Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 06:04 AM

340 posts, read 175,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Wow…. Are you still taking your medication?

Yes, January 6, 2021 was wrong, but so was May through October 2020. Until BOTH side acknowledge this the division and distrust is only going to get worst. Trust me, there are many on the Far Left and on the Far Right would love nothing more than his distrust and plain hatred of each other to continue and flare back up into violence.

Sadly, the country is being played big time and I’m starting believe that this IS the plan of both the Far Left and Far Right. Furthermore, I wouldn’t put it past both the Far Left and Far Right if they are working together in destroying the country.

Stop trying to deflect what Im saying about what the right discussed online running up to the elections. You people can't sit there and tell me what I saw being wrote through social media amongst the republicans. There were hundreds to thousands of republican commenters talking about plans and fantasies of a civil war in great detail if the Nov 3rd elections turned sour and/ if the democrats resort to rioting and looting... the people on the right talked about using weapons to encounter that scenerio. And lets not deflect again with the protest on the left being about social justice which is completly different than wanting to keep power by over turning an election or even starting a physical war. I take no sides and did not vote in 2020, I'm speaking objectively. The right is far more dangerous because they are capable of producing greater destructive ideas to hold onto the white established class power but are too coward to carry them out and now resort to denial. But you're right, politics have society divided, just that the republicans are seen as hypocrites and cowards in my eyes.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:39 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That ship has sailed.

There are 300 million guns in the United States of America. You can’t do anything to make that go away.

Even if Biden had the balls to create executive order gun laws, he doesn’t and they would get thrown out, nothing can change 300 million guns.
I believe it's 400,000,000.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:42 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
"Nothing can be done about the gun violence epidemic" says the only developed country that suffers from a gun violence epidemic.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:42 AM

308 posts, read 297,559 times
I dedicate this song to the GOP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-RoRC0FuOw

Old 05-28-2022, 07:29 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I agree with all this--and I'm also licensed to carry a gun, and own several.

I'd point out, though, that teenagers in the military are under arms only in specific situations, and are under constant supervision while under arms.
Valid point.

I’m a retired LEO and can legally carry in every anti-gun city like NYC, LA and Chicago since I learned to be very responsible at a very young age, which shaped the rest of my life.

I’m also a retired Army Reservist with 13 of my 30 years served on Active Duty, along with two combat tours. I joined the Army one month after my 17th birthday and yes, as a young 17 y/o, there were plenty of Sergeants watching me AND it was made very clear that if “I” screw up, I’ll pay the price to include a military prison sentence…. After a serious @zz beating for being stupid or irresponsible.

Long story short, I made Corporal at 18 1/2 and Sergeant one month before my 20th birthday. Six months after that, I was a Tank Commander, that could not legally drink in the US and supervised three other Tank Crewmen who were older than me. This was possible since I knew, without any question, that “I” was fully responsible for all my actions and that my parents couldn’t fix everything for me.

There was countless times the Army posted me on guard duty at a sensitive ammo bunker, all by myself for hours without any supervision, while being armed with a loaded M1911A1 .45 cal. pistol and a M3A1 .45 cal. sub machine gun when I was still 17 y/o.

The point about the military, police explorer or firefighter/EMT, you are showing a higher level of maturity… Even if you’re not carrying a firearm 24/7. I would not have any issues trusting a responsible and stable 18-19 year old with a firearm at that point since there is a track record of that person not being an idiot.

Also, IMHO, simply working at Mickey D’s or going to college at 18-20 isn’t proof of any high level(s) of maturity or responsibility.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:45 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Well, it did lower gun deaths significantly when it was the law of the land.
Though you like to think so it did not.
The truth is out there.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Here's all the Democrat Leftist Wack Jobs that want to eliminate Student Resource Officers (SROs) from Schools

"Seattle bans police officers from schools"
"Ban Police from USD497 Public Schools"
"A movement to push police out of schools is growing nationwide. Here is why"
"Then on Thursday the newly-elected mayor of Boston, Michelle Wu, said she was still intending to uphold the ban on police inside Boston schools."
"Bill Would Ban Police as School Resource Officers"
"Dems Outraged About Texas Shooting Pushed Bill To Defund School Police Protection"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...icers-schools/

https://www.change.org/p/usd497-scho...e-high-schools

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...utally-beaten/

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...urce-officers/

https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/25/d...school-police/
Police are not our friends. thankfully a police meet and greet at a local school was cancelled after parents complained about the message it would send to kids. I could not agree more.

We may disagree on the reasons for doing this, but all that matters is police are not welcome in schools, Im good with that, even if it for different reasons, the outcome is the same.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I believe it's 400,000,000.
Over that number now especially with the Dem gun salesman of the past 14 years.
Two years ago it was estimated at 434 million and since the Summer of 2020 when Antifa and BLM convinced Americans that they better get armed for their own safety production and sales has gone way up.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Opposite is true. We are creating a generation of traumatized, mentally ill kids. That will lead to much more violence. The country will be unlivable in a few years time thanks to our complete disregard for gun safety.

The country will be unlivable in a few years time thanks to our creating a generation of traumatized, mentally ill kids and our complete disregard for values, morals, and respect for life.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
Stop trying to deflect what Im saying about what the right discussed online running up to the elections. You people can't sit there and tell me what I saw being wrote through social media amongst the republicans. There were hundreds to thousands of republican commenters talking about plans and fantasies of a civil war in great detail if the Nov 3rd elections turned sour and/ if the democrats resort to rioting and looting... the people on the right talked about using weapons to encounter that scenerio. And lets not deflect again with the protest on the left being about social justice which is completly different than wanting to keep power by over turning an election or even starting a physical war. I take no sides and did not vote in 2020, I'm speaking objectively. The right is far more dangerous because they are capable of producing greater destructive ideas to hold onto the white established class power but are too coward to carry them out and now resort to denial. But you're right, politics have society divided, just that the republicans are seen as hypocrites and cowards in my eyes.
Except none of what you claim happened and you have no proof to it. Contrary to your belief, what you read on the internet isn’t always true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies