Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 07:42 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,263,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Don’t you think they have any rights to be concerned or scared or fed up? 200+ shootings in school this year.

They should probably be fed up with the school districts that pulled funds for police at schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 07:44 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
They should probably be fed up with the school districts that pulled funds for police at schools.
Yes, because the police did so well.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:44 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They'd use any excuse to ditch classes.
That's a shallow statement. Maybe they're just scared crapless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Please explain how ditching class is going to change anything.
How did protests on college campuses in the 60s and early 70s change the course of action in Vietnam?

Old 05-27-2022, 07:46 AM

6,961 posts, read 2,695,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They'd use any excuse to ditch classes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/students-w...ry?id=85000148
"We refuse to get an education and will screw up our future ambition to attend college"

Old 05-27-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
"We refuse to get an education and will screw up our future ambition to attend college"
If they're shot they wont make college anyway. Besides, college is a waste of time, they should go to trade schools instead of those woke, communist campuses, right?! Isn't that how the conservative view of college is?

Old 05-27-2022, 07:47 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Don’t you think they have any rights to be concerned or scared or fed up? 200+ shootings in school this year.
incorrect, but you clearly are the target audience for their misinformation.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:50 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
I'd have walked out years ago for wasting my time on useless, damaging, and erroneous information being taught. Thank God I went to school when they still taught facts and things worth teaching.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thank God I went to school when they still taught facts and things worth teaching.
Classic getting older sentence. Bet summers were longer in your day too.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I agree. If I were a kid today, there would be no way I would go to school, I would be fighting with my parents everyday not to send me. When my niece was going to school she told me how the doors are locked and nobody from the outside could get in, so I told her the shooter could be one of her fellow students (I was telling her some ways she might protect herself). She told me please not to tell her another student might be a shooter because she would be too scared to finish school. Thankfully she graduated safely with no incidents.

maybe if the adults laid out all the facts/stats for them, they wouldn't be as worried.

an infinitesimally small % of students will ever be exposed to guns being used at schools. Sure, all the students at the elementary school were exposed to it. Any other students in Uvalde have been exposed to it. The students at the school in Michigan - exposed to it.

But students on the other side of Texas, in other states, etc - they haven't been exposed to it.

Some dip**** brought a gun into my child's high school (in his backpack) and got caught. We didn't suddenly rush out and get counseling for every kid, or consider them fear-shocked.

I thought after Parkside that all schools had established locked doors, and getting buzzed in. Apparently that's not the case, though it is in my county-wide 180 school system and certainly every urban district in the state. You're not talking even $10K/school for this.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Then you won't be going to the toy store or movies either or fast food, taking public bus or going to a game. Shootings there. The odds of dying by a mass shooter in school are less than 0.01%. You have a better chance of dying choking from the school food than a shooter.

This generation are full of wimps and soft people.
it's the information being fed them, like "200+ shootings IN school this year".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies