting begin. We should also do something about the extreme violence in video games. Obviously some individuals cannot handle exposure to those games without it affecting their mental stability. These games must have a part in this and it’s worth looking into.

What is NOT on the table is our constitutional rights. Our rights are not negotiable.
And yet you put one on the table?

Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association ruled that video games are covered by the First Amendment. And that preventing a minor from buying violent video games violates it.
https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment...52/video-games

Why is only the second amendment defended so fervently while ignoring the others?

Old 05-27-2022, 07:38 AM

9,428 posts, read 4,280,393 times
Quote:
Don’t you think they have any rights to be concerned or scared or fed up? 200+ shootings in school this year.
Of course they do. Please explain how ditching class is going to change anything. Why do liberals embrace whine-a-thons when they simply aren't effective? In fact, said protests often backfire.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:40 AM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times
Quote:
Nah, if they don’t want to be in school they can learn from home or be home schooled. No worries about mass shootings. It’s a win win.
How are you going to tell anyone what they should or should not think and feel when you're not even in that situation?

Old 05-27-2022, 07:40 AM

8,897 posts, read 2,936,218 times
Quote:
Don’t you think they have any rights to be concerned or scared or fed up? 200+ shootings in school this year.
Why would they think politicians can stop mad men though? This is more of an attention grab and an "attack republicans" stunt.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:42 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,540,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Why would they think politicians can stop mad men though? This is more of an attention grab and an "attack republicans" stunt.
They probably wrongly thought the police would stop the mad men, but think for a second, you're asking school children for answers? Are they really the ones we should be asking question of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies